S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE: *******

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: *******

Not trying to start any trouble here but this term(***********) was coined by people for a reason. I'm shure that Factoryjaguartech is insulted by this term only because he is rep. of a Jag. service dept. and they may very well do a great job on repairs and give away all of the free service that he claims but all dealers are not the same! Some do in fact try to rip people off. This is just a small example of one of these incidents. When I bought my car there were 2 of the twist retainers missing from the radiator shroud so I asked them if they could replace them. Apon calling me to tell me that my car was ready they informed me that the retainers would be 16.00 each plus 1/2 hour labor! Of course I told them to for get it. Something tells me that FacJagTech has some nick names for other types of business or merchants that have ripped or tried to rip him off so remember we are speaking frrom outside experience and you are speaking from inside.
I am also going to say that after going to a different dealer for service my experience was totaly different. They were honest and did a great job without charging me for looking at this or checking out that! Free diag. on engine and trans. and they discovered that there was in fact problems that the other dealer said they couldn't find even after several visits and diag. charge each time.
Please don't take the term (***********) personally unless someone is referring to the dealer that you work for or unless you have worked for every US dealer.
I'm just talking here!!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

The only problem I have with that word bro is when a**holes like JagXtypeboy use it. I was pissed reading his posts and I feel he is full of ****.
I too buy cars and get them serviced at the dealer. Not Jags, V-dubs. I have been had just the same as anyone, but like you I have had good experiences too.

I guess it just pisses me off when a little pissant like that has nerve enought to brag about how he ran out on his obligations.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:52 PM

I totally understand what you mean when it comes to jagx and also benz2.(I still think they are the same person!
Like I said, No offense.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:14 PM

Of course none taken.

I believe the only thing you have in life that cannot be taken away from you is your integrity.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM

LOL.....again contradicting yourself.

I seem to remember you saying that MB owners never have to pay for anything. How good the service was and never getting charged diag fees.

Wow.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:10 PM

I'm sure he's telling the MB guy's the same thing about the R

Old 01-20-2008, 06:30 PM

Point proved. Xtypeboy and frombenz sameguy!

Old 01-20-2008, 07:07 PM

Now there's a true case of split personalities! I think he truely thinks that he has everyone fooled including HIMSELF.
First he (They) have an STR and then it's a X-type. Embarassed to come back after all those RANTS he comes back but doing the exact same thing!!
CRAZY.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol thats funny

Old 01-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woooooooooooooowwww!!!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 AM

So now I wonder if he owns an STR or an X-Type as he poses as Jagboy? Or maybe neither!! He has his Chicago zip as 90210. Bev. Hills!

Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys do realize that that is how the dealerships make their money, right? Think about it, they make the sale and make 2-3 g’s, but their bread and butter is servicing the cars. They get paid a set amount for warranty work, but if you are out of warranty or if it isn’t covered under warranty, you have to cough up the dough. Then of course there is regular maintenance work ie. oil changes, 30k service, & etc.

Personally I try to avoid taking my cars to the dealer’s, unless I know that it is something that is covered under warranty. I'm always getting coupons (not form Jag) from the dealerships for oil changes and other 'services' andI just toss them in the trash. Even for warranty work, I ask them to please not to wash my car. I don’t take my cars into the dealership for oil changes, or anything that I can myself I just keep records of receipts in case anything pops up later. So, yeah you could that I don't trust

Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 AM

I will tell you FJT that although my headlights are not a problem I do agree about the Diag. fees. Mine are 120.00 and yes if the repair is not covered by select edition then you pay. It also seems like Select edition and the dealers don't agree half the time. You never know who's B.S. ing you. I would be interested to have you call these dealers that we are talking about as a customer and ask them #1 about the Diag. fees that you claim don't exist and also for the guy's that are told that their headlights arent covered to see for yourself if they tell you that they are or are not covered. Again, my headlights work fine but I just don't think that these guy's are making this stuff up! You may work In utopia but we are customers that are being charged and turned away buy our dealers and to suggest that we drop our cars off and demand that they do the work or we will sue I think is very irresponsible.
If you are convinced that all this stuff is covered and there are no diag. fees then let me know and I will be happy to give you my dealers #.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:10 AM

