S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recalls

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009 | 02:16 PM
|
Default Recalls

Please guys, don't bite my head off if this has been posted before or if there is a search you think I should do. Believe me, I have. My search might not be as good as yours. So on that note, I apologize if this has been covered somewhere on this board on anywhere on the internet.

I just want to know if it is possible to find out if my car has obtained all the fixes from recalls. Is this possible without going to the dealer?

If you have read this far then I would like to ask one more thing whilst I am at it. Does the radio have a code if the battery is disconnected? I realize I need to contact the dealer on that one.

Thank you.

Mark

Old 08-12-2009 | 02:46 PM
Veteran Member

Lots of web sites let you put in your car details and list TSBs, recalls etc. They give a summary but you can pay if you want fuller details. The US government (NHTSA?) maintain some/lots of data.

But Jaguar should tell you and it will be free, almost certainly.

Yes the radio (well, audio) has a code. The dealer should ask for lots of ID before telling you it. (I'm not entirely sure why, as the audio system doesn't look that easy to remove and doesn't appear to fit many other cars....)

Old 08-12-2009 | 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by gbdiver
Please guys, don't bite my head off if this has been posted before or if there is a search you think I should do. Believe me, I have. My search might not be as good as yours. So on that note, I apologize if this has been covered somewhere on this board on anywhere on the internet.

I just want to know if it is possible to find out if my car has obtained all the fixes from recalls. Is this possible without going to the dealer?

If you have read this far then I would like to ask one more thing whilst I am at it. Does the radio have a code if the battery is disconnected? I realize I need to contact the dealer on that one.

Thank you.

Mark
I would simply just call a Jag dealer and give them your VIN. if you cant get an answer from the first one you call, google a few more and im sure you will be able to find some service advisor at some Jag dealer who will get you your answer.

I have a radio code card in my owners manual pocket, owners are "supposed" to put these cards in a separate spot, but I keep mine in there. I suppose you have already looked for the card?