S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay boys and girls, who wants STR parts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011 | 03:30 PM

I love the once a month high line sales here. You can get in a lot of trouble quick at those! Last month I almost came home with a 1986 930 turbo aftermarket slant nose for a steal!! If i had another 1K in my pocket I think I could have had it.

BTW if you need private shipping I know quite a few race guys here local that use there open trailers to make some side coin. One left today headed to chi town from Atlanta with a BMW 750 to drop off and pick up a 650 in NJ all for 1k the dealer gets his car in a few days.

Old 05-24-2011 | 05:33 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by qikcat
I love the once a month high line sales here. You can get in a lot of trouble quick at those! Last month I almost came home with a 1986 930 turbo aftermarket slant nose for a steal!! If i had another 1K in my pocket I think I could have had it.

BTW if you need private shipping I know quite a few race guys here local that use there open trailers to make some side coin. One left today headed to chi town from Atlanta with a BMW 750 to drop off and pick up a 650 in NJ all for 1k the dealer gets his car in a few days.
Isn't that the truth! You keep your hand up and all of a sudden you're like ok, I guess I own a Maserati LOL!

As far as the transport. 99% of what I do is short haul stuff. Like this STR out of copart philly to my buddy's place (he has the room to play chop shop), it's about 55-60 miles. But can easily be done in a couple hours. If you know any guys in the Central NJ area that would be interested in doing that kind of stuff on the side, please let me know!

930 slant nose turbo? That would be hard to say no to!

Take care,

George

Old 05-24-2011 | 07:55 PM
Default Parts from wrecked STR

Looks like original carpet mats, i could use those especially the drivers and NAV system. Let me know how much you want.

Old 05-25-2011 | 08:33 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Phlossn
Looks like original carpet mats, i could use those especially the drivers and NAV system. Let me know how much you want.
If the mats are nicer than the ones in my car, they are going in mine

As far as the nav, post up here one more time (to get to 10 posts), and I'll pm you with details.

Take care,

George

Old 05-25-2011 | 08:57 AM
jya

George are you happy to post any (relatively small ) parts over seas?
John.

Old 05-25-2011 | 09:01 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jya
George are you happy to post any (relatively small ) parts over seas?
John.
Sure we can do that. I think as long as we keep it under 20 lbs, international priority mail is $35. What did you need?

Take care,

George

Old 05-25-2011 | 09:39 AM
jya

I would love to upgrade to the auto wipe if thats possible. Would it just be the stalk and some type of module? Or is it far more involved?

Old 05-25-2011 | 09:53 AM
jya

George, I would also like the LHS 'Toe control link'; rear suspension components. It does seperate and would be easier to post that way. Only the longer of the two arms has a perished bush in my case. The one with the bolt going through it. Tell me if you need a photo of this George. Cheers

Old 05-25-2011 | 11:48 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jya
George, I would also like the LHS 'Toe control link'; rear suspension components. It does seperate and would be easier to post that way. Only the longer of the two arms has a perished bush in my case. The one with the bolt going through it. Tell me if you need a photo of this George. Cheers
I think I know what you're talking about, but keep in mind that this is an 8 year old car with 54k miles. Are you sure you want suspension bushings from it shipped halfway around the world? They are going to have some wear and tear... Or is this some uber rare impossible to get part?

Take care,

George

Old 05-25-2011 | 12:50 PM

If it's the piece I think it is, our boots are badly cracked at 20,000 miles. I'm guessing you can't buy the boots separate?

Old 05-26-2011 | 01:41 AM
jya

Originally Posted by jya
George, I might try to source the toe control link locally then depending on price. Everything here in Australia is double to you lucky guys in the US. Even the cost of cars new or used! How would you like to pay US $210,000 for a new XFR! Cost of a new S Type R in 2003 = US$170,000, value now in well kept condition with say 40k miles=US$50,000!

Still keen on the auto wipe though if this car has it!

