S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change kit for 6HP26 6speed Transmission on SALE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by norri
Rick, I'm confused!

I don't understand what difference the fluid level before draining would make to how much you need to put back in to obtain the correct level after dropping the pan.
It doesn't... We're just speculating as to the differences in what people have been able to get out of it, v/s what they have put back in.

The assumption being that those who got less out of the trans, yet were able to put just as much back in were low due to one leak or another. Just wondering just HOW sensitive this trans is to fluid level being low.

Oh and Rick, you're SO lucky that car is a Southern car with those crappy torx bolts on the trans pan. ever seen a nut tack welded onto the head of a bolt and then shearing the head off with an impact wrench because it's so rusted. Fun stuff!

I'd still soak everything in PB Blaster for good measure.

Take care,

George

Old 01-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Rick, I'm confused!

I don't understand what difference the fluid level before draining would make to how much you need to put back in to obtain the correct level after dropping the pan.
Originally Posted by androulakis
It doesn't... We're just speculating as to the differences in what people have been able to get out of it, v/s what they have put back in.

The assumption being that those who got less out of the trans, yet were able to put just as much back in were low due to one leak or another. Just wondering just HOW sensitive this trans is to fluid level being low.
George is correct, norri

Also just want to make the DIYers aware that if you order Klauses kit http://www.thectsc.com/index.php?p=p...d=186&parent=8 (which contains 6 liters of Lifeguard6), you might come up short on the proper refill level.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Received 6,330 Likes on 5,516 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis

Oh and Rick, you're SO lucky that car is a Southern car with those crappy torx bolts on the trans pan. ever seen a nut tack welded onto the head of a bolt and then shearing the head off with an impact wrench because it's so rusted. Fun stuff!

I'd still soak everything in PB Blaster for good measure.

Take care,

George
I could understand that, and was almost going to mention drain volumes in my post yesterday.

Did anyone mention how much they drained out?

Sorry for being a pedant.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member

Not being a pendant norri. Here on the forums there seems to abit of discussion on how much is drained for how long its drained and how much is put back in. According to some of the techs 7.5 qts. go back in on a drain and fill. Other DIYers have said 6 liters although there is not a huge difference between US qts and liters, I am just trying to figure this out.

On my 15 hour overnight drain, I put in 7.5 qts. The more people are DIYing the numbers are not adding up.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,379 Likes on 2,860 Posts

ZF Tech Support in Chicago told me last March that these transmissions are factory-filled by weight, not by volume, so you would think that each new car is always just a few drops within factory spec when they roll off the assembly line. But when you consider the sleeve leak, often working with quarts instead of litres here in the U.S., and everyone capturing and attempting to measure their old fluid in different ways, it's no surprise that the figures will be just a bit off with each car. The important thing is to get the new fluid right, and that means cranking the engine and putting the shift lever through it's paces to get that last quart or litre in before you close up the fill plug for good. That's what the guys here who have done it right have always emphasized (including Rick). I'm sure he'll get Joel's car to factory specs again and will fix Joel's transmission issues by doing so....

The following users liked this post:
Pushing_Tin (03-01-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21,736 Likes on 8,731 Posts

On my recent repair job at the dealer, (among other things) they replaced the tranny connector sleeve. They added 6 litahs of tranny oil, Jag p/n C2C8432 @ $46.70 per liter. All under warranty.

Just for the hellofit..One liter = 1.05668821 quarts and 1 qt. = .946356 lt. Close enough for all practical purposes.

Side note..they also offered me a $90 oil change and a $300 rear brake pad job, neither under warranty and which I semi-politely declined.

Last edited by Jayt2; 01-30-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

A note about www.thectsc.com I ordered parts on Thursday Jan. 27th and arrived here today via Fed-Ex Feb. 1st. You can tell right off the bat, that you are dealing with a european. The packaging is so nice, taped, hot glued, checked and rechecked prior to shipping. It is like opening a present!

I have found that phone calls are not replied to, and they take about a day (8 hours) to respond via their contact button. All in all I am impressed.

Last edited by joycesjag; 02-01-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:48 PM

Rick,

You had me confused again, I know it doesn't take much, I couldn't understand why you were buying office products for the Jag.
Anyway the correct link for the ZF parts is http://www.thectsc.com/

Vorsprung dork technik!

