S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official S-Type Meet -Pittsburgh June 4/5 - Sign up

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Jason, scratch off Joyce. My wife will not be attending.

Jeff I can't wait to see her and yourself again. If Olivia has grown anything like Bridget.....holy moly and not to mention the food this baby consumes!!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by phd12volt
i just spoke to them at the restaurant, they are reserving us tables for 12 people right now, if we need more i need to let them know by friday night. me and my 2 daughters, jeff and olivia,rick and joyce, chris.......quote the previous if you are confirming so i can get a head count. thanks guys and gals!!!
Jason, is this for Saturday? If so, I will not be there. I am only coming in on Sunday with Olivia for the car show. Sorry, I had wished to make a weekend of it, but with everything going on it just couldn't happen.

If it is for a get together on Sunday, let me know what time. We may be able to do that as well.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by phd12volt
me and my 2 daughters(if other kids are going), rick and norri, chris.......quote the previous if you are confirming so i can get a head count. thanks guys and gals!!!
thats the list so far

Old 05-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
LOL! Since it is a day trip for me to go to the show I will have Olivia with me....

Wait to you see how different she is, Rick!

I can't wait to meet a bunch of you in person as well!...
Ive got some personal family stuff going on currently so my decision to go is kinda going to be last minute. Put me down cause I will definitly be there if I go.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I'll be there. I will likely have my grand daughter with me. She's but 2½ years old. She's adorable, but "very posessive" She'll likely want to sit at whatever table I'm at and call out to pop pop all night LOL.. I too am looking forward to meeting many people in the forum.

Likely, if we have another meet a little later in the summer, I'll have some new Mods to share with everyone including some new rims, some trim accents, a Chip performance and gas mileage upgrade along with a couple of other I'd been advised could make a difference.

There's a guy that comes from PA that has a Black 03 STR. Last week, I parked right next to him. I know he freaked and laughed when he saw the two cars sitting together. I printed a flyer and am waiting to see him again. He might come or... might even be one of you LOL.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Veteran Member

Good story about the Black STR Docuzzie.
Hopefully he'll show up!

As for the up coming mods, theres always pictures to post!!!!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Not sure which day I will be there for yet. I'm "supposed" to go to the company picnic on Saturday as I am a member of management and they want us there.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Alright, things are looking good for Saturday - thanks Jason. Wish I could be there too but I'll be at my little brother's graduation party.

As for Sunday, I'm thinking that I'll drive down to the Hampton and meet everyone staying there in the parking lot, then go down to the show as a group. It's about a 20-25minute drive (Google says 32 minutes but we know better...).

North Belle Vernon, PA to Linden Hall Country Club - Google Maps
Registration starts at 10am, and the event coordinators were trying to get volunteers to show up between 8 and 9 to get ready for the cars.

So I'm thinking I'll get to the Hampton around 8:30 and then we can meet and greet and then hit the road. Get there a little early to get some good spots at the show and have some extra time to clean up the cars and shoot the bull.

Sound like a plan?

Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member

Chris, depending on Norris schedule, I am unsure of what time we will be leaving (for home) on Sunday. We have about a 7.5 hour drive to my house then Norri has another 1.5 hours from here. But 8:30 sounds good to me.

The following users liked this post:
The Chris X (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I need to put front brake pads on today, I don't think there is anyway I will have my cat conv. problems solved by the weekend but ohwell. I am trying my best to leave early Sat. morning get there around 1pm. spend the night and leave sunday afternoon. That is if this car acts right.

I am about ready to use this car as a target at the annual machine gun shoot!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by achysklic
I need to put front brake pads on today, I don't think there is anyway I will have my cat conv. problems solved by the weekend but ohwell. I am trying my best to leave early Sat. morning get there around 1pm. spend the night and leave sunday afternoon. That is if this car acts right.

I am about ready to use this car as a target at the annual machine gun shoot!
want to bring it to my shop here before hand, you can. Just let me know, as i will be working on mine saturday morning/afternoon

I have tools and scanners

Old 06-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Chris, depending on Norris schedule, I am unsure of what time we will be leaving (for home) on Sunday. We have about a 7.5 hour drive to my house then Norri has another 1.5 hours from here. But 8:30 sounds good to me.
7.5 hours to S. Carolina from the Burgh is a pretty good pace! Hope nobody has to pee.

I'll have to remember your time when I drive to Hilton Head next month.

With that being said, it looks like the weather should be exceptionally nice for your drive and really for most of the weekend. Very slight chance of rain, looks to be pretty warm all weekend long (80's).

Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by The Chris X
7.5 hours to S. Carolina from the Burgh is a pretty good pace! Hope nobody has to pee.
I have a hollow leg as you guys will find out. As far as for Norri I'll bring "The Jug"

I'll have to remember your time when I drive to Hilton Head next month.

Originally Posted by The Chris X
With that being said, it looks like the weather should be exceptionally nice for your drive and really for most of the weekend. Very slight chance of rain, looks to be pretty warm all weekend long (80's).

Norri we better bring our winter wear, seems its gonna be a bit chilly up there!!!

Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

wish i had some business up there to do so i could have an excuse to go, you all enjoy yourselves! take pictures for us non attendees

The following users liked this post:
The Chris X (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry guys, not going to be able to make it. The STR belly pan got destroyed, and I don't want to drive that type of distance in unknown weather without it. I ordered the part and if it gets here by some miracle by Friday I'll go, but it's not looking good.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Sorry to hear that Chris

I'm a NYC native, who has a home in Valley Stream LI. As I'm in Maryland now most 87 percent of the time, It's not likely I could swing by and swoop you up then make the trek over 1 & 9, to Pulaski, to 78 to 76 and then out to the place (or some other more optimized route).

I'll drink a few beers for you though... grinz....

Old 06-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Just spent 6 hours doing a quick detail getting the STR ready. I wont have time tomorrow because of class so had to bust it out today. Can't wait 2 more days till I leave.
Chris just duct tape a piece of cardboard and you will be good. LOL.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ChrisSTR
Sorry guys, not going to be able to make it. The STR belly pan got destroyed, and I don't want to drive that type of distance in unknown weather without it. I ordered the part and if it gets here by some miracle by Friday I'll go, but it's not looking good.
Dude! Noooo! That is a real bummer man.

I can tell you that the weather is supposed to be dry and pretty nice if that helps - I don't think you will run into any nasty weather between NYC and here. You get our weather about 2 days later usually, and it's nice here now and will be the rest of the week.....so...maybe reconsider....

Vance you make me feel lazy if a 6 hour detail is a "quick" detail for you. My wife complains about the normal 2 and 3 hour detailing I do....6 hours she might make me sleep out in the garage with it. I got a good cleaner wax job done yesterday, freaking pollen here is so bad though I'll be touching it up Sunday morning no doubt.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member

I have to agree Chris, don't worry about the under tray!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by vance580
Just spent 6 hours doing a quick detail getting the STR ready. I wont have time tomorrow because of class so had to bust it out today. Can't wait 2 more days till I leave.
Chris just duct tape a piece of cardboard and you will be good. LOL.
Honestly... Vance isn't far off on that.... There are only a few things under there that may be of concern, and I don't think they get all that hot... Just get some sheet metal (cheap home depot stuff) and bend it to protect what you are worried about..drill some mounting holes and zip tie it up there... It will do as a temporary fix until the part arrives...

Just a suggestion so you don't have to miss the fun....

Quick Reply: Official S-Type Meet -Pittsburgh June 4/5 - Sign up