Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio diagram or AM audio input location

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 10:39 AM
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Radio diagram or AM audio input location

Hi
I am trying to covert my radio to Bluetooth by using a module chip. This chip sends analog audio output through two cables: L and R obviously.
So therefore, i need to give in one audio imput (CD or AM), so i can hijack it with the bluetooth chip cables.
Does anyone know what are the radio's AM audio imput traces or soldering spots on the radio motherboad, or it diagram?
Thank you

Old 09-30-2022, 03:08 AM
Received 269 Likes on 205 Posts

See this link. It will give you all the info that you need. But be warned it is not easy and if you do not have the Premium audio option (amp in the boot and 'Alpine' on the speakers) you will also need an analogue to digital converter!

https://www.jagdroid.org/advanced-cd...-modification/

Mellow

Last edited by M-e-l-l-o-w; 09-30-2022 at 03:11 AM.
Old 09-30-2022, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by M-e-l-l-o-w
See this link. It will give you all the info that you need. But be warned it is not easy and if you do not have the Premium audio option (amp in the boot and 'Alpine' on the speakers) you will also need an analogue to digital converter!

https://www.jagdroid.org/advanced-cd...-modification/

Mellow
thank you so much, joe on the facebook group linked me to it too.
thing is i think i need a analogue to digital since my Bluetooth chip had L and R.

And now since the main units are the same for premium and standard, and in order to retrofit the premium i think i only need the amp in the back... i will retrofit that first so i can get analog signal

Old 09-30-2022, 07:37 AM
Received 269 Likes on 205 Posts

If you change from normal to premium you have to change the speakers as well.

In standard the door speakers use two wires that come from the head unit.
In premium the door speakers each use four wires that come from the amp in the boot. (The Alpine door speakers are two speakers in one unit.)
Both wires are fitted to all cars, but the premium speakers use a different plug in the doors, so the standard speakers will not work with the amp.

You will also need the two sub woofer speakers and the parcle shelf.

The audio from the head unit to the amp is digital and goes via the d2b fibre network, not in normal wires.
So you will need a twin tube d2b fibre cable to add to the existing network.

Head units made in 05 model year (Jan 2004) cars onwards will auto detect any new modules on the d2b fibre network, including the amp.
Head units before the 05 model year will not, and any new modules will need to be activated. There is a hidden menu in the nav screen version where you can do this, but in the cars without the nav screen the Jaguar IDS software is needed to add any new modules to the network.

Perhaps an easier way to upgrade the standard audio is to replace the door speakers with ones of better quality.
The speakers fitted as standard to the S-type are UK Ford Mondeo speakers! Changing these can make a masive improvement to the sound.

Last edited by M-e-l-l-o-w; 09-30-2022 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by M-e-l-l-o-w
If you change from normal to premium you have to change the speakers as well.

In standard the door speakers use two wires that come from the head unit.
In premium the door speakers each use four wires that come from the amp in the boot. (The Alpine door speakers are two speakers in one unit.)
Both wires are fitted to all cars, but the premium speakers use a different plug in the doors, so the standard speakers will not work with the amp.

You will also need the two sub woofer speakers and the parcle shelf.

The audio from the head unit to the amp is digital and goes via the d2b fibre network, not in normal wires.
So you will need a twin tube d2b fibre cable to add to the existing network.

Head units made in 05 model year (Jan 2004) cars onwards will auto detect any new modules on the d2b fibre network, including the amp.
Head units before the 05 model year will not, and any new modules will need to be activated. There is a hidden menu in the nav screen version where you can do this, but in the cars without the nav screen the Jaguar IDS software is needed to add any new modules to the network.

Perhaps an easier way to upgrade the standard audio is to replace the door speakers with ones of better quality.
The speakers fitted as standard to the S-type are UK Ford Mondeo speakers! Changing these can make a masive improvement to the sound.
very complex and amazing info! Thank you!
i dont know what spekers i have then, but definitely not premiul cause i miss the amo and the subwoofers. But my speakers sound very good. So i wont chamge them

now i need a way to convert from analogue to digital so i can feed the signal from the bt chip into my radio. I will deff use the arduino as the guy from jagdroid as its an incredible idea

Old 10-25-2022, 08:45 AM

i was able to convert the L and R analog audio to SPDIF coaxial digital, and injected it into the radio following the "part-4" instructions on the jagdroid website (thats where the connections are done for all models of radio)

the cd player has a CD inside so it thinks it plays a cd and its very quitet. BT works great

Old 10-25-2022, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,700 Posts
Old 10-25-2022, 03:03 PM

nice, looks good, i dont have a cassette reader. i had to inject my signal instead of the CD signal so its lossless audio SPDIF through 5.0 BT without interference

Old 10-26-2022, 01:42 PM
Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts

I bought a Clydek bluetooth radio adapter. It’s very easy to ‘install’ and the quality is perfect so long as you program it to the very bottom of the vhf range.

Last edited by Sportston; 10-26-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by elDariusVargas
nice, looks good, i dont have a cassette reader. i had to inject my signal instead of the CD signal so its lossless audio SPDIF through 5.0 BT without interference
oh i just saw the "its was terrible" part right now 🤣

Old 10-29-2022, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sportston
I bought a Clydek bluetooth radio adapter. It’s very easy to ‘install’ and the quality is perfect so long as you program it to the very bottom of the vhf range.

used to have one of those FM transmitters and i lost half of the music because of the low q radio frequencies

Old 10-30-2022, 03:35 PM
Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by elDariusVargas
used to have one of those FM transmitters and i lost half of the music because of the low q radio frequencies
Yes, that is why I have mine tuned to the lower end of the frequency range (lower frequencies travel further and therefore have less signal degradation). Mine is excellent at the beginning of the radio fm range, but rubbish at the other end.