Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One of those days.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default One of those days.

Had a great day yesterday, not.

Some guy tried to beat oncoming traffic and jump out infront of me making a left turn. I was just headed straight minding my own buisness.

The drivers side 1/4 panel is all smashed in, looks like it will need a new bumper and 1/4 panel, and paint the door, bumper and 1/4 panel. Looks like wheel got messed up too, maybe some thing in the suspension.

Police officer said it looks like about $1000 I just kept my mouth shut. The parts alone look to be 1800 or more.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Ouch....sorry to hear that bud. Hope the repair process goes smoothly and as quickly as possible.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

That sucks; I've had a car totaled before when an idiot did that to me too.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,181 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Sheesh! How bad could the traffic be in Utah on a Sunday?

Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by plums

Sheesh! How bad could the traffic be in Utah on a Sunday?
It's crazy here. I have been to many other states, I have even driven around in down town san francisco. Utah by far has the worst drivers. In California if you trn on your blinker people will let you in. You only get a second but they will let you in.

Here in Utah people do any thing and everything to not help you. I've seen people speed up and slow down so they can not let you in by riding you're 1/4 panel. I have never seen such raw A holes.

I live out in the sticks. The only way in, or out of where I live is a one lane in each direction highway with a 55 mph speed limit. The last stoplight where it goes from 2 lanes down to one lane is crazy. People in every type of car will do every thing they can to race from this stop light and beat you so they can do 5 mph under the speed limit with a ten car long line behind them.

I mean every type of car. At this light I have had modded turbo diesel pickup trucks, an old lady in a Honda civic, stock pickups, a Harley, a pt cruiser, a jeep wrangler, soccer moms in ford expedition, hell the other day a guy in a fing ford ranger pickup tried to out run me from the stop light. A while back a 16 year old girl in a newer Altima 4 cylinder tried to out run me in my modded 300 zx twin turbo.

All along this road people will show how rude and inconsiderate they are by pulling out right in front of me to the point of going into abs on all 4 tires to keep from hitting them when there is no one behind me for miles, they just can't be bothered to wait 5 seconds untill you pass by and they could just pull out normal. I would say I have to whip out and pass some one or jam on the brembos to keep from hitting some one no less than 3 times a week.

It's pretty much impossible to drive around here with the proper following distance as people will just non stop cut in front of you with no blinker or cut right in with one blink.

The other day I almost bought the farm as some A hole punk kid in a 98-02 honda accord cut across 3 lanes of traffic to cut infront of me to take the exit I was also going off. The fact that I was speeding up a little relative to them and we were only inches from hitting didn't even slow this guy down. Then of course they have to be pissed off at me for minding my own business and driving the proper way.

I've almost developed a spider sense for people driving crazy, I guess it didn't work fast enough to save my butt on this one.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

And I thought our roads were bad! Some of these drivers are carrying idiocy to a whole new level.

Hope it turns out to be panel damage and the wheel only with no suspension issues.

Graham

Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there,

I know the feeling: Mine got dinged a couple weeks back and is in the shop.

I'm replacing front passenger quarter panel, grille, head light assembly, headlight panel, and one headlight washer assembly, then repainting the whole front end and my insurance came in at just over $4000, not counting the rental car....

... so I imagine yours will be rolling in closer to $5500 or $6000.

Feel better - I only had mine for three weeks before some jackass backed into it (vehicle was parked, I was away from the car).

Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by OxfordTheCat
Hey there,

I know the feeling: Mine got dinged a couple weeks back and is in the shop.

I'm replacing front passenger quarter panel, grille, head light assembly, headlight panel, and one headlight washer assembly, then repainting the whole front end and my insurance came in at just over $4000, not counting the rental car....

... so I imagine yours will be rolling in closer to $5500 or $6000.

Feel better - I only had mine for three weeks before some jackass backed into it (vehicle was parked, I was away from the car).
I've also lost a car to a parking lot hit and run; glad I had full coverage insurance!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 PM

I took it to one of the better shops around and they gave me about a 5k quote with a few small things missing. Pretty much the estimate always is low as most body shops try to keep the initail number low so the car isnt totaled, then they work in the things they left out once the work has been started as the insurance co will keep paying even if they go over the normal tottal amount 70-80 percent of book value once they have already started paying on fixing the car. Nice little scam some of these places have going on.

There is another local guy that I know that I'm taking it to. He has done some crazy custom work for friends in the past, and I know does awesome work. He will also work with me, I've been pondering having the whole car painted while they are at it. Or I have also been pondering the "sport" kit mina gallery has but I guess this kit is designed for the base S Type, not the R .

Anyone have ideas for a good looking kit I can slap on while they are working on it? The owner told me it would be no problem for them to spray some simple add on parts while they are working on it with me just paying them the difference on top when done.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:12 PM

When I say "kit" I just mean something simple and elegant like the Mina gallery sport kit, nothing crazy.