S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s-type 2003 , 4.2 not supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s-type 2003 , 4.2 not supercharged

Hi there , for several weeks I had a coolant leak in my jag.. I checked the lower hose because was the area of leaking, I cleaned the outlet connection, I tighten hose clamp very well, but no luck still a leak..
Well after some days more the issue was reveled.. I has a minor crack in plastic radiator 10cm upper lower hose, yesterday I put some compound cool weld , but I presume that this will be a temporary solution
I need to replace the radiator I read the JITIS and I couldnīt find the procedure , could some one send the tech procedure to remove and install the radiator ? I need to disconnect the ac lines? to lost the ac refrigerant? some one could share step by step the procedure? thank you very much..

Old 05-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 595 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by sas123_cl
Hi there , for several weeks I had a coolant leak in my jag.. I checked the lower hose because was the area of leaking, I cleaned the outlet connection, I tighten hose clamp very well, but no luck still a leak..
Well after some days more the issue was reveled.. I has a minor crack in plastic radiator 10cm upper lower hose, yesterday I put some compound cool weld , but I presume that this will be a temporary solution
I need to replace the radiator I read the JITIS and I couldnīt find the procedure , could some one send the tech procedure to remove and install the radiator ? I need to disconnect the ac lines? to lost the ac refrigerant? some one could share step by step the procedure? thank you very much..
The 03 on wards s type v8 automatic's all shair the same radiator , SC or NA !
Only the header tank differs ,
I managed to change mine without degassing the A/C , but did have to bend the alloy AC pipe out of the way of the lower hose outlet !
Then bend it back again afterwards , it's not too hard to do , but a very tight fit .
Start by removing the under tray , and unplunging the cooling fan from underneath , drain the system with the drain plug on the lower side of the radiator , then remove the header tank.
There are many how To's on that procedure ,
then remove the top hose , then unbolt the secondary coolant pump and DCCV from the back of the fan shroud , un bolt the fan and slide it out the top , then dissconect the trans lines and the lower hose , remove the 6 top mount bolts and the plastic mounts ,in bolt the trans cooler/PS cooler brackets from the front of the radiator , bend the AC pipe a little and very carfully , then lift out the radiator , reverse for refitting .

Last edited by Datsports; 05-29-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Make sure your replacement radiator has the integral transmission cooler! Many of the cheap ones on the web are for the few manual transmission cars produced. Will simply not suit if your car is an autobox.

The following users liked this post:
Datsports (05-29-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 02:58 AM
GGG
Received 16,860 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by sas123_cl
..... I need to replace the radiator I read the JITIS and I couldnīt find the procedure ....
Welcome to the forum sas123_cl,

JTIS 2003 S-Type procedure reference is Radiator 26.40.01 If you can't find it, you can download the document from my MediaFire account using this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbd3nl...l_26.40.01.pdf

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 05-30-2017, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi GGG

Thank you I already download the procedure.. best regards.. I will do the job once the parts arrive.. regards