Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Parking Aid

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnevik
Hello, does anyone know which # fuse is for the reverse parking aid module? I have a 2003 S Type R and I get nothing (no sound) when I back up. How do I tell if the sensors are even working or if it is just an electrical issue with the speakers? Thank you very much for any input!
The whole backing up sensor system for the Jags are a POS . Thank god the guy whom I bought my car from had them removed and painted over the sensors. Looks much nicer and gives it nice clean face to the rear. But anyhow I'm sure someone on here will chime in and tell you which fuse it is or what; I'm not too sure myself which one it is . There a numerous issues with the backing up sensors, your not alone.

Peace

Last edited by jag79; 11-07-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

One important thing to check is whether your trunk (boot) below the floor mat is flooded. Many S-Types have rain water leaking into the trunk, starting to submerge the spare tire, the battery and various electronic control modules, including the Reverse/Backup Warning control module.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by jag79
The whole backing up sensor system for the Jags are a POS . There a numerous issues with the backing up sensors, your not alone.

Peace
Mine works. So what are the issues?

BTW, when I first saw this thread I was wondering if someone was going to discuss why the the rear view side mirrors don't re-position when you back up.

Bob S.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jag79
The whole backing up sensor system for the Jags are a POS . Thank god the guy whom I bought my car from had them removed and painted over the sensors. Looks much nicer and gives it nice clean face to the rear. But anyhow I'm sure someone on here will chime in and tell you which fuse it is or what; I'm not too sure myself which one it is . There a numerous issues with the backing up sensors, your not alone.

Peace
HUH??? Did he fill the bumper holes and paint? If not, I don't know what the previous owner is talking about since the back up sensors on all S Types are body color....Sounds to me that something broke and he just didn't fix it if you have body color buttons on your bumper...Oooops....

The back up sensors don't normally go bad. Only a few have come on here with problems..

Parnevik: Search on the forum...There was a past thread that dealt with testing the sensors with the help of another person. Something to do with listening for clicks...
Oh, and the "check for water damage" reply from another user is very valid since the park sensor module sits in the rear of the tire well down at the bottom..

Old 11-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof

BTW, when I first saw this thread I was wondering if someone was going to discuss why the the rear view side mirrors don't re-position when you back up.

Bob S.
My thoughts exactly!

I "fixed" the side mirror issue by setting memory 2 to be the reversing position but it's a kluge.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
HUH??? Did he fill the bumper holes and paint? If not, I don't know what the previous owner is talking about since the back up sensors on all S Types are body color....Sounds to me that something broke and he just didn't fix it if you have body color buttons on your bumper...Oooops....

The back up sensors don't normally go bad. Only a few have come on here with problems..

Parnevik: Search on the forum...There was a past thread that dealt with testing the sensors with the help of another person. Something to do with listening for clicks...
Oh, and the "check for water damage" reply from another user is very valid since the park sensor module sits in the rear of the tire well down at the bottom..
..Yes I'm well aware the sensors on the bumper are body colored from before, but he had the sensors removed and the holes filled in (caulked) I guess then painted over. You can't even see where the circular holes(sensors) are on my bumper thats how well they are concealed. Whatever the reason he removed them for, I still like the clean face w/out the backing up sensors

*By the way the Jag techs at the dealership even told me, those sensors are nothing but problems once it goes bad once then its plagued then after.

Last edited by jag79; 11-07-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Staatsof

Bob S.
One of the issues told by the Jag techs;
"When parking sensor is activated a continuos bleep comes on without being near to an object"

There's a few other glitches with it but the one I remember most clearly is what I stated. As the car ages, something or another is going to break on it, nothing is built life long (parking aid system)

Cheers.

Last edited by jag79; 11-07-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

There are very few posts about problems with the parking aid and they seem to be easy fixes. I suppose the techs must be right but not based on the posts I've seen.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnevik
Hello, does anyone know which # fuse is for the reverse parking aid module? I have a 2003 S Type R and I get nothing (no sound) when I back up. How do I tell if the sensors are even working or if it is just an electrical issue with the speakers? Thank you very much for any input!
Apparently with key in the ignition, engine NOT running, and reverse selected the sensors emit a quiet sort of click. By putting your ear to each one you can ascertain which , if any, are faulty.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

I also remember reading about speaker failures from the reverse warning system.

Basically that buzzer dies, and even though the sensors / system is working, you can't hear it.

George