Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018 | 07:47 AM
|
Exclamation Radio Upgrade

Hi all,

No doubt there are tons of threads already but I am hoping to get a more up to date answer.

I have the factory fitted radio in my 2004 S Type automatic diesel and want to up grade this to a Dab radio with satnav (saw a cracker in a well known store) and am looking for recommendations and advice on what to buy and how to fit.

This will be the only audio upgrade the car has had.

I do want it to have sat nav as we both use the mobile sat nav device we have so would be good for me to have it installed. I just don't understand about din connections etc.
I know I will have to buy a DAB aerial but what else will I need.
The radio that I am interested in (at least 1 of them anyway) is the Pioneer-AVIC-Z Z710 DAB. I'm not keen on the store fitting the radio so would be looking to buy all the stuff I need and then go to a really good installer in the Glasgow / Paisley area.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Wullie

Old 08-29-2018 | 12:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WullieJIrvine
Hi all,

No doubt there are tons of threads already but I am hoping to get a more up to date answer.

I have the factory fitted radio in my 2004 S Type automatic diesel and want to up grade this to a Dab radio with satnav (saw a cracker in a well known store) and am looking for recommendations and advice on what to buy and how to fit.

This will be the only audio upgrade the car has had.

I do want it to have sat nav as we both use the mobile sat nav device we have so would be good for me to have it installed. I just don't understand about din connections etc.
I know I will have to buy a DAB aerial but what else will I need.
The radio that I am interested in (at least 1 of them anyway) is the Pioneer-AVIC-Z Z710 DAB. I'm not keen on the store fitting the radio so would be looking to buy all the stuff I need and then go to a really good installer in the Glasgow / Paisley area.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Wullie
it would have been better to bump the old thread rather than start a new one .

you have not stated the level of audio that your car has .as this matters .
does it have premium or base sound from the factory ? with or with-out nav .?
both these things are important as to what next step to take .
it would be easy to retro fit jaguar/premium with nav , and add Dab and aux in to that .

it is not simple to swap in a double din unit to a nav alpine sound car . but yes it is do able.
it is easier to fit a double din unit to a base audio car . there are panels and looms available for this .
if the car is nav then you must convert the heater controls and module to non nav before you can up date the unit .

Old 08-29-2018 | 03:10 AM
Veteran Member

So far he's also posted this
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...pgrade-207309/
but not answered.