S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on optional packages

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Question on optional packages

I just got the Monroney sheet for my car. Very cool. Now I can read the sheet in fond remembrance whenever my wife takes the Jaguar to work. Given that it is a 2005 S-Type 3.0, I have two questions.....

1. What is the "Preferred Premium Package" with a price of $3000?
2. What does the "Cold Weather Package" consist of other than the heated windshield?

Curiously, I'd always thought the car was originally destined for a colder climate and just diverted into Miami. This shows Miami as the original destination.

Eric

Old 07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I'll pull up the option sheets I have for the 05 when I get home and post them. In a nutshell the cold weather pkg gave you heated seats and the premium pkg gave you goodies like homelink, memory seats, and adjustable pedals. I will post up the full contents for you... Funny thing is my car is an 05 with cold weather pkg and I don't have a heated windshield... Very interesting...

Old 07-01-2010, 06:34 PM

The "Cold Weather" package is the only way I can think of that the heated windshield got on the car. There isn't anything else that isn't recognizable as a specific item. Further, the control is integral to the dash and the glass is English.

Thanks for your effort on my behalf.

Eric

Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 AM
ccc
Received 61 Likes on 14 Posts

Just happen to have a 2005 brochure laying around

For 3.0
Premium package:
1) 10 way driver, 8 way front passenger electrically adj. seats with lumbar
2) Power adj pedals
3) Memory driver seat, pedals, exterior door mirrors and steering wheel
4) Electrochromic rearview mirror and exterior door mirror
5) Homelink
6) Rain-sensing wipers

Didn't see a cold weather package but the other options where
Moonroof,
Premium sound,
heated front seats,
Sport package

For the 4.2 optional feature of heated front seats comes with heated windscreen and headlamp power washer in Canada.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,534 Likes on 3,943 Posts

There are some online brochures on www.jag-lovers.org

Old 07-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

So, I've read so many brochures that it all ran together. Here are the pdf's I was talking about. My car is a base 3.0 with heated seats and moonroof. There isn't a cold weather pkg listed for a US spec car. Nor is there a heated windscreen or headlamp washers...I'd bet a Canadian Spec car made it to the US..

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
S-TYPE_FULLSPEC_JNA.pdf (158.8 KB, 473 views)
S-TYPE_OPTIONS_JNA.pdf (50.9 KB, 244 views)
Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some reason I can't view or open anything. My insurance company list my vehicle as VDP package. Is that the same as Premium package, because I have those things?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:30 AM

It is crazy I can't edit my own post! I put my vehicle information in my signature line now, I see that it didn't post before!

Old 07-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,534 Likes on 3,943 Posts

It's not crazy, it's in the FAQs. Needed to reduce spamming.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 AM

Thanks to all....but....the brochures raise as many questions as the answer.

1. The heated windscreen isn't mentioned at all yet the vehicle clearly started out from Castle Bromwich through Brunswick to Miami. It isn't listed as either a standard nor an optional item.

2. JaguarVoice is listed as not available. However, I was able to add it. Maybe they meant that this only was available as after-market.

Eric

Last edited by Toller; 07-02-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Toller
Thanks to all....but....the brochures raise as many questions as the answer.

1. The heated windscreen isn't mentioned at all yet the vehicle clearly stated out from Castle Bromwich through Brunswick to Miami. It isn't listed as either a standard nor an optional item.

2. JaguarVoice is listed as not available. However, I was able to add it. Maybe they meant that this only was available as after-market.

Eric
Yes.. Your car is really interesting, honestly.. I have seen S Types with heated windscreens and headlamp washers here in the states, but they have been cars that came down from Canada. The heated windscreen and headlamp washers were pretty common options on S's up north. Do you have the ability to scan your window sticker and post it... I'm dying to see it..I'm sure it was just a Canadian spec car that ended up in the hands of a US dealer..The interesting thing would be to find out how it got there.. Did the New Car buyer at the dealer know a way to sneak in other options into the production... (I know of a 1/2 ton Suburban that was ordered with a diesel engine when none was available..)? Or did the factory over build for the one market and sold off that overbuild to US dealers..And if that is the case, how many others ended up here. Bottom line is you have a really neat and unique vehicle.

BTW... All of our year S Types could be fitted with Jaguar Voice as a dealer installed option... Just like the Motorola Phone and Bluetooth..

Old 07-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by watcher82
For some reason I can't view or open anything. My insurance company list my vehicle as VDP package. Is that the same as Premium package, because I have those things?
I have never seen an S Type Vanden Plas. I know that trim was available on the X type from around 05 or 06...And of course the XJ for the longest time..

