Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem

ORIGINAL: mohrd

Can you take a picture from the side as well?

Maybe then put the Leaper back on and snap a couple shots from the front and side so we can see which way we like it better???
Yassir I'll get right on that. Right after I clean up my monitor from the drink I sprayed on it and stuff one of my lungs back in my chest.

Now that is some funny ****...

Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts
Default RE: Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem

Could not resist...hey, what year is that X-Type wagon you have? Platinum over charcoal interior? Really? Love to see a picture of that Cat. Not joking!

Old 05-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have a pic of it?

Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I would also like to see the pics, they aren't showing up. Here is what i came up with in my search

http://www.britishparts.co.uk/.sc/ms...-Badges-Decals

The red one is the supercharged badge, are these the actual badges or just decals? Seems pretty cheap.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Do you have a pic of it?
This work for ya?

Attached Thumbnails  Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem-str-emblem-mounted.jpg  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Cool

If ya read the whole post buried in there is the actual part number and description including the price. You can order it from any Jag dealer.

This pic better?

Attached Thumbnails  Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem-str-emblem-front.jpg  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:56 PM

Ya that looks freaking awesome. I hope that red one from britishparts.co.uk will work out. I think the red will look better on black.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's strange....

I have a decal on my front grill on the 08XJ and finding ways to put a leaper without paying $500 to the dealer. I found the leaper but too chicken to install & drill holes on the hood
________
iolite portable vaporizer

Attached Thumbnails  Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem-img_0903-%5B%5D.jpg  

Last edited by sanand911; 02-08-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member

I am doing this. Thanks for the info, I've called and ordered it. $140 and I'll install it. This rather than $250...

Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 AM

I would also be weary of drilling holes on the my hood, but $500 to the dealer is a little outrageous. I think the leaper looks good on the XJ's, just not the S Type. I ordered that red supercharged badge, will post some pics as soon as I get it on. Hopefully it is as easy as sea ranch's was.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member

Damn, his car is clean!

Old 05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I wanna do that, but I don't have a supercharged car, and the four year old will kick my *** if I take the "kitty" off my car. Every time we go somewhere in it he runs out to the front of the car to "pet the kitty"!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I wanna do that, but I don't have a supercharged car, and the four year old will kick my *** if I take the "kitty" off my car. Every time we go somewhere in it he runs out to the front of the car to "pet the kitty"!
Awwww.... Oh, make sure it's park. But you probably knew that.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by mohrd
Awwww.... Oh, make sure it's park. But you probably knew that.
Since ya think that's cute. I'll share two more. When I had a X type loaner, he asked me "why do you have a baby kitty? Are ya gonna keep it?". Another time I was looking at XJS's on ebay and he has since said that he is going to get a "outside kitty" when he grows up. He has even found my old XJS brochures and keeps sneaking them to his room.

Maybe I should post "stories of Aidan".

Actually, it's really cool how my kids (actually step-kids 4 and 6) take real care of my car. I even let them eat and drink in it. If they get anything, like crumbs, in the car they clean it up when they get out. They now pick on their mom about taking care of the van!

Last edited by JOsworth; 05-22-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

Always liked the leaper. All the Jags I saw as a kid had them, and it's just an automatic component of the marque to me. But I do wonder how much damage some slack-assed punk can do to my hood if he tries to steal the leaper off of it. If it happens, sure hope I'm around to, shall we say, "intervene"....

Old 05-22-2009, 08:20 AM

Thats funny, kids absolutely love that leaper..which brings me to my next point. I ordered that red supercharged badge but am having some serious reservations about taking the leaper off and replacing it with a badge. What is everyones thoughts??? I need some solid persuation either way.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

In my opinion I thought I would prefer the badge.... But the more I look, the leaper was a unique feature for North America after ???? I posted a link in another post of the entire Jaguar range in the UK for 2000... Guess what? No leaper, not even on the XJ. Yet all the sedans in North America had it.... So, I say, keep it like a flag... But then again you have a supercharged car so maybe that would make the diff.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Cool

...you got some splaining to do Lucy

First and foremost "form follows function". In Britain the leaper was outlawed as it was deemed a hazard to pedestrians. If you have had a leaper ripped off your car the hood gets inevitably damaged in addition to the ridiculous price of the leaper itself.

I would rather have no hood ornamentation but the leaper leaves a rather large hole in the hood where it mounts. So I searched for an appropriate plate emblem to replace the leaper and came up with the "Jaguar Supercharged".

No doubt in my mind it looks better, serves a better function and won't get ripped off. When I picked up my STR in Dallas last September/08 and drove 2250mi home the one thing that annoyed the **** out of me was that damn leaper and having to look at its *** all the way home. I swore I would get rid of it and I did.

I don't like auto bling and that leaper, in my opinion, is nothing more than bling. I sold the leaper for more than the emblem which replaced it. Perfect...

Old 05-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by searanch
...you got some splaining to do Lucy

First and foremost "form follows function". In Britain the leaper was outlawed as it was deemed a hazard to pedestrians. If you have had a leaper ripped off your car the hood gets inevitably damaged in addition to the ridiculous price of the leaper itself.

I would rather have no hood ornamentation but the leaper leaves a rather large hole in the hood where it mounts. So I searched for an appropriate plate emblem to replace the leaper and came up with the "Jaguar Supercharged".

No doubt in my mind it looks better, serves a better function and won't get ripped off. When I picked up my STR in Dallas last September/08 and drove 2250mi home the one thing that annoyed the **** out of me was that damn leaper and having to look at its *** all the way home. I swore I would get rid of it and I did.

I don't like auto bling and that leaper, in my opinion, is nothing more than bling. I sold the leaper for more than the emblem which replaced it. Perfect...
Ahh, so the cars that didn't get a new hood stamping got an emblem to fill the hole. That's why newer s types (05 an up) in Europe don't have a hood badge standard. Check out this picture from 2000 of UK Jags. Notice that the only one with a hood badge is the S...

http://www.jag-lovers.org/brochures/x-type/pic3.jpg

BTW I think they look good either way.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:40 PM

It seems to me all of the models in that picture have badges and no leapers, maybe I am losing it, but thats what i am seeing. I have been going back and forth all day on whether I am going to replace it. I like the idea and I do like the supercharged badges, but the badges are colored and the jag is just straight chrome. Not sure which one of these colors will look better on the black, and all of the R badges are like an orange and pea green, definately wouldnt match either of these. I am going to have to see what it looks like when I get it and make an impulse descision!

Quick Reply: Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem