Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts catalogue & Service proceedures

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Parts catalogue & Service proceedures

So somewhere in 2019 I dropped out of using this website because I got stuck trying to fix my STR (supercharger hose!)
Up till then the forum supplied interactive tools, pirated from Jaguar , allowed me to look up part numbers filter by year and Vin#.

Those tools no longer seem to work I guess because I've moved on to Windows 10.

When I look at the various parts houses online they present conflicting info on what does and what does not fit my car. The Vin# when it put it in always gets rejected.

This is making it awfully hard to produce a hard, valid parts list for my project now being handled by a local shop.

HELP!

Old 07-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,415 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Not sure what tools your looking for?
We still have the JTIS and the JEPC and I think that's about it for service help?
We do have a new way to use the JEPC which is called JPART.

The following 2 users liked this post by clubairth1:
kr98664 (07-11-2023), Staatsof (07-12-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Yes those are the ones that no longer work.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,050 Likes on 1,448 Posts

This is my go-to for finding Jaguar part numbers:

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic...-s-type-parts/

Cheap as I am, I often use the Jaguar number to continue searching for Ford/Motorcraft or high quality aftermarket brands. But it sure is nice to have the Jaguar number as a starting reference.

The following 2 users liked this post by kr98664:
S-Type Owner (07-12-2023), Staatsof (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 05:42 AM
Veteran Member

I've been there but where do you enter your vin#?

Old 07-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Not sure what tools your looking for?
We still have the JTIS and the JEPC and I think that's about it for service help?
We do have a new way to use the JEPC which is called JPART.
What is Jpart a pdf?

Old 07-12-2023, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member

I have both working fine?
Do some searches for JPART and JTIS. Things have changed over the years mainly because of the ending of flash player. This took out JEPC for a while until the guy that wrote JPART came along. VERY glad he did too! Thank you sir once more!

So yes it takes a bit of work to get them working now but again these are really the best we have to work with.

The following users liked this post:
Staatsof (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member

I have to say that after reading the threads for this it's about as clear as mud as far as how to install and what to do.

Old 07-12-2023, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

OK so I found this thread for Jpart https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...l-jepc-255587/

It says that I need all the Jpec files present and that it should be the latest version.

Since I can't seem to find a coherently defined procedure for making this change I'll ask here.
  1. Should I uninstall the current (5 years old at least) Jpec application?
  2. Where can I go to download it and is that free or do I have pay to use the website?
  3. Do I then install the updated Jpec application even though it doesn't work? I'd guess yes so that the data files are in the proper directories?
  4. I've seen where to get the Jpart so I assume the next step is to download and install that and then use that app?
Thank you

Old 07-12-2023, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Staatsof
Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any provision for this. The individual listings are broken down by a VIN range, but that's it. Not perfect, but still workable.

Old 07-12-2023, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 582 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by kr98664
Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any provision for this. The individual listings are broken down by a VIN range, but that's it. Not perfect, but still workable.
i like the way it breaks down the vin because you get automatic superceded parts arrows and sometimes even an extra vehicle question to really make it right. I do the same thing with the part numbers and start with ebay. I have bought directly from them before. Even called once for more info on a part and told them what i do most of the time and he said glad to help in any way. Never being cheap Karl. Just due dilligence

Old 07-12-2023, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 582 Likes on 435 Posts

have you tried terrys jag. If you call them they are very helpful and use the same jepc. They are in michigan. You can also look for parts yourself. I find their version a little easier to use. Glad to see you did not scrap the car Bob. Good luck

Old 07-12-2023, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scottjh9
i like the way it breaks down the vin because you get automatic superceded parts...
Thanks for reminding me about the superseded part numbers. If I can't find the latest/greatest version available anywhere, I'll search by the superseded numbers. In many cases, you'll find them on eBay, having sat for years on some dealership's shelf. In nearly all cases, the old version works just fine. Often the changes are very slight. Sometimes the older versions are more robust, and the later ones have changes to reduce the cost of manufacturing.

The following users liked this post:
S-Type Owner (07-13-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member

WWW.jaguarparts.com does allow for Vin # entry. I haven't checked yet to see if it actually blocks incorrect parts though.

i like the way it breaks down the vin because you get automatic superceded parts arrows and sometimes even an extra vehicle question to really make it right. I do the same thing with the part numbers and start with ebay. I have bought directly from them before. Even called once for more info on a part and told them what i do most of the time and he said glad to help in any way. Never being cheap Karl. Just due dilligence
have you tried terrys jag. If you call them they are very helpful and use the same jepc. They are in michigan. You can also look for parts yourself. I find their version a little easier to use. Glad to see you did not scrap the car Bob. Good luck
Will do thanks
That's still not off the table This determination of the proper part numbers, finding a supplier who can get them all and the shipping expense is a big job for a small shop. I'm trying to help but the one website I found WWW.oemvehicleparts.com appears to be a dead website. No wonder the prices are much better and the shipping is fair. He likes some website in the UK but I find it hard to use and I'd imagine that shipping for parts on an individual basis might be enormous. I'm ordering a total of 35 parts!

