S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1647 Code sorted

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default P1647 Code sorted

So my EML has been on for a little while (what seems like weeks) and after a code read with my icarsoft LR2 i find (P1647) that it was down to an o2 sensor bank 2 upstream. So hunted around compared prices and found a replacement (eBay) for about £50. It came next day and fitted it at the weekend..... Hurrah....No EML and at last i can enjoy full chat without dash warning lights during driving!

A few pictures of the event...they're not as great as some (and missed a few pics/steps out) as I prefer to wear nitrile gloves whilst spannering to keep my lovely hands pristine and the phone doesn't always respond when you have various amounts of grime on the gloves whilst time is against you!

First time i have had use of a pit...what a massive difference from jacking up and laying in what i always find to be a very wet and cold experience

Im doing this from below

A much easier proposition once the under-tray is off ....I was then able to get the home made o2 sensor socket on it with ease

Removing the connector was the biggest issue. Couldn't get good access to open it up. So as its fastened onto a bracket with a 10mm nut (you can just see it after i'd removed the bracket to the right of the filter) I simply removed the 10mm nut and it came into view to give me room to separate the two connectors with ease.

Connector separated...new o2 sensor cable was slightly longer so i routed it safely out of the way.

New unit in place and secured. Start her up and clear code.... and no lights on dash...

Next job is to locate and sort one or two leaks...this is an oil leak but not too sure where it is coming from? I'll start a new thread for that though!