Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

I would go for the M3 style also.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:20 PM
ccc
Received 61 Likes on 14 Posts

May not want a factory one, but I have a radiant red that was undamaged when a motorcycle hit my rear light but they had to replace it. I think a few of the clips came apart when the removed it but the spoiler is in great shape.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The only wing that looks good on the S-Type is the one that comes on the STR. The rest are just hideous.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
The only wing that looks good on the S-Type is the one that comes on the STR. The rest are just hideous.

I kinda like the M3 style that is adhered to Joyces Jag, the great thing is if the next owner finds it "hideous" they can break out the hair dryer and they can remove it, along with the chrome mirror covers, headlight/taillight bezels, blinker bezels and the SS window pillar covers. **POOF** back to stock with NO holes having to be filled and painted! Plus they can post my $500.00 worth of aftermarket "hideous" BS on here and put afew bucks into their "repair fund"!!!!

Old 02-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
I kinda like the M3 style that is adhered to Joyces Jag, the great thing is if the next owner finds it "hideous" they can break out the hair dryer and they can remove it, along with the chrome mirror covers, headlight/taillight bezels, blinker bezels and the SS window pillar covers. **POOF** back to stock with NO holes having to be filled and painted! Plus they can post my $500.00 worth of aftermarket "hideous" BS on here and put afew bucks into their "repair fund"!!!!
That is also part of the appeal for it for me. If I don't like it or decide against it, it's removable with no marks or holes on the trunk lid.

Rick it's going to look a bit different on my car than yours cause I have the 2003 model, that was pre rear facelift, see my original post for pics...

Take care,

George

Old 02-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Dang it Rick! You're costing me money again! I'm going to have to put a wing on my S-type now that I've seen yours. But I do like the R wing more that the smaller one you have. Decisions, decisions...

Hold on.....what's this? Is that a fingerprint I see on your chrome above the licence plate??? Tsk, tsk, tsk...... How did you miss that!?
Name:  joyces-jag.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  50.7 KB

Old 02-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Spitfire
Dang it Rick! You're costing me money again! I'm going to have to put a wing on my S-type now that I've seen yours. But I do like the R wing more that the smaller one you have. Decisions, decisions...
Rob I can't see you piercing your babies boot(ie), what if you don't like it?! Have ccc take a pic of his and see what he wants for it, but yer' gonna have to drill some holes!

Hold on.....what's this? Is that a fingerprint I see on your chrome above the licence plate??? Tsk, tsk, tsk...... How did you miss that!?
WOW.....damn it, fortunately I have a buddy that is a FED and I lifted that print and he is going to do an FBI search for the perpetrator... I will prosecute to the maxmium penalty!!!

Made us laugh though...GOOD ONE!!!!!! Just remember paybacks are a B-ouch!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

BTW spitfire, I would go with the cheesy chrome up front and on the mirrors before the wing! Or all at the sametime.....

sorry for the crappy pic, but my 4 year old (at the time) took it!

Last edited by joycesjag; 02-20-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:55 PM

Oh geez.... Maybe we won't stop in on the way to Florida. My wife might bring a baseball bat, seeing how much you're making me spend on my Jag.... I saw on ebay a while ago that they even have a chrome trim piece for the amber turn lights on the side of our S types too!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member

You mean like this cheesy piece of chrome????.... yep it too is on Joyces Jag! I sure hope my buddy at the FBI gets working quick, I see another finger print damn perp!

Don't go through ebag.... CALL Chris at Mina Gallery, yep thats their badge above the cheesy chrome blinker bezel. If you call (Chris at) Mina rather than order online you get a way better deal-E-O. Chris also sent a pair of smoked lens (for free) to replace the amber side blinkers, I have never installed them, I like the amber. Also if Mina doesn't ship out of the USA (I believe they do), send them here and I will forward to you or pick them up personally on your way to or fro'.

Last edited by joycesjag; 02-20-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Oh BTW
Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ChrisSTR
Jaguar Supra??

Jaguar SHOPPING CART??? Wheres the seat belt for the kiddies?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

And to dilute Georges thread 1 more time....... If you go with the fakie stick on rear wing, all the cheesy chrome you might as well top of the bling with a set of Stainless Steel pillar covers.........yeah baby, you guessed it on Joyces Jag as well!!!!

** this crappy pic, taken by the owner, the (now) 6 year old would have done a better job!

Attached Thumbnails Rear wing opinions-dscn5683.jpg  
Old 02-20-2011, 10:38 PM

Rick - you slay me! I didn't know you were quite the bling bling guy!

Getting back to the thread, how many holes do you have to drill in order to install the R wing? That makes me a bit nervous....

Rob

Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Veteran Member

Rick - you slay me! I didn't know you were quite the bling bling guy!

Getting back to the thread, how many holes do you have to drill in order to install the R wing? That makes me a bit nervous....

Rob
None for the wing on Rick's car.

The Knockoff of the S-Type R OEM wing is $160 on ebay painted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...Q5fAccessories

Some of the knockoffs are advertised as going on with 3m double sided tape so I'm sure you could get a factory one to go on with that.

Oh, and Rick you're about to get a PM.

Take care,

George

Old 02-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member

Here ya' go George. They are actually alittle darker, I will retake in different light if you wish. I did look at minagallery.com and they are not showing them. Yes the orange bulbs were included.

Attached Thumbnails Rear wing opinions-smoked-blinkers.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Not to hijack but we are talking apearance items here. The 03 I just got has a mesh type grille. Buddy of mine seems to think it's wrong and should be vertical bars. I'm just curious cause at the price, I have no intentions of replacing it.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bodyman
Not to hijack but we are talking apearance items here. The 03 I just got has a mesh type grille. Buddy of mine seems to think it's wrong and should be vertical bars. I'm just curious cause at the price, I have no intentions of replacing it.
Mesh grille was introduced on the later models, but for some is considered an upgrade. Your car originally came with a vertical bar grille.

This is how yours and mine came stock:

And what mine looks like now with the mesh grille among other things:

I have a vertical bar grille if you really want one / prefer it.

Let me know.

George

Attached Thumbnails Rear wing opinions-img_0458.jpg   Rear wing opinions-img_0176.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

No, I was just curious. Thanks for the offer though.

I still think this car must have belonged to an older lady. Maybe the dealer swaped the grille before delivery. Who knows??? Found a CD in it today...Bette Midler sings Rosemary Clooney's greatest hits. Least I doubt it was a drug dealers car. LOL!

BTW, don't give that one away. I had priced one before I found out mine was salvagable. Auto wrecker wanted 200 bucks for a used one.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Here ya' go George. They are actually alittle darker, I will retake in different light if you wish. I did look at minagallery.com and they are not showing them. Yes the orange bulbs were included.

I ordered a set of those clear markers for my wifes Jagwah last week and today she had me order..a set of headlight trim rings and a knock off rear R wing. That along with tinted windows this week. I'LL post pics of the poor little humiliated Jagwah when the wifey gets done shopping

Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member

Don't show the wifey this thread then....

Quick Reply: Rear wing opinions