S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really bad sounds coming from my engine... (I need a techs opinion!!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts
Default RE: Really bad sounds coming from my engine... (I need a techs opinion!!)

WHAT DID THE (YOUR) STATMENT SAY ON THE REPAIR ORDER? I WOULDNT PAY FOR A PARTIAL DIAG, ESPECIALLY IF NOT DONE, AND TO PULL A CODE OR READ MISFIRE COUNTS FOR COILS IS NOT EVEN 5 MINUTES, AND WHAT MORON SAID THEY CANT DO DIAG WITHOUT A CODE!!!!!! YOU KNOW FOR WHAT I MAKE AT A DEALER, I NEED TO OPEN MY OWN SHOP CAUSE WE GET A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF THE CHARGES TO THE CUSTOMER. I COULD PROBOBLY DOUBLE OR MORE MY PAY AND DO A MUCH BETTER JOB WITH DUMBASS LIKE THAT. ITS NO WONDER THE PAY FOR TECHS HARDLY INCREASES SINCEA DEALER BECOMES A MEAT GRINDER, MANY OF US THAT KNOW HOW TO ACTUALLY FIX CARS MAKES LESS NOW THAN YEARS AGO, AND PEOPLE THAT CANT DIAG THEIR WAYSOUTOF WET PAPER BAGS MAKE MORE CAUSE THE ADVISORS ARE AFRAID TO GIVE THEM ANYTHING HARD. SO MAKE HOURS, WE FIX CARS AND SLOWLY TRAIN THEM HOW TO REPLACE US WHEN GET SICK OF THE INDUSTRY AND LEAVE. ONLY TO BE REPLACED BY KIDS FRESH OUT OF TECH SCHOOL WITH STUDENT LOAN DEBTS. THAT JUST DOUBLE THEIR MINIMUM WAGE PAY AND ARE ONLY TO HAPPY TO WORK FOR THE SAME STARTING PAY THAT HAS BEEN IN PLACE FOR 10 OR MORE YEARS.......YEAH I GUESS YOU CAN TELL IM A LITTLE UNHAPPY.........[:@]

Old 11-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Really bad sounds coming from my engine... (I need a techs opinion!!)

Brutal I know what your saying brother.. Theres not an honest dealership in the south florida area, you either get someone thats very polite and a complete dumbass or you get a guy who know what he's talking about and he's a complete sleazeball douche... To my knowledge theres one honest dealership in Florida, and thats Jaguar Land Rover Fort Pierce.. Lovely people everyone there is incredibly polite... fully stocked kitchen in there waiting area, 50" plasma TVs that they give you the remotes for, hottt receptionists, incredible tech staff, and just all around a great dealership... last time I was there I brought them a switchblade key fob, not programmed and uncut, and they programmed it and cut it for free...! Other than them your better off fixing your car yourself.. I actually brought my car to Warren Henry (THE WORST dealership in S. Florida) after messing up a setting in the diagnostic menu and they told me I fried the NAV unit and I needed a new one and it was going to be $5,700, but since I was friends with the owner they would do it for $3,400... I told them it just needed to be rebooted and the firmware reinstalled, and they told me I was a ignorant businessman that knows nothing about cars... Then I started listing the cars I've built/restored from the ground up: Cudas, Challengers, Chargers, GTOs, etc. and the engines I've built 440s, 400s, 454s, 350s, and a 572.. After fighting with them and paying a $300 diag. fee I took the car to Ft. Pierce (3 hours away) and they reinstalled the firmware for $90... (A little better than $6k!)

I had Ft. Pierce write on the estimate in big bold print "NO PARTS REQUIRED... REINSTALLED FIRMWARE DISC" took it back to Warren Henry, brought it to Warren Zin (the owner), raised hell with the service department, almost got a writer fired, and got every penny of my money back... and the president of the bank that handles the accounts for that chain of dealerships is my neighbor and is like a second mother to me and had a business dinner/board meeting that evening and the dealership owner was a guest and he got put on the spot at that dinner by my neighbor.. then Zin's father started tearing him a new *sshole (the father gave the dealerships to his son) the father told the son (the new owner) "You've got a bunch of crooks working for you! you better straighten that sheet out or I'm gonna do it for you! The only reason you have the service manager you do is because he's your connection for all that sheet you put up your nose!!!"

Needless to say when I heard how this board meeting went I was nearly rolling on the floor laughing.. That story was kinda more than I planned on typing, but whatever I'm at work.. theres nothing better to do..

Old 11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

LOL THANKS I NEEDED A STORY LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW.....
I JUST GET REALLY PISSED CAUSE ITS CRAP LIKE THAT, THAT GIVES ALL OF US A BAD NAME, AND ALL THE WORK AND TIME I SPEND TALKING TO CUSTOMERS AND GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND DOES NOTHING FOR MY PAY CHECK( WELL AT LEAST TIMES LIKE THIS IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE IT) 3 THINGS EVERONE ALWAYS WANTS IN A FAMILY
1)DOCTOR
2)ATTORNEY
3)MECHANIC

Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whitestr- You ever talk to factoryjagtech before? I'm not sure what dealership he works for but the guy is a ton of help on here so I can only imagine how he'd work at the dealer. He's in Florida somewhere but I'm not sure exactly where. I haven't seen him much on here lately but he answered his cell at work the last time I called him!

How come you never took the dealer that charged you to take the intake off??? I'd be raging! [sm=badbadbad.gif]