Old 05-26-2011 | 06:51 AM

I'm about to list my car for sale near you guys and eat the shipping cost! I'd probably make $15000 on the damn thing.

OP whenever you get updates on the exhaust and center caps please pm or email me at much2nelson@aol.com thanks!!

Old 05-26-2011 | 08:13 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zee oh sex
I'm about to list my car for sale near you guys and eat the shipping cost! I'd probably make $15000 on the damn thing.

OP whenever you get updates on the exhaust and center caps please pm or email me at much2nelson@aol.com thanks!!
Will do. Only problem with your export theory is that they drive on the Wrong side of the road over there... Guess you have to pay for that privilege!

I'm having issues finding a transporter that is willing to hook the car for a reasonable fee. What should be a $100 - $150 max tow (55 miles), I'm getting quotes in the 400-500 range cause they are claiming it's difficult because the car doesn't run bla bla bla. What's so difficult about it? Put a couple dollies under the front wheels, hook it and yank it?

More to come...

Take care,

George

Old 05-26-2011 | 08:25 AM

LOL Wasn't sure if they were backwards or not!

Ehh tow companies just wanna make as much as they can. Scam artists as far as profit margains go usually but fuel is certainly killer. shouldnt be too difficult to hook the winch from the flat bed and drag that bitch into place, but you never know I guess...

Good luck, keep us posted!

Old 05-26-2011 | 08:41 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zee oh sex
LOL Wasn't sure if they were backwards or not!

Ehh tow companies just wanna make as much as they can. Scam artists as far as profit margains go usually but fuel is certainly killer. shouldnt be too difficult to hook the winch from the flat bed and drag that bitch into place, but you never know I guess...

Good luck, keep us posted!
I may have a solution, of a friend who works for a repo company that's willing to misappropriate company resources and hook it on their flatbed.

We'll see.

Take care,

George

Old 05-26-2011 | 10:58 AM

Besides the seat belts also need 3 of the plastic push pin retainers that hold down the rear plastic cowel by the windshield wipers.

Old 05-26-2011 | 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by androulakis
I may have a solution, of a friend who works for a repo company that's willing to misappropriate company resources and hook it on their flatbed.

We'll see.

Take care,

George

I've been towing my own with my car trailer. Loading is no problem since they set it right on with the front loader. Used to charge an extra 25 for loading but the last 3 they did for free. If the suspension is folded, I stick another strut, donut spare or whatever on with it sitting on the trailer then roll it off.

With a rollback it doesn't mater how bad they are mauled.

Wish I was closer George, I'd go get it for gas money. I love playing trucker!

Old 05-26-2011 | 12:25 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bodyman
I've been towing my own with my car trailer. Loading is no problem since they set it right on with the front loader. Used to charge an extra 25 for loading but the last 3 they did for free. If the suspension is folded, I stick another strut, donut spare or whatever on with it sitting on the trailer then roll it off.

With a rollback it doesn't mater how bad they are mauled.

Wish I was closer George, I'd go get it for gas money. I love playing trucker!
That's funny that you should reply, I was just sending you a PM...

Take care,

George

Old 05-26-2011 | 03:12 PM

Hey George, any word on the little rubber bolts on the supercharged engine cover?

Old 05-26-2011 | 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by androulakis
Isn't that the truth! You keep your hand up and all of a sudden you're like ok, I guess I own a Maserati LOL!

As far as the transport. 99% of what I do is short haul stuff. Like this STR out of copart philly to my buddy's place (he has the room to play chop shop), it's about 55-60 miles. But can easily be done in a couple hours. If you know any guys in the Central NJ area that would be interested in doing that kind of stuff on the side, please let me know!

930 slant nose turbo? That would be hard to say no to!

Take care,

George
I do know some guys in NC but they are all bigger teams with 53' stacker trailers. I will keep an eye and ear out for anyone small that might be interested.

Quick Reply: Okay boys and girls, who wants STR parts?