S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Folding Mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Power Folding Mirrors?

Okay, I really need some advice / help with the XR835553 power folding mirror option. I was finally able to locate a kit with the power folding mirrors for my 03 STR. No one stocks these anymore, so I have been digging for weeks to find a kit.

So here is where I need some guidance / help. Has anyone installed the power fold mirrors on their car? Does anyone have any instructions, directions or lessons learned you would be willing to share?

It shows as an optional accessory in the paperwork that came with my care when it was new, and its the same part number that was listed then. I am hoping this is plug and play... (fingers crossed)

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,559 Likes on 3,964 Posts

Usually if it's in the paperwork then it's already fitted.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by JagV8
Usually if it's in the paperwork then it's already fitted.
Thanks man, but I dont have the option installed currently. It was in the accessories brochure that came with my car, I have been looking for a power fold mirror kit for quite some time but all of the usual suspects (jagbits, jaguar parts cheap, Gaudin Jaguar etc) dont have them in stock and cant get them anymore. Same issue trying to find the rear seat entertainment kit that took me months to source as well...

Anyway, I found a new old stock kit from a now defunct Jaguar dealer and scooped it up immediately. I am in need of this kit as my wife and I have downsized now that the kids are gone to a smaller house with a single car garage and it would be great to fold the mirrors in prior to entering the garage to prevent them from hitting the now very narrow opening.

Any advice on the install process would be helpful... It looks like they were designed to be plug and play with the exception of having to take a drive over to the dealer to have the option turned on in the computer...

Thanks guys!

Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Even though your vehicle does not have the Powerfold Mirror option fitted, the harness is likely to be present from the DDCM (Driver Door Control Module) to the Door Mirrors (WG and YG cables to pins CAB5-5 and CAB5-6):

This electrical schematic will also help to confirm the Driver Door Switch Pack is the same on your non-Powerfold.

The problem is likely to come with DDCM. This is a programmable module and yours will not be programmed for Powerfold.

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Power Folding Mirrors?-ddcm.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
cbharley10 (02-12-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Even though your vehicle does not have the Powerfold Mirror option fitted, the harness is likely to be present from the DDCM (Driver Door Control Module) to the Door Mirrors (WG and YG cables to pins CAB5-5 and CAB5-6):

This electrical schematic will also help to confirm the Driver Door Switch Pack is the same on your non-Powerfold.

The problem is likely to come with DDCM. This is a programmable module and yours will not be programmed for Powerfold.

Graham
BINGO!! That's exactly what I needed to see! Yeah I knew the module would need to be programmed by the dealer but I was hoping I could do the conversion in my garage and then just run it over to my local dealer (great guys by the way and only 4 miles away from the house) to have them "turn the option on".

This is GREAT news!!! Thanks Graham!

Old 02-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,559 Likes on 3,964 Posts

Funny what's in the free files on this site if you look. The whole workshop manual (JTIS), electrical guides, parts (JEPC), tech guides and so on.