S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S Type Summer Meet - East ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Ya someone from near there needs to take this meet by the short and curlies and set something up. I will at least be there, no matter where it is.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Ha ha ha...OK Michael - I am just going to proceed with setting up a meet for that Linden Hall event. There hasn't been too much in the way of other options posted, so if anyone objects go ahead and post up and we'll take it from there.

Jim (Bodyman) lives very close to Linden Hall and has offered to assist, so there will be two of us here locally working on it. That should help a lot.

So, I will get together the registration info for the event and put it up for everyone to register, and talk to the hotel to see if they would offer a group rate or something like that. I'll get started this weekend and see how it goes.

The following users liked this post:
Michael Star (03-18-2011)
Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Chris, If you're around, I may go to both...

My New Years resolution was to get back into doing "car stuff"... I was loosing "me" in the family..Need that balance.. I'll probably be bringing some of the kids with me, that is up to them..LOL
Hi Jeff,

I plan on going to both - so PM me if you have any questions or anything. I go to Akron from time to time to visit friends, I'll letcha know if i'm in the area.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

haha sorry, I knew that if someone didn't take charge of it we would be going back and forth till next year

thanks Chris X!!!

Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X

Jim (Bodyman) lives very close to Linden Hall and has offered to assist, so there will be two of us here locally working on it. That should help a lot.

Actually I was planing on getting Laurie on this. Seems only fair since I'm putting a Jaguar together for her.

Let me know if rooms at Linden Hall don't work out. I can check with the Hampton. That would be the closest decent motel.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Sounds awesome I say we get a poll in another thread just to get a head count and that way it should help when trying to figure out how many rooms to get a group rate. Usually if you have a head count they can have a block of rooms for a few weeks to reserve that way you guys are putting any deposits etc on a room. Then everyone can try to get that discounted rate in that block and we can all be at the same hotel. I wish my mom still worked at the hotel she used to work at. She used to work at choice hotels and I could of gotten a nice discount for everyone but she is no longer employed so there went the discount.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Hell I was hoping to bring my tent and stake up in Jim and Lauries front yard!

I'll even bring the cheap beers to boot.....

Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Hell I was hoping to bring my tent and stake up in Jim and Lauries front yard!

I'll even bring the cheap beers to boot.....

Ooooh! Could you Imagine filling up a section of a campground with Jags?? It would be like seeing them in the wild! Rofl.. I'm cheap, I prefer camping..

PS: I make a pretty good pot of campfire beans & cornbread.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GoKittyGo
Ooooh! Could you Imagine filling up a section of a campground with Jags?? It would be like seeing them in the wild! Rofl.. I'm cheap, I prefer camping..

PS: I make a pretty good pot of campfire beans & cornbread.
Hell I'm definitly down for some camping if we get a few of us together we should check into some campsites. It would be cool if we all met up there and just had a huge cookout. Plus campsites tend to be in the middle of nowhere which means twisties will be near. This type of camping will actually be fun compared to the camping I've done in the past (military training). Any good campsites nearby that will let us pitch some tents (LOL).

Old 03-19-2011, 08:01 AM

This is close.

Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA | Camping in Pennsylvania | KOA Campgrounds

There is also primitive camping at Cedar Creek Park next to the bike trail and the Yough River. I would have to investigate that as far as reserving sites ect. My only experiance with camping is with a motorhome.

Rick, you would have to see my front yard to believe it. The township is installing a sewer system and decided it would be better to tear up my property than damage their road. Meanwhile the street is completely destroyed from triaxles and excavators. They don't seem to be in any hurry to finish the landscaping. I just hope they don't run out of money and leave this mess.

Last edited by Bodyman; 03-19-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the lead on the Hampton Inn Jim - maybe Laurie could give em a buzz and see if they would offer a group rate at all or approx how many we'd need?

I don't think Linden Hall would want to play ball with a group rate for an event they are hosting - considering it is also a Corvette event (tons of em everywhere) and they only have 74 rooms I bet they will be full. But I'll check anyway.

Camping - Ohiopyle State Park isn't that far away and they have campsites and they are cheap. I camped out at a campground near the park once - Scarlett Knob. Pretty nice. Here is a listing of campgrounds near or in the park - there are TONS of places to camp in that area: Camping near Ohiopyle State Park | Campgrounds Near Ohiopyle | Ohiopyle State Park Campground | Campgrounds in Fayette County Pennsylvania

I was actually thinking a good Saturday activity for those coming a day early would be to go to Ohiopyle and check out Falling Water and the state park - the park is nice, there are bike trails, white water rafting/kayaking, etc. Good trout fishing too.

But the best part is Ohiopyle is surrounded by some awesomely twisty, hilly roads! Vance you would be stoked.

Some info on the park: Pennsylvania State Parks - Ohiopyle - PA DCNR

Ohiopyle is only about 15 miles from Linden Hall, so it's close. Map of the area with Linden Hall and Ohiopyle:
Dawson, PA to Ohiopyle, PA - Google Maps

The following users liked this post:
GoKittyGo (03-19-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member

BUMP. Should we get a head count of who can go for the weekend of June 3-6th. Then find out who wants to stay at a hotel and who would camp. I looked at some campsites and most of them can put 2 per site so cost of that would be really cheap with 2 people paying for one site. I also found a few that had large group campsites. I haven't called anywhere yet but if we get enough people that would camp I'll call and see what the parking is like for the large site cause I believe it said 10 people could camp there at once. Then we can line the cars up on the site and just get one site for 10 of us. So how about we get a yea or na and if you are gonna do hotel or camping then we can give the local guys an idea of how many rooms they should be calling about. Then maybe schedule some other hangouts.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:43 AM

Yes numbers are important.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

I'm down

Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Ok guys. I haven't checked with this thread in a while...so I'll def. sound like a dip...so what's the scoop? Is it Philadelphia or Cancun, Mexico? Can someone post me the friggin details. I'll go but I'm not gunna sift through the threads lookin for the details. Come on, someone throw me a bone here...you know...I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer- kind of thing.

Last edited by bfsgross; 03-23-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member

You gonna do hotel or would you do camping Michael?

Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Ok guys. I haven't checked with this thread in a while...so I'll def. sound like a dip...so what's the scoop? Is it Philadelphia or Cancun, Mexico? Can someone post me the friggin details. I'll go but I'm not gunna sift through the threads lookin for the details. Come on, someone throw me a bone here...you know...I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer- kind of thing.

Chris is working on getting the registration details for the show at Linden Hall. Goggle Dawson PA. for the show location. It's south and east of Pittsburgh. Weekend of June 3-6. Lodging and activities besides the show are still in the planing stage. As mentioned a count will be needed to negotiate for rooms unless everyone camps.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll sleep in the Jag -- i've done it plenty of times while drunk.

Speaking of which, i'll be bringing Patron and JD so we can have an even better time

Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by 08Z06
I'll sleep in the Jag -- i've done it plenty of times while drunk.

Speaking of which, i'll be bringing Patron and JD so we can have an even better time

I know people here that have got DUIs for that. Sounds crazy but if you are in the car with keys on you....Bingo. Don't have to be driving. I never could figure out how you can get arrested for something you aren't doing but they do it all the time.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I know - i was only half joking lol. When I used to do that though, i would leave the key on the roof or throw them under the car. They cant do anything then -- i've had them come up and question me. Once they see that, they walk away.

Quick Reply: S Type Summer Meet - East ?