S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

performance upgrades for s-type r?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: performance upgrades for s-type r?

Seems like the XKR guys are saying that the pulley is a bad idea...

Old 09-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read that too...

Honestly I'd like to go twin screw anyways. But first I want to buy that FREAKING FERLITOMOTORS CARBONFIBER INTAKE!!! <- excitement. It just looks sooo bad a**.

Twin Screw, LSD <- does the racecar have this???, and you would be low 12's... easy.

Avos, how hard was the twin screw conversion???? Could you modifiy it to the STR engine bay? Please share.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

Hi MidGaSTR,

The race car doesn't have a TS, they do use a different ECU, special headers, manual and a LSD (probably some other stuff too). Most engine parts, including the SC is actually the same. Haven't seen the picture if the intake, can you show me the one?

Not sure if you can do low 12's with a twin-screw, ceretainly not with an Eaton one.

Actaully we have already converted and STypeR, so fitting wise there is no issue ;-).

We expect about 430 rwhp depending on a ECU tune or not it could be more. Depending on drive train loss one likes to use it could be with 15% 505 BHP or even 551 BHP with 22%. I only look at rwhp.

Andre.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Andre,

Thank you for a very fast reply. I only have a few more questions...

Who makes the headers?
What type of LSD does the car run? <- I would very much like to install in my car.
Does kenne bell make a conversion or is it bolt on?
Can you document the conversion process? (From buying the Kenne Bell to completion.)
What standalone ecu system does the racecar run?

Here is the picture of the carbon fiber intake...
http://www.ferlitomotors.com/gallery.../2007-6-Adria2 <- all the way at the bottom right corner you might have to scroll down... Notice how it goes straight from the sc inlet to the grill. I need the whole unit.

Thank You,
Gabe

Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: harounq21

http://www.ferlitomotors.com/gallery.../2007-6-Adria2 this s-type is so nice!!!!!!!!!!
+1 !!! I'm digging the single wiper blade setup too.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Gabe,

You would need to contact Ferlito directly to get all the details, they might provide you with them, worth a try I would say ;-)

KB doesn’t make a kit for the Jaguars unfortunately, though we work with KB to develop one for our cars, where the development time and everything surrounding the jaguar engine is of course our part, which we love to do by the way ;-).

The number of sales KB would need to develop a similar kit as they have for mustangs etc would almost outweigh the total number of cars for a specific Jaguar model. This is amongst others caused by the shear cost of creating moldings for some of the parts, so very understandable.

There are many ECUs available on the market you can use to run the engine, but there it also stops, as you will not be able to make a new ECU work with all the other electronics of the car. Anyhow, there is no need for that pending the route you will take. You can tune the ECU like you want or use other methods to determine certain settings

Engine breathing (inlet and exhaust) is extremely important not just for the Eaton supercharger, also for a twin-screw setup, though there is just a limit with the Eaton due to the inefficiency of higher pressures than stock compared to the much higher efficiency of a twin-screw compressor. Even at the same pressure levels a twin-screw delivers more power to the wheels.

Hope this helps,
Andre.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Veteran Member

All depends what you want, not sure what you will get there in true hp better to also ask some dyno results from him. Also good to do a pre and after dyno on your car so at least you will know for sure how your car performs already (and if all is ok, important imho before any modifications), and what the possible improvements have been of you decide that road. Not sure if the pulley you talk about has the same damping capabilities as the original one, as there also the outer supercharger part is part of the dampening, so better check that also.

With the twin-screw setup we have (no ecu tune/lower pulley or other specials), you will get a very comfortable 100 BHP more (at least depending on upper pulley), but that is of course something you must like to have in power. A good intake and ECU tune will even up that more.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:38 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread but this **** was getting interesting and I'm planning on spending some cash on performance

Eurotoys are working on a twin screw SC here apparently; no idea about what to expect the price of this will be but looks interesting and the current SC seems to be a dead duck when looking for real performance gains.

I'd need to find out if I could get this over to the UK as well

Oh - here's a nice pic of that intake as well (I need this too):

I'm sure I read somewhere that the intercoolers run with the same cooling system as the engine and that this can be separated for better cooling - is this true?

Last edited by thedustroom; 02-26-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread was getting good. I am going to redo my exhaust with high flow cats, and dump the mufflers and replace them with only 2 magnaflows. I did this on my XJR (minus the cats) in fact I am going to take em off the XJR and put em on the STR..lol. Next I am going to do a smaller pulley and see if I can get a local place to tune the beast, then I am going to try and fit a custom intake like the C6 KnN one and place the filter behind my grill (will take some customizing). I will also focus on possibly putting a fan(as I did on my XJR) on the intercooler to cool the temps down-works really good.
After all that-traction will be an issue so will look into a new rear with ls.

