S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your Jag stories

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Post your Jag stories

Hands down the jag s type is the best looking car on the road, much better then mercedes, bmw, lexus, whatever. (in its league though not comparing with bentleys..)

I want people to write their stories of random people complimenting their cars, or anyone saying something nice about your jag.

I love hearing them.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

In the month I have had mine I have had more compliments and admiring looks with the Jag, than with all the other cars I have owned put together over 20 years.

A neighbour who normally just smiles came over to talk to me for the first time when I arrived home with the car.

A friend's mum e-mailed me out of the blue after she saw it on my parents driveway.

I also find that I am waved out at junctions more often.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Delta66
In the month I have had mine I have had more compliments and admiring looks with the Jag, than with all the other cars I have owned put together over 20 years.

A neighbour who normally just smiles came over to talk to me for the first time when I arrived home with the car.

A friend's mum e-mailed me out of the blue after she saw it on my parents driveway.

good stories, the email seals the deal, specially out the blue.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Delta66

@delta, just curious what did that women say to you in the random email?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My favorite is a women passing me on the road and mouthing the word WOW as she stared at my car!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:38 PM

come on post more stories people

Old 10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

This ones probally my second favourite, went on break for work, and was coming back, its darkout and this cobalt ss pulls up two hot ladies in it. There staring at me and i just look over and smiler, then the see the leaper and they start to talk, and passenger rols her window down, "nice car", and I'm like thankx, and drove off.

Now the favourite. Before the jag, the nicest car at school was the 3 series bmw. I remerber the first day i got it and drove it to school. Me and my freind were going down the main road onto school grounds, and all the students were starring at my car, and when i made eye contact they just smiled, all the girls were staring at the black jag, coming out of the snowy tueday morning. and i remerb english class, Hey, you gotta nice car man, you 'll have to take me out for lunch", lol, this car made me freinds that i'd never thought i'd have.......wink wink))

Old 10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
DBR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple....

One night I had to stop at the bank, was walking back from the ATM and this drunk hooker and an old man were walking up to the ATM, the drunk hooker goes "that is a BEAUTIFUL car".

another,

I just met this girl (beautiful Colombian) and we were driving up to a Chili's, and these sitting on this bench go "Wow, aren't you a lucky guy, a gorgeous woman on your arm, and a beautiful Jaguar".

I love the way the S-Type looks, I agree with the original poster that it is in a class on its own "I do love Bentleys myself". I'm sure if I drove to my native Upstate NY I would get more of the WOW factor since the nicest cars up there are pretty much Huyundis. Here is South Florida, there are a TON of S's, I saw the productions of them online and saw there were only around 250k sold (correct me if I'm wrong) and I swear that probably 150k of them are in the West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, Miami area. While I love the 7 series BMW, I wouldn't trade my S for anything, it oozes class, very sharp, and who doesn't love the leaper at the end of the hood!?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

I have a couple, someone in my family and not blood related (ahem won't mention his name) said " why? and don't you know you have to have a mechcanic in the trunk, who are you going to have do the maintance?, blah blah blah...."
Well after he drove his daughters S, 2 weeks later he showed up in his brand new royal blue VDP.

At our daughters preschool, EVERYONE including the cook, now knows Brookes mom drives a Jaguar! They treat her like the queen of England
I have taught Brooke to wave like a Miss America pagent queen.

Twice, my wife and I have been approached and given phone #s, that they would be willing to pay top buck when we decide to sell the vehicle.

And the best for last... The first day Joyce drove her new Jag to work, she decided to park next to the CEO's Benz. In a meeting later that morning, he asked "who has the nerve to make his Benz turn invisable?" jokingly of course.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

OK, Rick you sucked me in......

Before the baby, Jenn would drop the kids off at daycare / preschool and I would pick them up.. After I got the "beater" all the teachers at the school were making comments... " Oh so you are the one with the Jag". But the best was when I took Arianna to a birthday party for her friend. As soon as we pulled in so did her friend and parents. The other girl ran over to say hi to Anna and then I hear her go.. "yea, that's our Jag".
I then had to explain to her that while it is good to be proud of what you have, it is rude to brag to others about it... As I'm laughing to myself....

Then there's little man Aidan..Who just says that he's getting a Jag when he's a big boy!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member

LOL Jeff....... Smart son you have there. My 4 1/2 year old Brooke sounds exactly the same. She is going to have a blue conver-table Jaguar when shes older. No daddy not a convertible.

Last edited by joycesjag; 10-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Seems like I've had a different Jaguar story everytime I've had a different Jaguar. When I drove up the parking in my S-Type recently my co-workers were very envious, especially the females. Since I'm married, I couldn't take advantage of the situation. One of them remarked that my Jaguar was absolutely gorgeous. Her car was a Lexus IS 250 AWD. I probably could have traded even up if I was so inclined. Since I am considered a Jaguar lifer, I never really considered it.

Mike

Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My funniest one - my wife went to the local airport to pick up an aunt that she hadn't seen since she was a little girl. The woman, from Chicago, has a very low opinion of West Virginians - we're all hillbillies you know. She was absolutely flabbergasted when my wife pulled up to pick her up in our red Jag S-Type VDP.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member

From one redneck to another hillbilly CHEERS sir!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
LOL Jeff....... Smart son you have there. My 4 1/2 year old Brooke sounds exactly the same. She is going to have a blue conver-table Jaguar when shes older. No daddy not a convertible.
LOL.... Aidan wants an "outside car".. That's what he's always called the Dodge... I hope to be able to get him an XK roadster.... He He...
Hmmm... Maybe I better not send him off to High School in a Jag rag top...Hell, I got in enough trouble in my Dodge Coronet.....

Old 10-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I was not expecting this as there are loads of Jaguars here. Since my first post I have had someone who parked next to me in a car park complement the car and a work collegue stand open mouthed as I pulled into the street where a lot of us park during the day. Best of all was a former school friend who lives near my parents, he had seen me pull into the drive and he appeared to admire the car.

I can understand that there is a novelty factor to Jags in the US, which will help generate interest with the car. I was not expecting the fondness people have for Jags over here. Don't get me wrong, I have always liked them to. Maybe I was not too bothered because as a kid there was a Porsche garage nearby and I used to see exotic cars going up and down the road all of the time. Best of all was my walk to school which took me past a bakery where the owner had an Aston Martin Lagonda.

BTW the friends mother who e-mailed me, my parents and her have been neighbours now for 40 years and her son is my oldest friend.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:04 AM

i've found that people here in Canada think that all jaguars cost at least $50,000

nice stories btw.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CarSmartNot
i've found that people here in Canada think that all jaguars cost at least $50,000

nice stories btw.

hahah, this one kid kept telling me my car must have cost more then his house, i went along with lol

Old 10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Thanks

Originally Posted by joycesjag
From one redneck to another hillbilly CHEERS sir!!!

Thanks - I appreciate it. I guess out-of -staters think we all drive old S-10 pickups. The funny thing about it is - my wife actually is a coal miner's daughter. If you ever get a chance to drive up this way in the fall - the mountains are beautiful when the leaves change.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

My father was a coal miners son from Steubenville Ohio. Kinda makes us "kin"
Love your story.

Quick Reply: Post your Jag stories