Old 02-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rick,

You had me confused again, I know it doesn't take much, I couldn't understand why you were buying office products for the Jag.

Vorsprung dork technik!

whoops"c" norri, I have gone back and corrected all the liks I have posted.

as far as the office products, I will be using lots of paper, paper towels that is!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
A note about www.thectsc.com I ordered parts on Thursday Jan. 27th and arrived here today via Fed-Ex Feb. 1st. You can tell right off the bat, that you are dealing with a european. The packaging is so nice, taped, hot glued, checked and rechecked prior to shipping. It is like opening a present!

I have found that phone calls are not replied to, and they take about a day (8 hours) to respond via their contact button. All in all I am impressed.
....LOlz...I told ya sooo you would pleased by their service, I'm still baffled why he didnt return your calls though , Good Luck!

Old 02-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

I just ordered a plastic pan and filter, pan gasket, 8 L of Lifeguard6 fluid and 21 new pan bolts, improved sleeve. Since we can get the factory approved fluid at a somewhat reasonable price I decided to use it. About $330 total with shipping.

This will allow me to do a fluid change on my 2005 STR and swap the sleeve out at the same time. It's not leaking but for $15 it's too cheap to not replace!! I will let it drain for at least a couple of days and hope to get 7 or more L in the tranny.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I got the right parts and fluids for the best price around.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rick,

Vorsprung dork technik!
Hi Norri how come this thread about where to get the ZF fluid kit hasn't been linked in the FAQ's section? A lot of people have been messaging me about it and I was surprised it wasn't in the FAQ's section under TRansmission.

Thanks.

Last edited by jag79; 03-01-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by jag79
Hi Norri how come this thread about where to get the ZF fluid kit hasn't been linked in the FAQ's section? A lot of people have been messaging me about it and I was surprised it wasn't in the FAQ's section under TRansmission.

Thanks.
Good question, I've added the link to the Tranny FAQs and credited you for finding the source originally.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

I think the reason it wasn't FAQ'd, is because it is a parts kit, offered by a retail source that isn't a forum sponsor, and in all fairness, they 'compete' with a few of our vendors that support this wonderful website. Not taking anything away from the kit itself, the deal that was offered, or even posting it up for discussion and spreading the word...but to keep it in the forum FAQ is in essence slapping the face of the people that are kissing your cheek (ok, so I changed the metaphor about biting the hand that feeds you to suit my twisted thought process)

I even had it stickied for a few months due to the popularity, but it is time to let those stickies go. The information will still be here, but it'll have to be linked and searched, or word of mouth from those who have made the purchase.

I appreciate everyone understanding.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

looks like the deal is gone anyways from the looks of the website.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by achysklic
looks like the deal is gone anyways from the looks of the website.

Top of their homepage...

The LifeGuard6 ATF is on back order, so therefore the kits have been removed for the time being.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,426 Likes on 1,906 Posts

Boy-let's hope the price for the Lifeguard6 fluid does not increase too much!!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member

I spoke to Klaus at THECTSC, he said he will have the deal back up in a few weeks with the ZF fluid and the kit. He has be overwhelmed with soo many orders that he ran out of stock lolz...But anyhow thanks NOrri for atleast trying to get it in the FAQ's section for others to see, and H20boy for atleast keeping it in the stickies for others to see and grab the opportunity to purchase it while supplies lasted. But for those who are in need of ZF fluid keeping checking his website for an update.

Cheers!!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

jag79, I feel you have found your forum 'cause' to promote. Everyone needs one!

And perhaps Klaus, not to be confused with Claus of the santa clan, would like to openly endorse his kits after entering into a forum sponsorship. If he is interested, please ask him to contact Jim through email.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for the update all. I called my local Jag shop today and they quoted me $560 for parts alone. I told them that I could get the kit for a lot less. They are reluctant to do the work if they don't supply the parts due to warranty issues, but I told them I could just sign a waiver and save the $250 if they were still willing to do the labor. They are going to let me know.

Quick Reply: Oil change kit for 6HP26 6speed Transmission on SALE!