S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S type - Off topic section

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

hmmmm a smoke shop with a humidor and a mini fridge!

HA!

Old 05-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

It would to have at least a decent wine and single malt selection to go along with the cigar selection.

George

Old 05-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

George what do you consider "decent wine"?

Old 05-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Veteran Member

Ok, so I mentioned Evans Tire and Wrecking Service.....

I am hanging out there 1 very hot humid southern day, BS'ing with the owner Eddie and I did mention it is HOT. So anyways his wrenchers are working away, we are in the office (no AC) so Eddie picks up the intercom and says basically "Bubba get yer a@s in here BOY", so Bubba comes in and Eddie says " BOY turn the dam* fan (a cheap Walmart oscillating) towards us. The mechanic starts walking back to his station and is called back into the office "BOY turn the dam@ fan up", being obiedant he does. Now mind you the fan is less than 2 feet away from myself and 3 foot away from Eddie.

You just have to picture MayBerry RFD and Goober.

I laughed for hours and still a years later at this story.

Thats where I (we) live boys.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member

So Jeff, were you not surprised at last nights "shocker" that Phils son Jake is a drug addict? Man even though one sleeps in his own bed, Jake has got to carry what Phil said to him around for the rest of his life, being that the ol' man kicked a few days later. WOW!

Old 06-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
So Jeff, were you not surprised at last nights "shocker" that Phils son Jake is a drug addict? Man even though one sleeps in his own bed, Jake has got to carry what Phil said to him around for the rest of his life, being that the ol' man kicked a few days later. WOW!
Haven't had a chance to watch "The Catch" lately... It's in the DVR though...

Old 07-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member

Welp guys finally back from a whirlwind vacation at some of the most beautiful beaches in the world (Cleveland, Ohio)! I never knew how many stingy people there are with password protected wireless, hence the lack of participation here as of late.

The trip was great, got to see lots of family and life long friends, even got to meet a new friend in person for lunch (JOsworth). Jeff, I had a great time and was a shame we couldn't hook up again before our departure. Don't forget to hit my mother-in-laws place up! BTW, way to step up to the FAQ plate.

God its nice to be back to reading "my daily newspaper"!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,360 Likes on 2,851 Posts

Welcome back, Rick. I wondered if you had sold Joyce's car in lieu of going after the leaking O-ring sleeve and transmission fluid....

So did you get in on all the "Kill LeBron" fun while you were hanging out in the Oasis of Ohio?!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

Ha Jon, it would take alot more than the cursid sleeve dripping to sell this vehicle! Actually while we were on a couple week hiatus, we came home where the vehicle had been sitting and no leaky-poo, probably a bad thing. I am going to order the sleeve and pan/filter today, and pick up some Mobil ATF. Joyce returns to work in a week and I need to get this issue resolved. Boy that was a fast 3 month maternity leave!

As far as the LeBron saga, I do not follow "pro" sports at all. It just doesn't make sense to me to spend $200.00 for seats higher than the banner airplanes are flying, parking, a beer or 2, couple of weenies and a bag of peanuts. It is a sad day for Cleveland and its fans, everyone in Cleveland put their hopes into 1 man that could have put Cleveland back on the map. LeBron had his reasons for leaving, he saw that Clevelands "pro" sports teams are going nowhere fast, unfortunately, and I don't blame him for choosing a team (city) where there is a very likely chance of a championship.

One more thing about the "King James" saga, we were watching the news that showed Cleveland fans burning their $65.00 LeBron jerseys, whose laughing all the way to the bank?! Thats about a half a days pay for most of the fans.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member

I hear you loud and clear on the cost of pro sports tickets and everything else required to attend a game. I won't shell out that kind of money, either. I love college football and the NFL, but do all of my game-watching from the comfort and thriftiness of my den. Same goes for college basketball and MLB. I don't really care about the NBA. Never followed the Hornets and don't follow the Bobcats, either. Diehard Cleveland fans need to realize that James made a calculated business decision and come to an understanding with it. I agree that turning it into a spectacle as ESPN did may not have been the best PR move for any of those guys. Now the general expectation across the NBA fan base is that the Heat should automatically win the championship next year, but the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic may have something to say about that. Tremendous pressure for tremendous paydays....

