Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quiescent drain results and further enquiries

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default quiescent drain results and further enquiries

Hello everybody,
After much fuse pulling I found that pulling fuse 13 in the trunk fuse box ended my quiescent battery drain of 2.4 amps. I am now trying to track down the culprit in the DSC/adaptive damping control module systems.

So far I have eliminated both front damper solenoids. I have turned to the rear damper solenoids and am now trying to find out how to disconnect the rear damper solenoid.

Unlike the front solenoids which are obvious, I cannot find the connector [CA140] despite having removed the interior upholstery to get access to the area.

I have posted a couple of pictures of the left hand trunk area to accompany this thread. Unfortunately it looks like somebody has preceded me into this area and I am trying to find out what these various disconnected connectors are and to find out just where the connector CA140 is located. Perhaps they have never been connected but I would like to know if that is the case or not.

So:
1. where is CA140?
2. should connector A be connected together?
3. where is the other end of connector B? And should it be connected?
4. where is the other end of connector C? And should it be connected?

Connectors A, B, and C are shown in the two pictures of the inside trunk area.

Attached Thumbnails quiescent drain results and further enquiries-jaguar-port-trunk-wiring-i.jpg   quiescent drain results and further enquiries-jaguar-port-trunk-wiring-ii.jpg  
Old 11-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

I'd be guessing something else. Another item on that fuse or something pestering the module or a bad module or ...

Old 11-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello JagV8

I have now checked out the lateral accelerometer and the rear vertical accelerometer, both of which are serviced by the grey connector on the adaptive damping control module. The drain persisted.

The front vertical accelerometer, which the schematic says is joined through a 22 wire connector and which is somewhere near the fascia is the one remaining unit I have yet to disconnect and try out. I am a little worried about disconnecting such a connector and wondered if I could remove a pin or two from the grey and blue ADC module connectors.

Is this done or is it a big no no. I could remove pins nine and twelve from the grey plug and pin nine from the blue plug and that would effectively remove the accelerometer from the circuit.