Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts catalogue & Service proceedures

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 05:54 PM
Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Staatsof

So maybe the website that hosts Jpart could host a clean copy of the Jpec files. if you can still find them
Hi,

I just discovered this discussion re jPart....

I deliberately didn't include the jpec files in my installation (or on the web site) as I didn't want to incur the wrath of JLR....
However, as far as I know, jPart does work with any jpec fileset (I see comments above about it working with serveral different versions). You can also have them in different folders (and switch between them).

One request...if anyone has any questions/issues with jPart, if they post in the original thread (where I announced it), I'll try and respond. Because I'm subscribed to that thread, I get notifications

-Steve

Old 07-20-2023, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Now it gets even more confusing.

Honestly, someone needs to straighten this mess out because even as someone who used to operate on this forum 4-5 years ago it's a total mystery.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,366 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Search for JEPC the original downloads all still work I just checked.
It will take some effort but everything is out there and working?

Here is the RAR file after downloading? This is the earlier 2009 version but it will work fine too.

Again with a simple search here is the later JEPC version?
Newer JEPC Download

Then follow the JPART thread so JPART can use JEPC.

Old 07-21-2023, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member

I've already outlined that this DOES NOT work. It immediately goes into repair mode which doesn't work.

Old 07-21-2023, 10:04 PM

I've already outlined that this DOES NOT work. It immediately goes into repair mode which doesn't work.
I just tried the link above. It downloads the file ok, but you are correct that sometimes the page has that 'repair' message. I would ignore that.The resulting .rar file is going to be very small (18kb)

The file you have downloaded is a .rar archive, which contains a .torrent file - so you are going to need a BitTorrent client to download the 2013 EPC.

Old 07-27-2023, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

Just as a warning to others .. those Torrentbit downloading utilities are very dirty. I got a bad one and now I have some sort of a virus that locks my machine up and wants me to call some bogus Windows support number.Fortunately I was able to kill the process running Mozilla and then selectively restore what was open. I'm not sure how I'm going to find whatever it is but my virus software has detected zip so far.

I got the parts list the hard way and I'm not doing any of the service now so it's just not worth trying make these old databases work again.

My advice would be to not even try to download it.

Old 07-29-2023, 04:30 PM

Just as a warning to others .. those Torrentbit downloading utilities are very dirty. I got a bad one and now I have some sort of a virus that locks my machine up and wants me to call some bogus Windows support number.Fortunately I was able to kill the process running Mozilla and then selectively restore what was open. I'm not sure how I'm going to find whatever it is but my virus software has detected zip so far.

I got the parts list the hard way and I'm not doing any of the service now so it's just not worth trying make these old databases work again.

My advice would be to not even try to download it.
You definitely need to be careful when selecting a BitTorrent client. I personally use qBittorrent , downloaded directly from their website: https://www.qbittorrent.org, very easy to use and I've had no security problems with it. However, I would also make certain that the PC you are running it on has good malware protection (I use MalwareBytes Premium, AND Windows Defender), 'just in case'.

Until/unless someone is able to securely store and post copies of the JEPC files online where they can be directly downloaded, that's what we're going to have to do if we want to be able to maintain our older Jags.

Old 07-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,366 Likes on 1,864 Posts

I have not had any problems but here is the latest V18 JEPC in a RAR compressed archive.
It's big at 1.3 GB and this is a free hosting site so these files will only be available for 30 days or so. This is my personal copy that I have been using for at least a couple of years now.
JEPC V18

Note this is just a simple but large file download. You do need to understand how RAR files work but double click on the downloaded file and it should unpack and show all the files that were compressed. It goes without saying that you need to have WinZip or something similar to handle these compressed archive files installed on your computer. If you don't have this it is a free download too.

Then follow Thefixers wonderful instructions on how to install and use JPART.
Again we need to understand none of these stuff such as JEPC, JTIS, SDD,IDS was ever released publicly and us mere mortals are NOT suppose to be using it. So Jaguar makes no effort to simplify or help us end users. We had to struggle thru this as people were able to figure out how to install and use it. Thankfully we do have several Jaguar techs that have given us additional help from time to time.

So don't feel bad because you don't even want to know how many hours I have poured into SDD and all it's associated issues and problems. JTIS and JEPC and JPART are a cake walk compared to that monster!

Last edited by clubairth1; 07-30-2023 at 10:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
thefixer (07-31-2023)
Old 07-31-2023, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
I have not had any problems but here is the latest V18 JEPC in a RAR compressed archive.
It's big at 1.3 GB and this is a free hosting site so these files will only be available for 30 days or so. This is my personal copy that I have been using for at least a couple of years now.
JEPC V18

Note this is just a simple but large file download. You do need to understand how RAR files work but double click on the downloaded file and it should unpack and show all the files that were compressed. It goes without saying that you need to have WinZip or something similar to handle these compressed archive files installed on your computer. If you don't have this it is a free download too.

Then follow Thefixers wonderful instructions on how to install and use JPART....
Thanks! Everyone should grab a copy of this while it is available....even if you don't need it today you WILL need it at some point....

-Steve

Old 08-01-2023, 06:34 AM
Veteran Member

I appreciate you guys trying to help but none of this works for me and just leads to an endless set of websites and screens.
Is there explanation somewhere anywhere as to how to work these utilities.
The download didn't work on my Mozilla browser so I tried Chrome.
Then I have no idea what it's doing.
It's hard to know when this supposedly huge download is finished. It said ready after 5 seconds?????
Then when I click on the rar file it give several options as to where to deposit the "unpacked files".
I wanted it in a new folder. When I selected that it didn't do that.

What a mess.

Old 08-01-2023, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member

On top of all this it tried forcibly to install utilities on my machine and I had to utilize the task manager to stop it.

NO THANKYOU!

Old 08-02-2023, 04:22 AM
Veteran Member

And this morning this dirty software tool is back, insisting on installation again.
Do not follow this path folks.
Now I have another task, eradicating GHsetup from my PC!

BTW, if you search for GHsetup malware there's tons of references out there about. I'll let you which one worked for me.

Last edited by Staatsof; 08-02-2023 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by thefixer
You definitely need to be careful when selecting a BitTorrent client. I personally use qBittorrent , downloaded directly from their website: https://www.qbittorrent.org, very easy to use and I've had no security problems with it. However, I would also make certain that the PC you are running it on has good malware protection (I use MalwareBytes Premium, AND Windows Defender), 'just in case'.

Until/unless someone is able to securely store and post copies of the JEPC files online where they can be directly downloaded, that's what we're going to have to do if we want to be able to maintain our older Jags.
Thanks for the referral to MalwareBYTES. I'm trying the 14 day trial version which found 2 "somethings" and now we'll see the problem stops. But even installing that you had to place close attention or it would install "other things".
If thi keeps me clean for two weeks I pay for an annual subscription.