Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear a/c whistling

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,716 Likes on 1,216 Posts
Default rear a/c whistling

I have figured out the whilistling, (Jon89) the hell with the burger and 6 pack (millerlite) now its gonna cost a 24 of Buschlite and a Filet Mignon!! Just joking the rear control dial for the air flow is in an odd position. Try moving it up or down, I did this in Joycesjag and I had serenity. Easy fix!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,400 Likes on 2,872 Posts

Yep, I got serious about this nagging issue maybe 10 days ago and reset all the rear vent controls multiple times, opening them up as much as possible. Problem solved, and no more complaints from the wife. I told her that if she has any of her friends riding in the back seat, tell them "Don't touch that dial!"....

I should have posted the fix here but forgot all about it with everything else going on. Sorry....

Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Received 161 Likes on 56 Posts

***Back to life***

My rear center vents hardly have ANY flow what so ever. (Yes I messed with the dial. lol) I wish I had a wistle, that would mean that I have air flow.

Any ideas? Is thier a seperate blower somewhare I can check? A seperate fues? A special coded botton pushing sequence to turns it on? j/k But any help would be great.

Thx in advance.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

if you are not getting any air to the back vents it's a blender door not opening. The fix is to replace the blender door motor. I had to replace all of mine and because of a ordering error on my part I actually have a extra brand new motor I believe is the one you need. Let me double check to make sure.

BTW ther are a total of 4 motors that controls all the different vents. Like I said I had to replace all of them. I will try and do a complete write up on how to change them all since 2 of them are a real pain!

Last edited by achysklic; 06-07-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by achysklic
if you are not getting any air to the back vents it's a blender door not opening. The fix is to replace the blender door motor. I had to replace all of mine and because of a ordering error on my part I actually have a extra brand new motor I believe is the one you need. Let me double check to make sure.

BTW ther are a total of 4 motors that controls all the different vents. Like I said I had to replace all of them. I will try and do a complete write up on how to change them all since 2 of them are a real pain!
Oh wow! That suck you had to replace them all. Thx for the info. And yes please do let me know if you still have that motor. (for cheap too please) My Son always says it's "too hot Daddy, make it colder" I'm wondering if I can find that blender door, and rig it open, or remove it all togeather?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

The blender door that is giving you fits is on the drivers side along where the console is at the bottom. There is also a motor above it that control the defrost. I believe the motor that controls the rear vents also control the drivers side floor vent. I am not sure though. I would look where your gas pedal is and then look back toward the center console you should see a black motor buried back in there. Good thing for you the one you need to replace is prob. the easiest beside the recuit. one. Cost will be cheap If I have the right motor which I am sure I do I will let you have for the cost of shipping so maybe 5 dollars. How does that sound. I like to help people out

The following users liked this post:
SchultzLD (06-10-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see a rear control in my 03. Did this start after that year?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 AM

Very good information. I would have been ripping apart everything looking for it. I'll test that motor and I will Definitely get back to you ASAP. If I need that motor, and you have it, I'm sure I can't beat that deal!!! WOW!!! Thank you Sir! The last thing I want is to rig it open if it controls other vents as well.

Blue Lion, I'm not for sure but I don't think we have a true rear control. Just rear vents that you can open or shut just like the ones on the dash. The motor we are talking about is one of the motors that switches the air flow from defrost, to floor, to mid vents.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 AM

Motor has power, but I don't hear anything change when I switch vents. No motor noise, and air flow change to rear vents. I'm not sure if it's jammed or the motor is just done. Any Ideas? The air flow is BARLY noticable with the back of my hand on MAX fan. As if it is closed, but not air tight.