I am not saying there is no diag fees. If I wasnt clear, my apologies.
For any covered item under select edition there would be no fees.
Hid headlamps are a covered item. If the dealer is not covering them, then that is a concern and needs to be dealt with.
Thatis why I suggested calling jaguar and requesting a call from the regional manager. Was it irresponsible to say just drop the car? I dontthink so. If someone was to do that, it let's the dealer know you are not willing to mess around with this anymore. Besides which, I have $20 that says, frombenz, jagman121, fastjaguar and who knows who else is the same guy.
With the diag, let's say you went in becauseyour transmission was leaking. Also you said your car squeeks going over bumps. There should be 3 lines on your ticket.
1. Customer states fluid leaking under vehicle.
2. Customer states squeeking noise while driving over bumps.
3. Customer is responsible for any charges not covered by extended warranty.
If any dealer is charging you before even looking at the car, I would go elsewhere.
Unforunately, I cannot work at every dealership. I wish I could as it may make people more comfortable going there.
Either way, I know for a fact that hid assemblies are covered which is why i suggest escalating the complaint.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:36 AM

No dought that these are the same guy's. I agree! I guess what Im saying is that if you buy a Jaguar then why should you have to be selective about where you take your car for repairs? It's not like the local shop, It's a Jaguar dealer. There should be total consistancy from dealer to dealer to SE with reguards to coverage. It's like Jaguar the company just let's all the dealers set their own giudelines. Also are you saying that if you worked for a dealer and the service manager said that something was not covered and you thought it was that you would repair it anyway and eat the cost? I'm just getting that when you say that you wish that you could work at every dealer.
No offense, Just spirited discussion!
And no, I am not being charged Diag. fees before the car is looked at but I also have no idea until after the car is looked at what the cause is and if it is covered or not so any time that I bring my car in for service I run a 50/50 chance of paying for diag.
One more thing, If the SE coverage is an extension of the origional factory warranty which I read all the time and the orig. warranty is bumper to bumper with no diag. fees then why does customer service tell me that SE is strictly breakdown coverage. Even my after market warranty states in great detail what they will and will not cover. The SE policy is very vague leaving many loopholes for SE and the dealers to get around doing repairs.
This has just been my experience.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:32 PM

If service manager said something was not covered and it was, it would be up to the warranty clerk to make the determination. We can email select edition and get an answer. If it is covered we fix it. There is a very specific guide to what is covered, so although it may be vague to a consumer, it is not to us.
Basically, select will cover all items other than, rubber components, brakes, interior trim items and headlamps (except HID). Rubber components includes, hoses, tires, bushings etc.
You can request a list of all covered items by calling Jaguar and requesting it. Or better still emailing them and requesting the list.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: badmojo

No dought that these are the same guy's. I agree! I guess what Im saying is that if you buy a Jaguar then why should you have to be selective about where you take your car for repairs? It's not like the local shop, It's a Jaguar dealer. There should be total consistancy from dealer to dealer to SE with reguards to coverage. It's like Jaguar the company just let's all the dealers set their own giudelines. Also are you saying that if you worked for a dealer and the service manager said that something was not covered and you thought it was that you would repair it anyway and eat the cost? I'm just getting that when you say that you wish that you could work at every dealer.
This is why fjt says to up the complaint and take it higher into the ranks...every dealer is owned and usually run by a different owner which generally have a different way of running things. As fjt says go above them and let someone else know about it. If every single person feels they are getting abused by the dealer and just takes the abuse or doesn't take their car in to get fixed or takes it elsewhere, how does jag know that the dealer is doing their job? You know what I'm saying? If nobody speaks up nobody will know that there is even a problem.

Quick Reply: RE: *******