Now, the S Type did have a second level trim package called "High Line" in North America..That consisted of Burl Walnut wood trim in place of the standard...Plus chrome mirror caps, 16 way drivers seat, 12 way passenger seat, Premium Leather seat trim with pipeing. Plus others...

Here is a picture of a 3.0 with High Line trim..It is an 07.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I am curious about the references to a moon roof. Is that just the US term for what we call a sun roof?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Actually the difference is this.
A sunroof is a hole in the roof of a car that is covered with a metal panel.
A moonroof is a hole in the roof of a car that is covered with a glass or transparent cover.

Now both of these can be powered or manual. The moonroof can also be fixed or non-movable.

All STR's are pre-wired for Jaguar Voice. So if you have a STR you should be able to plug in the Jaguar Voice module and have it work.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:40 PM

It appears that the S-types are all pre-wired for JaguarVoice. My dealer simply plugged in the module(s). It took about 30 minutes....and about $800. Of course, with the Nav system and the CD changer already there, it may have been easier to do. As I understand it, most of the labor was pulling the Nav/Changer units to get behind then and then putting them back.

What is interesting is that I have the heated windscreen but not the headlight washers!

I hope the pdf gets posted as I haven't tried it before. If the resolution is bad, I'll try something else.

Attached Files
WindowSticker.pdf (1.50 MB, 294 views)

Last edited by Toller; 07-02-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Toller
It appears that the S-types are all pre-wired for JaguarVoice. My dealer simply plugged in the module(s). It took about 30 minutes....and about $800. Of course, with the Nav system and the CD changer already there, it may have been easier to do. As I understand it, most of the labor was pulling the Nav/Changer units to get behind then and then putting them back.

What is interesting is that I have the heated windscreen but not the headlight washers!

I hope the pdf gets posted as I haven't tried it before. If the resolution is bad, I'll try something else.
The post looks fine.. I was curious how you got the window sticker? Did you order it from somewhere?

Also, I assume your car has a moonroof, correct? I don't see it listed as an option on the sticker... weird..

Old 07-02-2010, 07:06 PM

I just called the dealer that services my car and asked. It took a call or two to find the right person (service mgr). I expected them to go online and just call it from the file. Instead they got an actual copy. I could stick it on the window if I wanted.

Yes we have a moonroof and it's not mentioned either.

I found a 2005 S-Type brochure that displays the options and specs in a little different format that the copy you have. There are a few "S-Type 3.0 Optional Features"....wheel size, Bluetooth, heated seats, moonroof(!). Then there are 2 "packages"....Premium and Sport. The former has power seats, dimming mirror, power adjustable pedals....a few more. I note that the book calls it the "Premium Package" but the sticker says "Preferred Premium Package" but the latter isn't listed.

Then there are a series of items listed as "Special Order Features". These include Adaptive Cruise Control, Navigation, Front Park Control, Heated Windshield, and Xenon lamps.

It's almost as if they printed the book and built the car without referring one to the other. This can happen as a model spec can be upgraded before new books are printed. However, I'm surprised at the degree of difference.

Considering all the stuff that got thrown in for free....wish they'd included Adaptive Cruise Control.

Last edited by Toller; 07-03-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

I also have our S-Type's original window sticker from Castle Bromwich that shows our car was built in May 2005. I found it in the glove compartment tucked inside a pocket within the owners manual cover....

Old 07-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,892 Posts

The 2005 dealer literature I have has several option packages. All packages contain a number of options but the one that stands out when identifying a car is listed.

Premium Package-This is the standard package for the 4.2L and R. Optional only on 6 cylinder cars.

Sport Package-Black on black is only color. Available on 6 and 8 cylinder cars. Not the STR.

Aluminum Package-monotone or dual tone interior. No wood Aluminum surface instead. Available on all cars.

VDP Package-Chrome door mirror caps.

I think the factory literature has some errors in it too? Seen colors and options not mentioned . They don't talk about some stuff like head light washers and if the car has the hood leaper or a flat badge. Of course mine is for North America and they probably only shows what was officially sold.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:45 PM

That dark wood looks nice, but not what I have. From what I've read sounds like I have the Premium Package and my insurance must have listed the VDP wrong. Next time I'm at the dealership I'll have them print everything out in case I decide to sell the car.

As far as not being able to open anything, I read the FAQs and just saw where you had to register. I did that some 6 months ago so IDK. I also remember someone saying you had to post a certain number of times also. *shrug

Quick Reply: Question on optional packages