S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

restricted performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up restricted performance

Greetings to all,been verry busy but with best results. i you got a few moments i would like to give the state of jagnsty, this morning i replaced final touch,a ripped driver side motor mount,engine would raise up and cause the air intake snorkle assy to stretch and pull apart, only on extreme downshift,cause an over lean condition and cause it to sharply shut fuel off breifly,hard missfire sensation,the 2 wire plug to the driver side of throtle body had crumbled inside the connection,repaired,replaced throtle body gasket,maf sensor,ngk irridium,spark plug tube seals,valve cover gaskets..,resealed snorkle . Less than a year ago i replaced inter cooler rad hose assys,good thermostat water pump,intercooler intake gaskets,rebuilt supercharger with jag updated double groove sided charger belt,grooved pulleys with raised edges,updated tensioners,no slip in my gripshe bite good,new front tie rod ends,ceramic brakes with brembos,new rear sway bar links,new rear control arm links,have ordered seals for all joints to stay ahead of the game.Thanks to all,she is hell on wheels,keep strong, keep those jags strong.will check in from time to time.I believe my restricted perf was the updated supercharger system torquing so hard ripped mount (weak design) causing air intake tube snorkle pull apart at seams( hard downshifts) sucking in grimie air accross the maf sensor,bad,may look good but be shure,also , i changed trans pan and filter.She came withpower sun roof,touch screen nav sys,14 inch rotors,voice command,front and rear fog lites,by the way, i do my own work,thanks to jagv8 and all of you on the forum,i hop that i have given some helpful tips.