S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull27
It seems to me all of the models in that picture have badges and no leapers, maybe I am losing it, but thats what i am seeing. I have been going back and forth all day on whether I am going to replace it. I like the idea and I do like the supercharged badges, but the badges are colored and the jag is just straight chrome. Not sure which one of these colors will look better on the black, and all of the R badges are like an orange and pea green, definately wouldnt match either of these. I am going to have to see what it looks like when I get it and make an impulse descision!

How does it mount? Does it have pins that fit where the leaper mounts or is it just a stick on?
Thanks. Greg.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Thats funny, kids absolutely love that leaper..which brings me to my next point. I ordered that red supercharged badge but am having some serious reservations about taking the leaper off and replacing it with a badge. What is everyones thoughts??? I need some solid persuation either way.
The badge is going to look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better on your STR.

If you've got the spring mounted leaper now, there are two holes in your hood. A large one for the plastic nut and a small one for the "peg". Your new badge should come with a peg for orientation in the peg hole and adhesive to secure it and seal around where the larger hole is.

I replaced the leaper on my X-type 3.0 Sport with a UK spec S-type "Jaguar 3.0 Sport" badge. Now my Sport not only looks sportier without the leaper (oh yes it does!) it's fairly unique with the 3.0 Sport badge.

+1 searanch, I think my leaper got sold to someone in the UK and the poor sod had to drill holes in his bonnet to install it.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Black Cat: Sea Ranch said he had to dremmel one of the tags "peg" on the badge, and then it just sticks over the existing holes.

Mohrd: Which color do you think would look better on my car?

Old 05-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member

I'm partial to the Red. Has a better growler too.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

It seems to me all of the models in that picture have badges and no leapers, maybe I am losing it, but thats what i am seeing.
The XK has always had the badge on the fascia, the X and XJ have grill badges, while the S got the grill badge and the badge on the hood. I thought it was funny that Jag didn't do the hood without the hole until '05 while they obviously cut/drilled the X and XJ to apply the leaper to North American cars. Just silly trivia that I'm into. Like the fact that the 2.7d S type was available with a 6 speed stick while the gas 6cyl cars had to make due with a 5 speed. Also, an S type classic came standard with cloth seats. Again, this is UK / Euro only stuff.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:26 AM

After looking at my car thoroughly today i have come to an executive descision. The RED badge is definately not going to work. My wheel hubs have the green growler, the steering wheel badge-green growler, and the R badges-green. The red will just look out of place, I am going to have to order the black-green badge or the white and green victory edition badge.

If anyone wants the red one, I will sell it for cost and free shipping. Let me know. -Joe

Old 05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the green badge on my STR. It looks GREAT!!!

Installation was a small pain in the butt. You have to jerry-rig the badge to make it fit flush and secure, but once it is on it looks a lot better than the leaper. I picked up a mint-condition used badge for $30 bucks on E-Bay and installed it myself. I went with the Green "Jaguar Supercharged" one. It matches all of my wheels and adds a hint more masculinity to the front of the car. The leaper looks way too foo-foo on an STR. I've received several compliments from random people....which I take as a good sign.

I suppose I'll have to take pictures!

Big thanks to Searanch for the idea!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Cool you're most welcome...

Originally Posted by hottienamedscottie
I installed the green badge on my STR. It looks GREAT!!!

Big thanks to Searanch for the idea!
...send copious US folding currency and 72 virgins ya cheap *******

Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  72.0 KB
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  126.0 KB
Name:  4-1.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  106.4 KB
Name:  3-1.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  192.2 KB

Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 2666
Size:  97.3 KB
What do you guys think? Replaced the leaper today, and what a drastic change. I think for the better, but completely changes the front end of the car.

The following users liked this post:
nycturbovr6 (04-16-2015)
Old 06-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Veteran Member

I like it! I like it!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh crap! NICE!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Veteran member

I thought I would like it. But I personally don't. I think it would look better if there was a clean way to get rid of the grill emblem. The funny thing is I have a Euro s type as my desktop at work, and the hood is clear, no badge except the grill. I wonder if the pre-05 grill is really a different shape, or is the only difference the badge. If so, then that would look neat. Plain grill w/ badge on the hood. But then again, just my own opinion.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM

Ya I see where you are coming from, it really doesnt look as pronounced in person as it does in the photos.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hrm... I honestly like both. I love the ST as it looks classy and the kitty adds to that class. But I like differentiating the Supercharged ones from the not supercharged ones. I like the badge on the hood but don't really like the double badge with the hood and the grill together.

If some punk rips my kitty off, I WILL do the badge replacement, but for me, I really like the classy look, even if I am staring at the rear end of the kitty while I drive.

For those in the UK, pedestrians shouldn't be walking that close to the car for the kitty to bite em... (edit) if the kitty does bite em, then they deserved it. =o)

Old 06-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I thought I would like it. But I personally don't. I think it would look better if there was a clean way to get rid of the grill emblem. The funny thing is I have a Euro s type as my desktop at work, and the hood is clear, no badge except the grill. I wonder if the pre-05 grill is really a different shape, or is the only difference the badge. If so, then that would look neat. Plain grill w/ badge on the hood. But then again, just my own opinion.
I'd like that too. Clean and smooth with nothing there at all.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Cool

...just right

Attached Thumbnails  Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem-str-010-sm.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
nycturbovr6 (04-16-2015)
Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by searanch
...just right
What year is that grill? I love the badge.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

Son of a bitch! Third leaper theft! That's it, I've ordered the badge, it will be here on Tuesday. I'm installing and replacing the side mirror (which the *******s broke for no apparent reason!!). Done with having to change the kitty.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

I'd like to wire our leaper up to a Taser. Then go park the car in a questionable part of town, set up a lawn chair and a cooler out of sight, and sit back to watch the fun ensue....

Old 07-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Son of a bitch! Third leaper theft! That's it, I've ordered the badge, it will be here on Tuesday. I'm installing and replacing the side mirror (which the *******s broke for no apparent reason!!). Done with having to change the kitty.
Dude that is horrible! Sorry man. Thank god I took some preventative measures and got the badge before that happened. Your leaper will prob be on ebay shortly. What badge did you get?

Quick Reply: Replace Leaper with Supercharge Emblem