S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phone Not Fitted-Radio is Intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Phone Not Fitted-Radio is Intermittent

I have a 2003 Jaguar S-Type with the built in Motorola Timesport cellphone and Navigation. All from the factory. The phone works fine out of its cradle. I am able to make and receive calls etc. But about two weeks ago, I got the message "Phone Not Fitted" even though the phone is installed in its under arm rest cradle like normal. The navigation still works fine, the voice for the phone using the steering wheel button also work as normal. But I keep getting the same, "phone not fitted" error so I cannot make or receive calls with phone in its cradle. But if I call my self on another phone, it shows the call on the Information Center screen like normal but the call cannot be answered.

Has anyone seen this problem and what is its fix. By the way, I bought a same generation timeport phone and that is not the problem. My phone is on the Verizon network.... Also, my radio is now working intermittently. If I restart my car, it will comeback on...

Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Hate to say it, but it sounds like either the head unit or phone module are starting to die. A dealer level scan with Jaguar software may be able to tell you what is failing but their diagnosis will probably run about $100 just by itself.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 AM

Thanks for the fast response. I suspected as much and will make plans to take it to the dealer. I am hoping there is a fix or just a reprogramming needed...

Old 01-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Unhappy Similar Problem with 2008 XJ

Recently had my car in for service as I am having the front air spring replaced (another story all together). As I was driving home I attempted to make a phone call, I pressed the PHONE button and I received a white screen with the message "PHONE NOT FITTED-This System Does Not Have a Phone Fitted". All other electrical systems seem to be working fine including navigation. Dealer told me to re-pair my phone but that is not the solution. Any ideas? Does the system's computer need to be re-booted?

Last edited by dpdesantis; 01-09-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added Pic
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Take car back.

May be worth asking in the appropriate XJ forum...

Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 AM

I had the precise problem...but your post ssays that you DO not have a built in cell phone .... I have a built in cell phone. My navigation works fine, radio etc. Even my phone voice commands. My phone works fine...but I purchased another identical jaguar phone for that vintage...same problem. Finally I took the car to the dealer who tested my module and said it failed the test and is bad. This is is a known problem with the modules but for 2003, Jaguar no longer makes em. I have been searching the web for the module using the part no. and found one. On the way to have it installed. You may have to do the same. have the dealer test the module...but FIRST reboot the phone system. I did that by holding the button on the Screen until it rebooted. But I have a S-Type...dealer will know how but they will want your first born child in return (smile). They should be familar with the problem. It is NOT your phone...its the module!