Keep us posted on your transmission situation. Inquiring minds want to know....

Last edited by Jon89; 07-12-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

What's funny is that the "3 Amigos" may have to spend the 2011 NBA season at various South Beach clubs since it looks like a lockout is eminent. The downside is that ESPN will have to come up with an inane sports based reality show. Hopefully it/they won't be any worse than some of the crap SPEED is currently showing like "Cooking with NASCAR".

Old 07-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member

An NBA lockout won't bother me one bit. An NFL lockout, however, would crush me like a grape....

Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jon89
An NBA lockout won't bother me one bit. An NFL lockout, however, would crush me like a grape....
Jon,

In the event of an NFL lockout they could bring in replacement players. This might be the Raiders best chance at a Super Bowl since there won't be any change in the quality of the players. It might even be a step up although they would likely continue the Raiders tradition of being the most penalized team in the NFL. No help for Detroit though, they'll still suck.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

I really miss the pre-merger old AFL in the late 1960s when the Raiders and Chiefs were the best teams in the league, had that hated rivalry going, and could hang with any NFL team in their day. John Madden and Hank Stram going head-to-head with their offensive strategies and mad-scientist philosophies, Daryl Lamonica winging it to Fred Biletnikoff and Warren Wells, Lenny Dawson throwing to Otis Taylor and watching Taylor run over defensive backs like they were ping-pong players....

Ah, pro football back in the day before rent-a-player, salary caps, and the business side steamrolling the joy of the game side. Absolutely nothing else comes close....

Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member

Welp guys finally back from a whirlwind vacation at some of the most beautiful beaches in the world (Cleveland, Ohio)! I never knew how many stingy people there are with password protected wireless, hence the lack of participation here as of late.

The trip was great, got to see lots of family and life long friends, even got to meet a new friend in person for lunch (JOsworth). Jeff, I had a great time and was a shame we couldn't hook up again before our departure. Don't forget to hit my mother-in-laws place up! BTW, way to step up to the FAQ plate.

God its nice to be back to reading "my daily newspaper"!
Hi Rick,

Next time get a map of the free wifi hotspots in your destination. I did that when I visited my parents in CA. Luckily I didn't need it for the first couple of visits but then the site I was freeloading off of wasn't available on my last visit. My brother and I took our laptops in his car and cruised the neighborhood trying to get a connection but no joy.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

Mike, that did not occur to me....Joyce really thinks that I "need help" since she has been off on maternity leave, I have been trying to restrict myself from the puter, especially this site. (I have been going out of my mind). We have number of puters around and usually jagforums are on each during the day, so when I breeze by one I take a peek to see whats going on.

If there is a next time trip to Cleveland I may just have to try that. Usually there is no problem if we are in a hotel or condo, but since we were visiting the elderly folks thay just don't get the whole internet thingy either!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member

Interesting, I was just selected by J.D. Powers do take part in a "very select survey" where they are asking about the purchase of my ESV. Intertesting survey mostly just asking about the hows, whys, and over all satisfaction with the vehicle. For taking the survey they have included a crisp brand new $1.00 bill (wow)!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

Interesting, I was just selected by J.D. Powers do take part in a "very select survey" where they are asking about the purchase of my ESV. Intertesting survey mostly just asking about the hows, whys, and over all satisfaction with the vehicle. For taking the survey they have included a crisp brand new $1.00 bill (wow)!
Rick,

Don't spend all in one place.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by carelm
Rick,

Don't spend all in one place.

Mike, I was so ferverishly marking all the little ovals trying to earn that whole dollar, Joyce said the exact samething!

Quick Reply: S type - Off topic section