For the guy looking at a CTS-V and the Jag-I was doing the samething but the rear on the CTS-V is crap and breaks all the time-so launches are hindered hence why most guys can't get a good 1/4 in them. The Jag is also superior in build quality then the Caddy. But for aftermarket stuff the CTS-V has more options.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I contacted EuroToysLTD a few weeks back...

Work on the twin screw has stopped due to lack of interest.

I also offered my car as a test mule for the multi-piece pulley kit with the following stips:

We would agree on a price and the estimated HP. We would also dyno before and after the installation. They could take and PR all the pics, etc. Since I'm under warranty, if the mods didn't make the appropriate Hp I would ask for the kit to be removed and would walk away without having to pay.

I was ready to drive to Chicago and do some sight-seeing while they performed the install.

In short, they didn't like the deal and I didn't like the potential of buying $1,500 worth of unproven modifications. Bummer for both of us.

Someone earlier was moaning about the price of mods and/or lack of them. It's simple supply and demand. How many STRs are there in the US? Maybe 3,000 - tops, for all years? How many are still on the road today? How many would even consider modding? Finally, how many would actually buy the prospective mod? These are slim numbers to work with when your looking at the real R&D costs required for producing and marketing a mod that is proven to provide tangible, genuine, results. It's much easier and profitable to get a bunch of bolt-on stuff, predict Hp and try to sell it as best you can.

All the best,
Eric

Old 03-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Its really like 1500 StypeRs total and probably my biggest complaint is not having LSD like one member above me stated, trying to launch is a B*TCH wihtout it jumping up and down before the TCS lets it run

by the way ive driven a fair share of CTS Vs and S type R beats them overall hands down

who wants severe axle hop and a econobox interior? buy the cts then lol

Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Driven the CTS-V as well. Loved the engine but the interior would have soured the experience. One of the few times when I've chosen refinement over brute force.

Now - the 2nd gen V looks to be a whole different kettle of fish. A couple of years from now, I'm betting my checkbook will be voting by which one depreciated faster - the "V" or the XFR.

Should be interesting!

Best,
Eric

Old 03-16-2009, 03:55 AM

Well if EuroToys aren't going to continue the development of the twin-screw SC then I guess we're down to pulley modifications and SC reworking.

I have started the modifications to my STR; currently got two new sports rears that sound beautiful and will be driving back down to the exhaust manufacturers this week or next for them to custom build the cat-back section for me.

I am also going to see what manifold and intake work they can do whilst I'm there.

I also have a set of 30mm lowering springs from Paramount Performance that I'll be getting fitted as soon as I can; then I'll get on to changing the pulleys.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by embassured
I contacted EuroToysLTD a few weeks back...

Work on the twin screw has stopped due to lack of interest.

I also offered my car as a test mule for the multi-piece pulley kit with the following stips:

We would agree on a price and the estimated HP. We would also dyno before and after the installation. They could take and PR all the pics, etc. Since I'm under warranty, if the mods didn't make the appropriate Hp I would ask for the kit to be removed and would walk away without having to pay.

I was ready to drive to Chicago and do some sight-seeing while they performed the install.

In short, they didn't like the deal and I didn't like the potential of buying $1,500 worth of unproven modifications. Bummer for both of us.

Someone earlier was moaning about the price of mods and/or lack of them. It's simple supply and demand. How many STRs are there in the US? Maybe 3,000 - tops, for all years? How many are still on the road today? How many would even consider modding? Finally, how many would actually buy the prospective mod? These are slim numbers to work with when your looking at the real R&D costs required for producing and marketing a mod that is proven to provide tangible, genuine, results. It's much easier and profitable to get a bunch of bolt-on stuff, predict Hp and try to sell it as best you can.

All the best,
Eric
I left a message on their voice mail and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Right now their website says 'xx' horsepower for the kit you were looking at. I'm curious if they gave you any kind of ballpark or if there was a particular condition they didn't like. It's risky for them and there's all sorts of ways they could get screwed so I'm curious what the situation was exactly as I'm interested in the kit as well.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A lil' CPR to this thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Veteran Member

And for those that truly want extra power, PM me, I have already converted 1 STR to a Kenne Bell Twin Screw, and with enough interest (only 3) I can have the parts made for the STR as a DIY kit.

Quick Reply: performance upgrades for s-type r?