S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official S-Type Meet -Pittsburgh June 4/5 - Sign up

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
I have a hollow leg as you guys will find out. As far as for Norri I'll bring "The Jug"

I'll have to remember your time when I drive to Hilton Head next month.

Norri we better bring our winter wear, seems its gonna be a bit chilly up there!!!
I don't anticipate too many comfort stops on the way.

80 deg, sounds like heaven right now.

I'll be looking forward to it.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

LOL... all these posts.... It's like a bunch of kids on Christmas eve waiting for Santa.....LOL

Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Honestly... Vance isn't far off on that.... There are only a few things under there that may be of concern, and I don't think they get all that hot... Just get some sheet metal (cheap home depot stuff) and bend it to protect what you are worried about..drill some mounting holes and zip tie it up there... It will do as a temporary fix until the part arrives...

Just a suggestion so you don't have to miss the fun....
Good ideeres' Jeff.

But really I have on a couple of occassions ran our vehicle a week or so at a time without the under tray, without any problems.

Chris unless your vehicle is lowered, I wouldn't worry 'bout it. Just keep a good eye open for potholes!

Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

worse case scenario i can help you if you get here on saturday morning/afternoon. We can put it on stands and fabricate something under there, ive done some modifications in the past

Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by phd12volt
worse case scenario i can help you if you get here on saturday morning/afternoon. We can put it on stands and fabricate something under there, ive done some modifications in the past

Just don't cut any holes in it Jason.... LOL...

The following users liked this post:
The Chris X (06-03-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I'll have my canon T1i and tri-pod, so for those of us who aren't shy, we should be able to get some nice pics. Surely for the next meeting, I'll have my aforementioned mods in place. As I understand it, the Rims and tires I ordered are due to arrive the 22nd. (tires on back order), The Chips will be in on Tuesday the 7th, the interior wood grain upgrade for the overhead and near the door handles the 23rd and the Silver trim and along with the daytime running lights before the EOM. I've already got the Rotors and Akebono ceramics but ..... won't be fiddling with that this weekend for sure. I"m really looking forward to the Wings and things...... along with some time with some pretty cool folks.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Well I forgot to get this out yesterday, but got it done this morning - the phone number PM has been sent to everyone confirmed as attending at last count (ChrisSTR you got it too in case you can make it).

I realize Rick and Norri (and maybe others?) might already be on the road - if one of you two reads this please let me know. If I don't hear from you by the end of the day I'll send you a text Rick with the numbers.

Save travels everyone! Don't get too carried away with speed on the highways and be very careful in construction zones in PA - the State police have a crackdown operation on speeding in these areas. The are often disguised as road construction workers, so be wary and keep it safe!

Old 06-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayt2
That's inexcusable performance. Long ago, I worked at the olde General Tel. Co. (forerunner to Verizon) as an installer/repairman. If I had left the job like that, I would have been fired on the spot.
I suggest you call repair service NOW and get them out today...NO excuses..they can very well work today..as I had to on occasion. Get a supervisor and be extra firm if you need to.
If it were me, my voice would be heard several blocks away. There is NO excuse for them to not fix it asap...

Friday AM and still no phone line. Believe me not for lack of complaining on my part. Plus this is a bussiness line I am talking about. Yes things were different long ago. They told neighbors it would be the 6th before it is repaired. The accident was on the 25th.

Well Verizon has lost a long time customer. I have had this line since before it was called Verizon. Comcast will be out Monday to switch me over. Turns out it's lots cheaper and a faster connection. This isn't the first rodeo with Verizon. Their service sucks. I think they are primarily a wireless company now and could care less about servicing land lines.

Good news is the Jag is finally legal and we will be doing some final detailing before the show. Drives like a dream. I told Laurie it's her turn to rub on it. I'm tired!! Looking forward to meeting those going to the show.

Chris has my cell if anyone needs me.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Docuzzie
I'll have my canon T1i and tri-pod, so for those of us who aren't shy, we should be able to get some nice pics. Surely for the next meeting, I'll have my aforementioned mods in place. As I understand it, the Rims and tires I ordered are due to arrive the 22nd. (tires on back order), The Chips will be in on Tuesday the 7th, the interior wood grain upgrade for the overhead and near the door handles the 23rd and the Silver trim and along with the daytime running lights before the EOM. I've already got the Rotors and Akebono ceramics but ..... won't be fiddling with that this weekend for sure. I"m really looking forward to the Wings and things...... along with some time with some pretty cool folks.
Rims! Chips! - let's hear the details on what you got cookin - you should start yourself a build thread for your car to log all of your mods.

Thanks for bringing the camera - should be lots of good photo ops at the show.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
Well I forgot to get this out yesterday, but got it done this morning - the phone number PM has been sent to everyone confirmed as attending at last count (ChrisSTR you got it too in case you can make it).

I realize Rick and Norri (and maybe others?) might already be on the road - if one of you two reads this please let me know. If I don't hear from you by the end of the day I'll send you a text Rick with the numbers.

Save travels everyone! Don't get too carried away with speed on the highways and be very careful in construction zones in PA - the State police have a crackdown operation on speeding in these areas. The are often disguised as road construction workers, so be wary and keep it safe!
Rick,Chris (Vance850) and I have just checked into the Hampton.

We had a pleasant but uneventful drive up and now it's time for a beer!

We'll see the rest of you guys when you get here.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:53 PM

There is a Beer distributor in the strip mall behind the Exon station. North and other side of the highway. I could walk it if I was real thirsty, from the Hampton that is. Another at the car wash on the other side of I70. Red Dawgs would be my choice for close sit down bar but if you need reinforcements (I would) thought I should mention the distributors. PA doesn't sell in grocery stores yet. We always seem to be behind. I'd come out and see you guys but I been cutting grass & already had a few plus I need a shower. I'll take a ride out in the Ayem & see if there are signs of life.

Last edited by Bodyman; 06-03-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Anyone want to come out tonight Norri, Rick and I are at the Hampton wanting to go out we are still thinking about where to go.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

i would have come down but was running around. I should have looked at this earlier. Sorry guys

Old 06-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

where the F' are the titty bars?????????????????

Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member

sheeeeeeez i have no idea.........anytime i have ever went, i have ended up dancing on tables, and somehow woke up in the bushes of the Flamingo Hotel in Vegas.......Lets just say i wasnt even near Nevada when that night started

back to the topic.......... i really have no idea

Old 06-04-2011, 06:19 AM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Have a great weekend guys!!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by joycesjag
where the F' are the titty bars?????????????????

You should have asked earlier. I thought all you needed was beer! About 10 minutes east on I70, Smithton exit, Smithton truck stop. It's called The Fhilly Corral. There's another downtown Belle Vernon but it's a real dive and you guys might get in trouble.

Anybody up yet or did we have too much fun last night?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member

Glad to hear you made it up guys! Docuzzie is on his way also and he will be staying at the Hampton as well. Rick I sent you and Jason a text with his info, so keep an eye out.

Have fun tonight, wish I was there!! See ya tomorrow in the parking lot of the hotel about 8:30 a.m.

p.s. Filly Corral ain't bad at all....Highway Playground is quite bad!

You could also head into downtown Pittsburgh, the art show is going on and it's a good time.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member

what are you guys doing for lunch today??

Old 06-04-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by phd12volt
what are you guys doing for lunch today??

Me thinks these guys may be combining lunch & breakfast. I'm going to go do a recon run in the TR8. Laurie is washing her Jag.

Quick Reply: Official S-Type Meet -Pittsburgh June 4/5 - Sign up