S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE: *******

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: *******

Just another thing real quick. You can post your problem before you go to dealer, and I can give you an idea of whether something is covered before you go. Just a thought is all.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that's something I will deffinetly take you up on, Thanks!

Old 02-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well in my case with the parking brakes even though SE refunded me 50 % of the repairs they didn't even contact the dealer during the investigation.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:35 PM

Another policy for future reference. If a part is damaged due to failure of a covered component, whether the incidentally damaged part would normally be covered or not, it will also be covered. So for example, lets say the thermostat stuck and melted the radiator hose (hypothetical), the hose is not normally a covered item. However, the thermostat is, and due to the fact that it stuck causing the vehicle to overheat, the hose would then be replaced and covered by select edition.
So in your case, lets say the caliper was the cause of the failure, a covered component, and it cause the rear brake pads and rotors to wear out prematurely, you could argue that had the caliper not failed, your rear brakes would be in good shape. Select would pay for that replacement. However, brakes are a hard thing to get covered as you have to prove that with your amount of miles, the brakes wouldn't have been low in the first place.
Also, if you have a part replaced, whether you paid for it or select edition paid for it, you have factory warranty on that part and labour for one year or 12000 miles. So regardless of it being a covered item, keep your paperwork ALWAYS so if it fails again within that time, you can get it repaired at no charge.
I understand the dealer I work for is pretty liberal with coverage on Select, but we do go strictly by the book. I guess that is why I sometimes get frustrated when I read people saying they had to pay for something. Not frustrated at the person, just at the dealer they took it to.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys
In my business, If you call for service and I send a Tech. The Tech tell you whats wrong and you dont want him to fix it, you pay for a service call. If it was a part we installed within the past year, there is no charge. If I send a tech to 25 calls and there was no service charge, how would I pay for him to do service calls. If he has to go back for the reason again, there is no extra charge because he didnt fix it the first time.I dont seemuch difference in the dealerships. Your right, my Techsare thebread and butter in my business and without them I would have no business. Good Techs are the front line of any business and you take care of them. They dont need to rip people rip people off. Just do the job right.If I found they ripped someone off, their fired. Its my name thats going on the service call.There are bad dealerships just like there bad busineses in my type of business.
Regards

Old 02-10-2008, 04:57 PM

There are bad techs everywhere, every car line.
I work with many good techs, but I also work with some that are, lets just say, a little on the shadier side.
Unfortunately, you do not know who you are getting when you go there, so all you can do is hope for the best. If you have had someone work on your car that you liked, request them the next time. Even if it was 3 visits ago, the service advisor can look in the history and see who it was so you can have them work on it again. Get their name. Maybe flip them a 20 and shake his hand. He will remember you and your car. At least I know I do.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech

There are bad techs everywhere, every car line.
I work with many good techs, but I also work with some that are, lets just say, a little on the shadier side.
Unfortunately, you do not know who you are getting when you go there, so all you can do is hope for the best. If you have had someone work on your car that you liked, request them the next time. Even if it was 3 visits ago, the service advisor can look in the history and see who it was so you can have them work on it again. Get their name. Maybe flip them a 20 and shake his hand. He will remember you and your car. At least I know I do.

That is a good tip. That is how I treat my waiter/waitress atmy favoriterestaurants that I frequent, you take care of them and they will take care of you. Tipping has it's advantages especially a handsome tip. I love looking at their expressions when they see there tip.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jaguar tech
You are so right, when I go to the dealer I have one tech work on the car. I know his name and the 20 goes a long way.
Regards