S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-type heating/cooling display

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-type heating/cooling display

I may not post attachment so I have to tell it in words. On the display for heating/cooling unit there is a button to level-up or level-down the temperature. This issue is about an S-type, make 2000, 3ltr , v6 engine.
When I turn on the lights than also the lights from the unit and others goes on.
The problem I have is that the red inducation on the button is lighting up but the blue part on the button doesn't light up.
I think that both small bulbs behind the blue part of the button not working anymore.
Is it possible to whip of the button from the display so that I can replease the bulbs. They are very small I think. Can I take out these very small bulbs ? How to do take of the button ? Is there a special tool to use, and how can I take out these small bulbs ?

Greets Paul.

Last edited by Paultje Panter; 02-10-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture from diplay s-type

Hello members,

This is a picture from the display. The blue part (arrow ?) on the button doesn't light up when I put on my headlights.
Take as note my first thread.
Hopefully you can give me an solution ?

Greets Paul.

Attached Thumbnails S-type heating/cooling display-foto0023.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

The climate control unit will have to be completely removed from the car. Then you will remove the face plate of the climate control panel. Then if you’re lucky you can see how to get the switch cover off to access the bulb. The bulbs will just be a small glass capsule with two wire leads coming out. I have found replacements at Radio Shack and on the internet. It is small and fiddly to replace the bulb. Yours fingers will be too big and in the way. A small set of needle nose pliers is a help as well as very small screw drivers to pry on the plastic tabs.

It's not hard but it is time consuming and you run the risk of breaking plastic stuff that is expensive to replace. The face plate and switch covers use small plastic tabs to hold everything together.

Finally if you are in there to replace one bulb consider replacing them all. They are all the same age and you might have another one fail in a short time causing you redo all this again.