Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Video System Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Glockjag
Its weird your seats dont have covers, my 01' did have covers and still my 07' STR has them also. Clean setup though
I think is has to do with trim level. My car is as base as you could get in '05. The ONLY option is heated seats. It doesn't even have memory seats.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I think is has to do with trim level. My car is as base as you could get in '05. The ONLY option is heated seats. It doesn't even have memory seats.
My car is the same way in 03. I have heated seats, no memory seats, no homelink, no nothing. BUT I have the same seatbacks as everyone else. Interestingly enough, my X Type had the seats you describe.

George

Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by androulakis
My car is the same way in 03. I have heated seats, no memory seats, no homelink, no nothing. BUT I have the same seatbacks as everyone else. Interestingly enough, my X Type had the seats you describe.

George
LOL, maybe mine was built with spare X Type parts..

Actually, in one of the versions of the instruction set for the screens there is instructions on poping loose the seat back and sending the wire down to the base..

Glad I posted pictures of them or else no one would believe me...

Old 10-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
LOL, maybe mine was built with spare X Type parts..

Actually, in one of the versions of the instruction set for the screens there is instructions on poping loose the seat back and sending the wire down to the base..

Glad I posted pictures of them or else no one would believe me...
We all believe you with or without pics

Old 10-29-2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by jag79
..lolz looks like both of us have our Saturday cut out to do this install. I too have the charcoal black colored headrest. Still debating whether to install it under the armrest console or the standard rear
I am going to have it installed in the standard rear. The control panel was a great idea from ANDROULAKIS to have it inside his center console but the thing is I keep my colognes and other stuff in there and afraid it might leak then we have a huge problem . But I opened my package up today and read the instructions and with the little time I have, My friend is going to help me out. I dont plan to use it as much but I got it because it was dirt cheap and Dan was a great guy with excellent communication and well worth to install OEM monitors in a Jaguar. Especially in a 07' STR with limo tints and chrome black Leaper

Old 11-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm having serious problems trying to install this system.

My car has power headrests and it looks like it has the seat backs that supposedly slide over and the flop back. I'm a pretty strong guy and I can shove the seat back over about an inch, but I feel like I am moving nearly the entire seat with it, and it is not flopping back or anything.

I also can figure out how to get the head rest out of the top of the seat.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Got mine in from Dan, Everything looks great, I have Veterans Day off so I am going to do this tomorrow. I have been going back and forth all day looking at the various posts. I hope I have the right idea. I think my only question is how to get the connection from the headrests in the seat to the connection in the console? is there a place to run the wires into it that I am missing. I am hoping that this becomes more clear as I get into it. I am not good at the whole Picture thing but I will try to take pics as I go along as I am doing a pretty standard setup.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ohsigmachi
I'm having serious problems trying to install this system.

My car has power headrests and it looks like it has the seat backs that supposedly slide over and the flop back. I'm a pretty strong guy and I can shove the seat back over about an inch, but I feel like I am moving nearly the entire seat with it, and it is not flopping back or anything.

I also can figure out how to get the head rest out of the top of the seat.
It's a bit tricky till you figure it out. You need to slide just the top to the left about an inch. If you look earlier in the thread you will see my pics including what the clips that you have to release look like.

Take care,

George

Old 11-12-2010, 01:01 PM

OK, got my system, loaded a movie in the MPEG4 format onto a sd card(2GB). Put it in the car and it sees it, but it never plays. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tesla007
OK, got my system, loaded a movie in the MPEG4 format onto a sd card(2GB). Put it in the car and it sees it, but it never plays. Any ideas? Thanks.
I am having the same problem... does anyone have a small video file that has been confirmed to play, that they could make available?

I've tried several file types and format, but seem to have a memory card problem.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cacloss
I am having the same problem... does anyone have a small video file that has been confirmed to play, that they could make available?

I've tried several file types and format, but seem to have a memory card problem.

Thanks for your help!
Doesn't play mp4.

Read the manual as far as the formats it does play.

Second is your card formatted FAT32 with a WINDOWS machine?

I'd start by putting some photos on the card and seeing if the reader recognizes the card.

George

Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 AM

I have added several photos to the card and it does see them perfectly. I did look at the formats for the video and I thought I knew that MP4 was one. Is Mpeg 4 not MP4? what software is everyone using to create their movies, I will buy it. Thanks

Old 11-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got my system in the mail from Dan today. Noticed that the install in the X-Types takes a lot more work due to the seats not having the slide out featrue in the back. Does anyone know a quicker way to get the cable down the seat without having to take the seat completely out of the car as the instructions say? I noticed that one person has seats similar to mine in their S-Type, so if you were able to come up with a solution, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by 04XTYPE
I noticed that one person has seats similar to mine in their S-Type, so if you were able to come up with a solution, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.
Umm, go all the way to the beginning of the thread...

I used coax cable.... LOL

I didn't even pull the lower flap down... Just fished it to the seam between the seat back and cushion, then down under the seat to the console.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Tesla007
I have added several photos to the card and it does see them perfectly. I did look at the formats for the video and I thought I knew that MP4 was one. Is Mpeg 4 not MP4? what software is everyone using to create their movies, I will buy it. Thanks
Sorry, so late. Hope you are watching this...

I just downloaded normal Mpeg video that plays in windows media player. So far any .AVI file I've grabbed off of a torrent site works.. I simply test it in media player then copy it to a SD memory card. It is cool in that it will play my entire Top Gear collection... LOL Ooops, hope I don't get busted for saying that...

Old 11-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

If coax doesn't work, there's stuff for threading cord through curtain hems that should do it.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I try it out and see if i can get it to work.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:05 PM

Just tried the coax method and got the cable to the lower part of the seat, but cannot get it to the openings of the seat. also tried taking the seat part on the bottom apart, but would not come undone to open the seat cover up. Going to have to look in to the second method and get the tool to trace the wire down.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... I just ordered a set in tan for my 05. I really hope the brown piping doesnt look to bad. I am starting to second guess this as I am afraid its going to look bad. I guess I can always sell them on ebay if they dont work. Whatcha guys think?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by 04XTYPE
Just tried the coax method and got the cable to the lower part of the seat, but cannot get it to the openings of the seat. also tried taking the seat part on the bottom apart, but would not come undone to open the seat cover up. Going to have to look in to the second method and get the tool to trace the wire down.
Sorry, a bit late.. I'm a bit confused. Were you able to get the wire out of the seat back and are having trouble getting it into the seat cusion?

Quick Reply: Rear Video System Install