S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rest In Peace My S-Type

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020 | 11:15 PM
|
Smile Rest In Peace My S-Type

Well, as of last Wednesday, my 2007 S-Type 3.0 finally gave out after 193k reliable miles. Ever since November, I was made aware that the catalytic converter needed replacing, however, I was not willing to invest several thousand into it when I was planning on getting a newer Jag soon. The thing I love most about my S-Type is the sense of occasion when I walk up to the car and sit inside. From the extremely rare Frost Blue color, Ivory with Mocha piping, burr walnut accents, to the squeaks from the leather, I loved every part of the vehicle. Unfortunately, last Wednesday while going up a hill, the "restricted performance" light came on (which was fairly common when accelerating up hills) and the engine stalled and left me stranded.

Though I will most likely get rid of her during the summer, I decided to remain within the Jag family and went out and bought a 2017 XE 35t R-Sport as an addition to my garage (I refuse to say replacement it makes me sad).

New Car

Old 03-08-2020 | 04:56 AM
jya

Some nice photos and a great looking S-Type. Has the nice interior that many of the last run cars had. 193k miles too is not a bad effort. With the issues sorted I'm sure it will make the next owner very happy.
The XE is a nice looking car. Drove a few in the range and an excellent car. With the recent face lift it does bring the model right up there with the German offerings. Probably the best car in its class but needs more engine offerings. Jaguar needs to get serious and give the XE the blown 5 Litre as well for the masses and not just the special limited run they recently did.

Old 03-09-2020 | 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by jya
Some nice photos and a great looking S-Type. Has the nice interior that many of the last run cars had. 193k miles too is not a bad effort. With the issues sorted I'm sure it will make the next owner very happy.
The XE is a nice looking car. Drove a few in the range and an excellent car. With the recent face lift it does bring the model right up there with the German offerings. Probably the best car in its class but needs more engine offerings. Jaguar needs to get serious and give the XE the blown 5 Litre as well for the masses and not just the special limited run they recently did.
The XE-S supercharged 3.0 V6 out performs the S-type 4.2 STR.
However Jaguar have stopped making these now and they did not sell that well, (there are only about 900 in the UK in total) so it is unlikely that Jaguar would do another high performance XE. But you never know....
Mellow

Old 03-13-2020 | 12:05 AM
|

Originally Posted by jya
Thank you, it was a hard process parting with the car, as funny as it may seem. For the first week or two with the XE it did not feel like my car, but now I feel like I've gotten over my S-Type. I am a true believer that Jaguar unreliability is truly blown out of proportion and they are solid vehicles.

The following 2 users liked this post by Stephen.513:
jya (03-16-2020), NBCat (03-13-2020)