S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performanc Upgrades - 06 STR

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
No, if I had wanted to feel superior, I would have pointed out the numerous grammatical and syntax errors. Luckily for you, I chose not to.
Yes, you are right; I feel so fortunate that you spared me that.

I searched and found everything that you were looking for in about two minutes.

That piece of information is wonderful. It really is. Its also about as much use as your first post, which was about as much use as a chocolate downpipe.

Prior to your first post, I'd already explained that I had searched, found some threads that discussed some of this, and hadn't discovered all of the information that I was looking for. So I made a post prompting further discussion.
Your response? 'Next time please search'.

What's your number? Next time I need the forum ploice I'll be sure to give you a call.

Oh and welcome to the forum (you may want to look up the definition of humour too ).
Why thank you sir. Would you like to tell me to search for something one more time for the road? Or perhaps you've spotted some punctuation errors here that you'd like to point out?

Last edited by subvertbeats; 03-24-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jagv8
I think he is.
Thanks, yep Im monitoring developments there, though probably for a couple of years at least thats much further than I want to go.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by bfsgross
subvertbeats, I first performed a cat-back exhaust mod. The change in exhaust note was nice, perhaps a slight power increase. The stock cats are a "Major cork in the butt". So on went the hi-flow cats...Bam! Others here will attest to a noticeable difference in throttle reponse and "giddy-up". The Magnaflow x-pipe brought more torque and a distinctive 16 cylinder rap due to each pipe barking out all 8 cylinders. Highly recommend hi-flow cats, x-pipe, 12" Walker flow-through glass packed tube mufflers, leading to Walker Dynomax Super Turbo's. Popping em on will cause you to immediately develop a smile from ear to ear. The Magnaflow mufflers were admittedly fun in the noise dept. but ditched due to noise upon acceleration and loss of low end torque (which was eventually recovered with the Dynomax Super Turbo's).
Thanks bfsgross, I'd like to do a little research into some of the components you mention.
Am I right in thinking that perhaps other than magnaflow these are US brands?
I'll try and find comparable parts this side of the pond.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Subvertbeats

If sound is a big consideration you may not like the tone of our throaty, low/rumbly aftermarket exhaust components here in the states. Our go to brands like Magnaflow, Bassani, Flowmaster, Borla etc.. will make your car sound very American & muscular. The more expensive European cat backs (like Milltek) will retain the high revving sound you may prefer in European luxury sport cars.

$.02

Old 03-24-2011, 10:51 AM

Thanks Chris

Really good point. It is indeed a consideration. Ive had full miltek systems with 100 cel cats on my last couple of imprezas, and the sound was definitely ample.

Im likely going to eventually go the route of a company who can fabricate the system and offer options on that side of things. (e.g. Jaguar Stainless Steel Exhaust Custom Built MIJ Performance Torque Flow System :: UK)

Old 03-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bfsgross
subvertbeats, I first performed a cat-back exhaust mod. The change in exhaust note was nice, perhaps a slight power increase. The stock cats are a "Major cork in the butt". So on went the hi-flow cats...Bam! Others here will attest to a noticeable difference in throttle reponse and "giddy-up". The Magnaflow x-pipe brought more torque and a distinctive 16 cylinder rap due to each pipe barking out all 8 cylinders. Highly recommend hi-flow cats, x-pipe, 12" Walker flow-through glass packed tube mufflers, leading to Walker Dynomax Super Turbo's. Popping em on will cause you to immediately develop a smile from ear to ear. The Magnaflow mufflers were admittedly fun in the noise dept. but ditched due to noise upon acceleration and loss of low end torque (which was eventually recovered with the Dynomax Super Turbo's).
ok, we really need a video of this so we can all hear the sound to make decisions for other's cars.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

subvertbeats, yes I'm perhaps versed in Amercan exhaust components. Yes again, the American brands are likely more affordable and lend a deeper-throaty tone. Drjs22, I'd love to make a vid of my 03 STR and when i recieve it back form the 3 lb pulley and mafioso install; would love to oblige.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM

Thanks all for your input, I really appreciate it.
I'm not going to be rushing into doing anything, I'm still very much enjoying the car in stock form, so can consider this wiesely.
I'll be sure to keep you updated with my adventures