S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics about my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics about my car!!

As u see, coolant warning lamp was on as well as its level was way below the min.
Moreover there are pretty bad leaks..
Shoud I change everything about cooling system ? such as every hose and Expansion Tank ( ...?

Somehow I will take my car to some reliable car service shops to find out surely this problem.

Oh,, I almost forgot!! see the last pic. is it timing belt?? or just some belt about engine lol? due to it, thats why I keep saying my jag use belt not chain lo..

Attached Thumbnails Pics about my car!!-0.jpg   Pics about my car!!-1.jpg   Pics about my car!!-2.jpg   Pics about my car!!-3.jpg   Pics about my car!!-4.jpg  

Last edited by kblood; 10-24-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I would just do the tank to start. The hoses in the pictures look pretty good, but since they are 6 years old, go over them to be sure. The fluid showing up away from the tank is probably just running down a hose. If it is scaring you, then by all means take it to a shop. BTW, if the belt you were talking about is in picture 4, that is the serpentine belt / accessory belt / or as they used to be called, the fan belt. That has nothing to do with timing. The timing chains are under covers on the front of the engine and are not visible.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:13 AM

OH,I got it!
thx for ur reply!

Old 10-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 6,362 Likes on 5,535 Posts

You can see the chain through the oil filler hole if you want to.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by norri
You can see the chain through the oil filler hole if you want to.
Hey! I already said that in his other post.....

But don't forget to open the filler real quick... water might get in!

Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 AM

anyway, what are your opnions about coolant leaks??
is it looked severe problems? which means that fixing it asap?

Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Hey! I already said that in his other post.....

But don't forget to open the filler real quick... water might get in!
I saw that after I posted here.

I usually erect a tent over my car before I risk lifting the hood.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by kblood
anyway, what are your opnions about coolant leaks??
is it looked severe problems? which means that fixing it asap?
Yes, get it fixed ASAP, I'd look at the expansion tank first, it is a known problem and your description sounds like the tank.

Keep the level topped up until you fix it.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

kblood: Please confirm that you realize that the posts by "a certain user" are just simply the babble of someone who has no clue what they are doing. Daniel has no clue what he is talking about and just regurgitates the same stuff, over and over.

The pictures and simple descriptions that you have provided point to a simple expansion / reservoir tank leak. The low coolant indicator is triggered by a sensor mounted to the base of the tank. Unless you are showing a high temperature warning or high reading on the temperature gage, I wouldn't get overly concerned. Make sure you keep coolant in the tank since it is an integral part of the cooling system. To try to keep it simple, here's why. In older low pressure systems, there was built in room for normal expansion and contraction of the coolant in the normal operating temperature range of the vehicle. The tank was there to catch and recycle coolant in the event of a case of extreme high temperature. The coolant would blow out of the cap and be captured by the overflow. Then when temperature went down, the hose would siphon coolant back into the system. A modern "closed high pressure" system works in a similar fashion. The major difference is that small volume changes due to expansion and contraction of the coolant are handled by the tank. That is basically why the tank is an important component and also why there is a low coolant sensor in the tank. So, simply put, get the tank changed out ASAP and keep it topped up until doing so. If the car doesn't heat up bad it should be fine. Replacing the tank does not involve the cooling system directly so all the bleeding procedures shouldn't be necessary.

Please anyone (except "you know who") interject if I'm off. I, unlike another, have no problem if wrong.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

When my tank was leaking it was apparent that the plastic had cracked on a nipple connected to a hose. It should be relatively obvious by signs of the dried coolant. If is around a hose connection, definitely replace the tank. Mine cracked on the very bottom take a look at yours.

If the tank looks good (no dried coolant anywhere around a hose connection, start tracking down each line to find the problem. Could be radiator also (but I hope not)

Old 10-25-2009, 11:00 PM

Thank u very much!
I think I ovely concerned as u said..