S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S type R Magnaflow sports cats

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S type R Magnaflow sports cats

Hi, I have a S type R and have bought a pair of magnaflow sports cats (59975) to install. Can anyone recommend anywhere in the U.K. (West Yorkshire) where I could have them fitted and a rough cost?
Also would it be recommended to replace all 4 sensors while in the process? Any recommendations on the best place to buy from at the moment would be helpful too!

Thanks
Pete

Old 10-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,342 Likes on 1,843 Posts

It's up to you but I don't replace stuff until it fails. Now if it's hard to get to I might consider it but O2 sensors are beyond easy to change on the S Type So just wait until you set a code.

The bigger question is are those cats legal for you? Hate to see them installed and then you fail inspection.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwood811
Hi, I have a S type R and have bought a pair of magnaflow sports cats (59975) to install. Can anyone recommend anywhere in the U.K. (West Yorkshire) where I could have them fitted and a rough cost?
Also would it be recommended to replace all 4 sensors while in the process? Any recommendations on the best place to buy from at the moment would be helpful too!

Thanks
Pete
Hi Pete, Can't help as I live in the States, but I would be interested in hearing a sound clip and your opinion after the swap

Old 10-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I am pretty sure they are legal. They are 200 cell which passes MOT here in the U.K. I have had them sat around about 5 months and I'm itching to get them on. What I didn't want to do was take them to a shop for welding in to find the old o2 sensors were shot on removal and then have to pay through the nose to get some there and then so I could drive it if that makes sense. But then again I don't want to buy 4 new ones if they are not necessary! Thanks for your help so far. And yes I will post up a sound clip once fitted!

Old 10-04-2017, 06:07 AM
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Hi, I'm going to fit 200 cell cats on mine, but I'm going to fit 2 each side.
I fitted some on my mitsubishi and because there so short they don't bring the emissions down enough to pass mot, so ended up fitting two in-line, cut the tapers off and butted two together, then emissions were fine the cat is only very short
They still improve flow massive as it made the car a lot louder and bottom end picked up massive
Cheers
Joe