S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s type 3.0 xs. my08 amplifier vin N80887

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile s type 3.0 xs. my08 amplifier vin N80887

Hello everyone, l would like to fit a xf 2008 amplifier to my s type but the d2b optics is different. The amp is fitted with MOST optics and does not have a wake up signal as with the other modules. I can sort out the optics but just need to know if you think it would work. Would appreciate some input Kind regards to one and all.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,560 Likes on 3,965 Posts

I can't see any viable way it will work.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:02 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There seems to be a rare MOST gateway module for the D2B network. Maybe have a look here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...l-x350-171967/

Old 04-23-2020, 04:22 AM
Received 272 Likes on 208 Posts

It is not a realistic option to try and use a MOST network module on the d2b system.

As far as I know I think the MOST gateway module was made so the MOST DAB radio unit could be installed in the X-type and XJ in the last year of production with d2b.
They were a very expensive option at the time so very few were sold.
The chances of finding one now is virtually zero and if you do find one it will be very expensive.

Your options are limited as follows:

Use the correct d2b amp with the correct Alpine speakers, including the shelf unit, that use different wires to the standard head unit speakers.
Fit an aftermarket amp and cut into the head unit speaker wires.

To be honest the quickest way to improve the sound in an S-type with standard speakers is to change the door speakers for better quality units.
The originals are from a Ford Mondeo and are not the best.

(It has been noted that the Alpine speakers used in the premium sound installation in the S-type have a specific sound level output that makes the tweeter sound quieter than with most other speakers. If you fit a normal two speaker installation with the d2b amp then the tweeter volume is too loud making the overall sound poor with too much treble and not enough base.)

Mellow

Last edited by M-e-l-l-o-w; 04-23-2020 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile s type amp

Originally Posted by M-e-l-l-o-w
It is not a realistic option to try and use a MOST network module on the d2b system.

As far as I know I think the MOST gateway module was made so the MOST DAB radio unit could be installed in the X-type and XJ in the last year of production with d2b.
They were a very expensive option at the time so very few were sold.
The chances of finding one now is virtually zero and if you do find one it will be very expensive.

Your options are limited as follows:

Use the correct d2b amp with the correct Alpine speakers, including the shelf unit, that use different wires to the standard head unit speakers.
Fit an aftermarket amp and cut into the head unit speaker wires.

To be honest the quickest way to improve the sound in an S-type with standard speakers is to change the door speakers for better quality units.
The originals are from a Ford Mondeo and are not the best.

(It has been noted that the Alpine speakers used in the premium sound installation in the S-type have a specific sound level output that makes the tweeter sound quieter than with most other speakers. If you fit a normal two speaker installation with the d2b amp then the tweeter volume is too loud making the overall sound poor with too much treble and not enough base.)

Mellow
Thank you for your valuable advice. I will stick to my original system and change the speakers and add some to the parcel shelf. Many many thanks. Regards, Frank.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:41 PM
jya
Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts

Mellow is right.
I originally just ran a high quality pair of splits with their supplied high quality crossovers in the front straight off the head units' power. Huge improvement on the sound of those very average Mondeo 2 cone units.
I then added just the factory d2b amp and factory subs but kept the front splits and added a pair of Cerwin Vega mid price 2 ways (not splits) in the rear doors.
Again another huge overall improvement but amazing the difference in sound from the front splits which of course due ti the factory amp didn't now require their crossovers. The tweeters are overpowering everything. Pressing the 'Mode' button and dropping the treble output by two/three notches does help bring them back in to balance and make the sound acceptable. Although the factory amp power (RMS/Continuance power) is still sadly lacking for me..
As Mellow has mentioned it seems like its the specific sound level output of the factory front tweeters which I think is the same as the 'db'/ 'efficiency' rating all speakers are given. It looks like it was just set/designed to run as 'low' to mate to this amps characteristics.. These splits I have have a too high 'db'/ 'efficiency' rating.