S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S Type Summer Meet - East ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Yeah, Laurie's ex got busted that way. Thought he was doing the right thing sleeping it off but the keys were in the car.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by vance580
You gonna do hotel or would you do camping Michael?
Either one works for me. I'm still young enough to go camping. I know some of the "older" population here might have back issues

Old 03-23-2011, 01:30 PM

I've been corresponding with Chris on this and thought I would share some info. He says Linden Hall is booked. So I would like to offer some info on the Hampton Inn at Belle Vernon. It is located adjacent to a Wal Mart and Lowes type plaza. There are several eating places within walking distance including fast food, Dennys and a Pizza Hut. Also there is a sports bar restaurant called Red Dogs. Nice place to hang out and the menu is more varied. I had Tuna Steak there last Saturday that was very good. But they also have all the regular bar type food. I would estimate it about 2 -3 blocks walking distance across the plaza parking lot. I mention this since some (like myself) like to have a few at the end of the day. This way one could relax without having to drive. And there is an indoor pool.

I offer this consideration for those of us too old for camping.

In any case we need numbers to get more info on the motel.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Thanks Jim!

The official Sign Up thread is up - please take a look. If possible, kick around ideas in this thread and use the other one for sign ups and the other info requested so it stays clean and kinda short.

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  19.3 KB

Chris / Jim.....I see the other official sign up thread and it has some decent responses already.

Having a good read it looks like you guys have really thought this through, plenty of advanced notice, loads and loads of info, contact details etc etc.

I really do believe it will be a great "meet" and I hope that the forum gets plenty of pics from all who attend and a full write up of course

Norri has stickied the thread I see and I'm sure that will help keep it alive and get as much exposure as possible.

If there's anything else we can do to help in any way, please let us know, and of course if we can, we will.

All the best

Jim

Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm gonna bring my video camera so I'm gonna get some good video and I'll get it up on my youtube channel once the meet happens. Cant wait.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I hope we get good weather for this! It'll be great to meet a bunch of you! As I posted in the "sign up" thread, it will probably be a day trip for me for the show itself. That said, I'm going to see if the wife can get away from her work long enough to make a weekend of it! Hotel for us though, if we go that route!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64

Chris / Jim.....I see the other official sign up thread and it has some decent responses already.

Having a good read it looks like you guys have really thought this through, plenty of advanced notice, loads and loads of info, contact details etc etc.

I really do believe it will be a great "meet" and I hope that the forum gets plenty of pics from all who attend and a full write up of course

Norri has stickied the thread I see and I'm sure that will help keep it alive and get as much exposure as possible.

If there's anything else we can do to help in any way, please let us know, and of course if we can, we will.

All the best

Jim
Thanks for the support Jim! Norri was on it quick and did a great job quickly putting it up as a sticky without even asking. Awesome!

Obviously this meet wouldn't even be possible without Jagforums support - for that I thank you. I'll be taking pics like crazy and I bet everyone else will too, so there will be lots of content coming out of the meet to be put up on this forum.

I'm thinking for the car show that I'll make up some small Jagforums.com posters that members can put on their dash to "represent" the forum. Nothing fancy - but a way to identify our group at the show. Unless someone wants to make stickers!?

Jeff - maybe 08Z06 will let you borrow his Vette for the show, since he has a Jag as well....

Old 03-24-2011, 11:33 AM

I've noticed that some in the signup thread are simply saying I'm coming. We really do need to know if there is any interest in the group motel and activities for Saturday. If everyone wants to do their own thing, that's perfectly fine. We just need to know if there is to be any group rate negotiated.
Thanks, Jim

Old 03-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Bodyman
I've noticed that some in the signup thread are simply saying I'm coming. We really do need to know if there is any interest in the group motel and activities for Saturday. If everyone wants to do their own thing, that's perfectly fine. We just need to know if there is to be any group rate negotiated.
Thanks, Jim
That's why I put my "on the fence" comment in there. I would count me in on the show, but at this point, not for a hotel count.

Others should go in and edit their posts with the hotel confirmation... Again, to keep that thread as short as possible.

Very good point though..And thanks for your participation in making this happen Jim!

You and Chris are great for taking this on!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Thanks, Jim
I'd be one of those people. To me it doesn't matter if I stay in a hotel or camping. I am waiting for more people to decide before I make my final call.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Thanks, Jim
Sadly, my work schedule is so hectic that I can't tell you what I'll be doing or where I'll be two weeks from now, much less months from now...

I'd really love to meet all you guys though.
Crazy I know.

Take care,

George

Old 03-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

I know it can be very difficult to put anything into concrete for something in a few months. Such is life these days. I wasn't 100% sure I could make it myself until a couple weeks ago.

If it becomes obvious that we really can't get a solid head count for a hotel group discount by the middle of next month, then it just won't be done and everyone can make their own arrangements. This is not good or bad, just how it may play out. For some of you this is a fairly long ride, so it is understandable that things may change or details are not known.

The main thing is if you can get here for the event and we get to meet each other and hang out a little bit, then that would be great.

And if you have to sleep in a tent in Jim's front yard, so be it.

(jk Jim...lol)

Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
And if you have to sleep in a tent in Jim's front yard, so be it.

(jk Jim...lol)

Looks like it will be Jims back yard, the front yard has some well not so nice things going on there.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Looks like it will be Jims back yard, the front yard has some well not so nice things going on there.
Hey Rick are you going and if so you bring the wife and kids or just coming by yourself? My wife is still deciding if she is gonna go. We may just turn it into a fun family mini vacation and do the camping thing.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Vance having the 3 little ones would be a PIA. I have actually been PMing with norri (who I have not met yet and is working just west of here), we are trying to hook up for the meet. If he can make it we will just drive Joyces Jag up. He has an unusual work schedule but he is figuring it out.

Its about an 8 hour drive from here. I think I will take the Hampton with BAR as its looking like a 1 nighter, unless norri can work out a couple days off, but doesn't sound likely.

Basically I haven't made the where to stay as I am waiting on norri.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Vance having the 3 little ones would be a PIA. I have actually been PMing with norri (who I have not met yet and is working just west of here), we are trying to hook up for the meet. If he can make it we will just drive Joyces Jag up. He has an unusual work schedule but he is figuring it out.

Its about an 8 hour drive from here. I think I will take the Hampton with BAR as its looking like a 1 nighter, unless norri can work out a couple days off, but doesn't sound likely.

Basically I haven't made the where to stay as I am waiting on norri.
Cool if you decide to head up on Fri let me know and we can try to time a meet up on the highway and convoy the rest of the way. I'll hit 77 right on the NC/VA border since I would take 74 from Wiston/Salem. If not we can always convoy back till that point.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

As you well know, Rick, you are always welcome to stop over and use Akron as your base... But that would add a couple hours to your trip...

Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member

Haven't seen much activity in the official sign-up thread lately.

I'm starting to get the idea that negotiating a group rate at the hotel isn't going to be necessary as most seem content with making accomodations themselves or haven't been able to clear the schedule that far in advance yet.

I'll still wait until April 15th before abandoning the idea.

We are at the 61 Days To Go mark for the Car Show!!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I am going to try to make sure I can free up that time so me and the wife can go. How far is it from Gettysburg? I really want to stop by there.

Quick Reply: S Type Summer Meet - East ?