Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"panties in a wad"

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default "panties in a wad"

Jon89

Searanch apparently got his panties in a wad for being called out on "invest" vs. "spend" so he took his ball and went home....
Well, Well, Well you can imagine my surprise to learn I wear panties and apparently said panties are in a wad according to that investment genius Jon89. No end to this guys talents.

I posted a copy of an ad for an 03 STR For Sale with the owners original text from the ad on autotrader.ca. The owner described his total cost as investment providing the above referenced genius an opportunity to lecture me and by extension all that popped by for a peek on his superior knowledge of “invest” and “spend”.

Perhaps he is also an expert on panties, a subject dear to my heart, for I have pulled many off and even sniffed a few upon removal. I may have even put a few on my head in my enthusiasm for what lay beneath. Sadly, at least for genius, I have never worn any and if I had it’s doubtful I would have got them in a wad.

So what have we learned. Searanch does not nor never has worn a pair of panties wadded or otherwise. Searanch recognizes the difference between “invest” and “spend” as he has attended many an economic rodeo. Searanch should have learned that “no good deed goes unpunished”. Searanch has a “home” (in fact one in Canada and one in Mexico) and a “ball” (in fact he has two). Jon89 is a self described economist and expert on almost any subject.

Proceed at your own peril my son...

Old 06-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Nobody is proceeding into this thread with any such taunts. This isn't the OK Corral, and not the back alley of some bar.

I closed your thread in the For Sale area when it was no longer on topic and relevant, throwing in some friendly fire from the particpants...i could see it not heading anywhere of benefit.

Don't make it any worse, I am asking nicely.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Everyone is entitled to their opinion . Misconceptions , misunderstandings can happen but by posting this thread it's like pouring a fire into the oil .
I would close this thread but Jon89 might have his say within forum rules .
Cars are good investment materials ? I no longer think so considering you buy a Maybach but it's devaluation per week is more than a few grands . Choice is yours
I added some chrome accessories and fancy stuffs on my 'lade but when I sold it I couldn't have got all the money I paid for it .
Please kelp calm not insult or name calling

Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,849 Posts

Matt,

I'll respond to searanch's tauntings, but I'll do it privately. Enough said....

Old 06-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Just a point of fact here guys. New cars are rarely an investment. The 76 Eldorado convertibles and Ferrari F40s & 288GTOs have been famously tried. But If you know what you're doing, purchase carefully and most importantly are lucky then vintage cars can do pretty well. They can also do poorly. Just like the stock market.

Bob S.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

I believe searanch was simply stating his total investment into his STR, not a brag of what consisted his "investment" portfolio. Otherwise please let's let "it" go.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
I believe searanch was simply stating his total investment into his STR, not a brag of what consisted his "investment" portfolio. Otherwise please let's let "it" go.
What is really funny about all of this is it wasn't even Searanch's car nor his add......This all started with him posting an add for a car he thought some of us would be interested in.....Then he got flack for it.....Anyone who reads his signature would have seen that he has an X wagon and a white STR.....

Searanch....... This reminds me of getting pulled over!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by h20boy
Nobody is proceeding into this thread with any such taunts. This isn't the OK Corral, and not the back alley of some bar.

I closed your thread in the For Sale area when it was no longer on topic and relevant, throwing in some friendly fire from the particpants...i could see it not heading anywhere of benefit.

Hi h20boy,

Concerning your list of taboo subjects you need to add sex to your list.

Some years ago I made the mistake of talking politics with a woman at a party. She mentioned that she was conservative, but to the left of Ann Coulter. I remarked that it left plenty of room along the political spectrum since Ann Coulter was to the right of Attila the Hun. Boy, I got flamed for that one.

Mike

Old 06-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Listen. I like Sea a lot. We are both Canadians and his STR is a beaut. Let's all grow up o take a nap. We'll all feel better in the morning.

And please. It's not an ADD it's an AD.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Aww, a hasty word or two in a post never really hurt anyone..... we're all online friends at heart.... I hope. Let's forget it all and move on!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

A big limitation of text is that you can't convey the same meaning as the spoken word. On top of that, the same word can have different meanings to a range of people. Typically US words often have slightly different slant than, say, UK ones. Chips and crisps f'rinstance. So my rules for the texts I do here are very different than if I were speaking. It's a bit limiting I know, but it's just the way it's gotta be so people don't get riled up. When training to be a counsellor, a lot of time is devoted to "the meaning of words", more than one would expect.
In the North of England, friendly "joshing" happens all the time, you aren't supposed to take it seriously, and you need a thick skin otherwise you won't last long! But try the same in the South of England, and it's very different. You'll rapidly get frozen out of conversations and be thought of as a bit of a turnip, with some amused contempt. I got called a "Yorkshire Pudding" way back in my youth when I first went to live in London. I HAVE changed my ways...
Leedsman.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by Enthusiast

Even if the poster has ADD?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jon89
Matt,

I'll respond to searanch's tauntings, but I'll do it privately. Enough said....
It seems to me that you did the initial taunting and ya just got schooled. Next time taunt me privately...

Capiche

Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by h20boy

It's obvious just who and how the closed thread got hijacked. And of course, who jumped who.

Just trying to keep the conversation lively...

Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Veteran member

sorry.... my bad...I'm a dufus...

Old 06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

LMAO! The entire time SeaRanch was pointing out an ad for someone elses STR for sale? And he was mistakenly criticised for an ad that wasn't his? LOL! Come on, don't you guys think this is really funny? I'm cracking up as I write...I luv u guys.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

JosWorth, your ok, because in the end the thread cracked us up due to an ultimately funny mistake which ended with your apology. It's all cool and I found it innocently very funny, LOL!

Old 06-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
sorry.... my bad...I'm a dufus...
Sorry, the grammar police had to come out on that one.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Veteran member

Sorry, the grammar police had to come out on that one.
Fully understand... See, my panties stay "un-bunched" unless we start taking about upgrading wheels and tires....

Oh, and believe it or not, I happen to like Searanch's wagon a lot as well!

Those are very hard to find here in the US.

Quick Reply: "panties in a wad"