S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing ac/ radio etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing ac/ radio etc.

HI AGAIN question is If i remove / unplug my ac climate control to get at the storage bin tray i need to replace ,the jaguar dealer is saying THAT some kind of ECU would need to be REPROGRAMMED is this true? also my climate control has a few lights out is there an issue with this that is fixable,i pulled these the other day just a few inches out to see whats involved, and when i started /tested all- a short time later i had one more light out on the ac control > just from removing a few inches !! although all are working as normal.

Last edited by sam2007; 03-28-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Doesn't sound right, Sam.

First though...what are we dealing with? I'm assuming S-type because that's the forum you're in...but big differences between 02/03 and whether or not you have the premium sound, in this particular case may be of interest. Furthermore, whether you have a V6, V8 and/or supercharger will be key in other posts...so a good idea to put the basics of your car in a signature line (MY, Eng, trim level, etc)

Dlr may be talking about radio codes. Not an issue for N. American mkt cars...though it seems the radio is settable so some NA cars have the module set for somewhere else and require a code after loss of elec. pwr. If you do replace a module, any type of module, chances are you will have to go to the dealer and get it hooked up to WDS/IDS so the new module and car can be "properly introduced" otherwise, no-worky.

For what it's worth, I've had the radio and climate control head out of my 03, and had the batt. disconnected several times with no issue...think you do have to reset the clock and pre-set stations.

I'll do a battery-change on the 05 within the next few days, new one is out in the shop on a battery-minder awaiting me to change it. Nothing wrong with the old save it has six yrs on it. Don't expect radio problems when I do that one.

Sorry, haven't faced any center-stack light bulb failures yet, so can't help you there...maybe search the "INTERIOR" forum because some guys convert to LED's and maybe back into the info that way....

The following users liked this post:
sam2007 (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by sam2007
HI AGAIN question is If i remove / unplug my ac climate control to get at the storage bin tray i need to replace ,the jaguar dealer is saying THAT some kind of ECU would need to be REPROGRAMMED is this true? also my climate control has a few lights out is there an issue with this that is fixable,i pulled these the other day just a few inches out to see whats involved, and when i started /tested all- a short time later i had one more light out on the ac control > just from removing a few inches !! although all are working as normal.
Nothing needs to be reprogrammed in the center stack.

You can pull the Climate control panel, radio, heated seat switches etc out as you wish. Just make SURE you plug everything back in and that it clips in properly. Ive had the plug back out before because it wasnt snapped in all the way.

What storage tray are you trying to replace? the one under the heated seat / hazzard controls? Or do you have an older 00-02 S-Type with the ford based electronics?

Take care,

George

The following users liked this post:
sam2007 (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Nothing needs to be reprogrammed in the center stack.

You can pull the Climate control panel, radio, heated seat switches etc out as you wish. Just make SURE you plug everything back in and that it clips in properly. Ive had the plug back out before because it wasnt snapped in all the way.

What storage tray are you trying to replace? the one under the heated seat / hazzard controls? Or do you have an older 00-02 S-Type with the ford based electronics?

Take care,

George
yes i have a 2000 s type without gps the tray in the space quit shutting on me more annoying than anything, in most cases ? would this be in need replacment or is the slider fixable? - i also need to find out about how to remove the speedo - the milage dig. readout trip computer etc. quit working on me also. i figure i would need to remove the wood face from the dash and then from there not a problem,how to remove the wood and what about the air vents if anyone know about this let me know please ,thanks again

Last edited by sam2007; 03-29-2011 at 11:31 AM.