Thanks for reminding me about the superseded part numbers. If I can't find the latest/greatest version available anywhere, I'll search by the superseded numbers. In many cases, you'll find them on eBay, having sat for years on some dealership's shelf. In nearly all cases, the old version works just fine. Often the changes are very slight. Sometimes the older versions are more robust, and the later ones have changes to reduce the cost of manufacturing.
I've done the same when I'm looking for 1 or 2 parts but that's enormously time consuming and the shop typically isn't going to guarantee his work with a substituted part. He has agreed to the MotorCraft though.
raft subs though.

Old 07-13-2023, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member

OK so I found this thread for Jpart https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...l-jepc-255587/

It says that I need all the Jpec files present and that it should be the latest version.

Since I can't seem to find a coherently defined procedure for making this change I'll ask here.
  1. Should I uninstall the current (5 years old at least) Jpec application?
  2. Where can I go to download it and is that free or do I have pay to use the website?
  3. Do I then install the updated Jpec application even though it doesn't work? I'd guess yes so that the data files are in the proper directories?
  4. I've seen where to get the Jpart so I assume the next step is to download and install that and then use that app?
Thank you
I'm still looking for confirmation and correction to this post. Anyone????

Old 07-13-2023, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

We only have one thread on JPART and it's from the guy who wrote the software.
JPART to Replace JEPC.

I can't add anything to what he has posted and my JPART does seem to work fine too. I just followed his instructions.
I have two JEPC versions. V13 and V18. I did not uninstall anything.
Were you able to download JPART?
Currently using V18 as I have not seen a later version and think this will be the last update too?

Last edited by clubairth1; 07-13-2023 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-13-2023, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

JPART to Replace JEPC.

I can't add anything to what he has posted and my JPART does seem to work fine too. I just followed his instructions.
Currently using V18 as I have not seen a later version and think this will be the last update too?
  1. I haven't tried yet. I think I need to download Jpec V18 and think I should just uninstall V13 unless V18 builds upon that????. It requires that I sign up for the download website is that correct?
  2. Then I'll try downloading and installing JPART right?

In the meantime I've crosscheck one decent website in the USA Jagparts.com by building an order on that website with another order built on the UK https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com website.
So I think I've got all the correct parts now.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-14-2023, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

Yes give it a try and see what happens. I have both 13 and 18 on the same machine but use JPART with the later 18 version. 13 and 18 are completely separate and don't interact in any way. You can keep both if you want.

I don't remember signing up for anything but it has been a while since I set it up too.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member

JPART to Replace JEPC.

OK well every time I look at this it's more confusing. These threads are not at all helpful because it's so hard to read them and figure out what's going on.
I don't want pointers to threads where people struggle like hell to make it work.

At this point I want to download the latest JPEC V18 which I will install.
Ten I want to download the latest JPART and install that and then hope it works.
I'm on WIN 10 64bit.
If it works great.
But if it doesn't I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to figure out why and performing all kinds of machinations to make it work. That sounds like a quick path to screwing my PC up.

So does anyone have the website addresses for these two downloads?

Thanks.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member

Well this ended up about as I expected it would. None of the downloads for Jepc work. One is quite old and one of the files is corrupted so it won't finish downloading.
The other is some newer downloading facility and the files are too old to be downloaded for free So you have to pay $8. But that's not the issue. You have to pay in digital currency ... Sorry but I don't dabble in that and I'm not about to for some tools that might or might not work.

I'm done trying.

Thanks to everyone for trying to get this to work.

If you really want to have this be a useful feature of this forum then you need to provide a simple way to download the original files and provide a simple, clean thread about how to do that and then download and install Jpart. Don't mix it in with all those now ancient postings about everyone trying to stand on their heads to try and get it working with Win 7,8,10 and 11.

Jpart downloaded and installed just fine.

So maybe the website that hosts Jpart could host a clean copy of the Jpec files. if you can still find them

Last edited by Staatsof; 07-15-2023 at 07:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Parts catalogue & Service proceedures