S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Please Help!!

Alright so i bought a 2005 S-type R and its a great car cant complain to much except for this small problem I am having losing my mind over it. I hit the button on the steering wheel with the Head and a Phone on it, well that muted all my music in the car. Now i dont know how to get it to turn the Mute Off, Ive hit that same button millions of times just keeps sayin Mute On....Ive done almost everything i can think of and I would love some help before I pull my hair out!!

Old 10-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yikes! That sounds frustrating. I have the same button on my 2003 and when I press it the sound system mutes, pressing it again unmutes the system. Sorry to be of no help here except to confirm that pressing the button again does turn the mute off.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Do you have anything else that works off and on? Like the cruise control? It might be a bad switch which is very easy or it might be a clock spring. This is located under the steering wheel and requires a steering wheel puller to get at it.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

unplug the fuse for the stereo, and reenter the code, and walllllllla it will work, usually

sounds like the ic chip got locked up, or its a bad clock spring.........did you try using the volume knob on the radio or try changing the volume from the radio and not the steering wheel yet?

Old 10-04-2009, 11:54 AM

ahhh yes im gunna try that out im sure that will work that was my other plan but im afraid id lock the car up and i dont need that haha but thank you for the ideas n i will try it out n let uk

Old 10-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Phone icon on steering wheel

I have an 2003 S-Type and this button is for the hands free cel phone accessory. I do not use it as it is set up for an old style cel phone in my console glove box. The button is supposed to mute the radio.stereo while the phone is in use. I would assume if it is pressed a second time it should turn off the phone option and turn back on the radio. Unless another button hangs up the phone of course.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Thank you guys for all ur suggestions and help but i took it to the dealer and i actually blew the amp so that was what caused it to do that...good thing for the warranty they covered the part just have to pay labor which was expensive but i expected that so thanks again everyone!!!