Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S Type Summer Meet - East ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Jeff, thank you for the generous offer!

Tentatively, Norri and I have reservations at the Hampton, we have access to discounted rates through work. The "group rate" may be a better rate though, at least we have rooms reserved, for Friday and Saturday nights.

Thank you Jim and Chris for setting this all up! Do you guys have the weather report for 61 days from now sure would be a real pisser if it rained all weekend and we had to find a parking garge to "set up camp".

Vance, I haven't looked at the route we will be taking but its a good possibility to drive some of the distance together, (as long as you don't mind my tail lights ) !!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by achysklic
I am going to try to make sure I can free up that time so me and the wife can go. How far is it from Gettysburg? I really want to stop by there.
Gettysburg is farther East than Pittsburgh, about 3.5 hours from where the car show will be.

The hotel manager said we could probably get a rate somewhere around $101 to $115 per night. I don't know if that is very good or not compared to what folks can get via other discount methods (rewards, AAA, etc.).

The forecast for Pittsburgh is generally the same for 3/4 of the year. Partly cloudy with a chance of rain showers. Replace "rain" with "snow" and you now have the winter forecast.

By June, normal temps will be in the 70's, possibly lower 80's. Humidity is generally high.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

I booked rooms for Rick and myself at $118/night that was just the regular rate online.
We can cancel up to 4pm on our day of arrival so if a good deal shows up we could change.
The main idea was just to make sure we had somwhere to crash and not finish up under a hedge.
Anybody else booked anything?

Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

After 123 posts could someone tell me when and where?

Old 04-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

Here you go Gus, just south of Pittsburgh:

I re-sent my questions to Jag Club of Pgh and included a few additional people hoping to get a response. I asked about 3 events, but specifically about the Corvettes and Jaguars at Linden Hall event, since it looks to be a nice event for a good cause, and Bodyman lives pretty close to that place and I'm maybe 45 minutes away.
I'll post up a response if/when I get one.
Here is more info on that event (Sunday, June 5th -it is the 17th annual event) to chew on:
Car Show Registration: $ 10.00 per car (Registered on the day of the show)
Dash Plaque & Award Eligibility: Guaranteed to the first 100 cars registered
Show Check In: 10 A.M. to 12 Noon (Participant Judging Begins at Noon)
New Show Location: Linden Hall Picnic Pavilion, on left after you pass the Linden Hall entrance sign.
Show Participants will not be permitted to vote for their own car number. You must register your
Corvette or Jaguar in order to park in the show display area; all others will be directed to the public
parking area. Show Award winning vehicles must be in attendance at the time of the Awards
Presentation (Approximately 3 P.M.) to claim an award. This is a Rain or Shine Event!
Best of the Decade Awards: Forty-five cars will be selected by participant vote.
Best of the Decade 1950’s: Corvette and Jaguar models pre 50’s thru 1959
Best of the Decade 1960’s: Corvette and Jaguar models from 1960 thru 1969
Best of the Decade 1970's: Corvette and Jaguar models from 1970 thru 1979
Best of the Decade 1980's: Corvette and Jaguar models from 1980 thru 1989
Best of the Decade 1990’s: Corvette and Jaguar models from 1990 thru 1999
Best of the Decade 2000’s: Corvette and Jaguar models from 2000 thru 2011
Special display: “In Remembrance of D-Day” Any red, white or blue Vette or Jag.
The first 12 cars registered will be displayed in front of the Registration Tent area.
Participants are permitted to bring coolers and picnic baskets. We are working to secure a vendor for
grilled foods and beverages.
For rooms or directions call Linden Hall at (724) 529-7543 or
www.lindenhallpa.com
This year we are working with the War and
Veterans committee of Uniontown, Pa. in an effort
to send packages from home to our troops in Iraq
and Afghanistan. A $12.50 donation will pay for
the shipping of one package to one soldier.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gus
Thanks Rick....

Gus - the official event thread is a sticky on the first page of the forum. Can't miss it, right at the top. And only 10 posts to boot!

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...sign-up-51886/

Old 04-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

I know all I need to do is read the post but I knew that I could depend on you to provide me the information I needed. It is unfortunate but that weekend is imposable for me to attend, and let me say that I was looking forward to attending. If my plans change I will be on location. Thanks! Oh Drink a Beer for me when you go.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus
Its stickied at the top. Its got the details and post up if you are going. This thread is pretty much an accomidations and whats going on thread now.

We will have to do that Rick. I'll be fine staring at the taillights. You just gotta put up with my more frequent fuel stops. LOL.

I found a nice looking hotel inbetween the Hampton and Linden hall for under 100 a night. Gonna probably call this weekend to make a reservation. Once I secure my room I'll post up specifics in case someone wants to save some money and check that one out.

Dang you guys type fast. I typed that and Gus already had 2 responses before I could even hit submit. LOL.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member

Great - thanks Vance. I'm sure some would be very interested in hearing about this other place if it works out for you.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

If this works out and the event for all of you is a go please take a few photos and give us a rundown. Good Luck!

Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Jeff, thank you for the generous offer!

Thank you Jim and Chris for setting this all up! Do you guys have the weather report for 61 days from now sure would be a real pisser if it rained all weekend and we had to find a parking garge to "set up camp".

!!

The MG & TR guys shrug that off as typical British weather. Plus we get to have a leaky top dripping the whole time. When they start whineing I tell em try it on a Harley!

BTW, I got Laurie a membership to the PGH Jag Club. We just got the first newsletter. They made reference to the normal attire for club events as "Jacket and Tie with ladies dressed to match" Wait till they get a load of us!!! LOL! I got the perfect sweatshirt ,from my ex, for Christmas. Says "Danger.. I Do Stupid Things"

Thanks for the reminder on how many days I have to get her car in paint and assembled. I just took my tax stuff to the accountant today so that ought to tell you something.

Last edited by Bodyman; 04-05-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodyman
The MG & TR guys shrug that off as typical British weather. Plus we get to have a leaky top dripping the whole time. When they start whineing I tell em try it on a Harley!

BTW, I got Laurie a membership to the PGH Jag Club. We just got the first newsletter. They made reference to the normal attire for club events as "Jacket and Tie with ladies dressed to match" Wait till they get a load of us!!! LOL! I got the perfect sweatshirt ,from my ex, for Christmas. Says "Danger.. I Do Stupid Things"

Thanks for the reminder on how many days I have to get her car in paint and assembled. I just took my tax stuff to the accountant today so that ought to tell you something.
LOL.... Mixed with Corvette folks as well.... This ought to be a hoot...

I think I'll stick some Mopar stickers on my car and do smoky burnouts in the parking lot....

LOL... Just kidding... It'll be me and Olivia probably.. So don't laugh at the guy pushing the stroller.....

Old 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
LOL.... Mixed with Corvette folks as well.... This ought to be a hoot...

I think I'll stick some Mopar stickers on my car and do smoky burnouts in the parking lot....

LOL... Just kidding... It'll be me and Olivia probably.. So don't laugh at the guy pushing the stroller.....
LOL Jeff Please don't be this guy:

YouTube - Pontiac GTO burnout crash

The best part of this whole video is the indifference shown by the cop directing traffic.

Take care,

George

Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Reminds me of one year at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. For those not familiar, it is run on some twisty city streets through Scenley Park. They dress it up with haybales but you DO NOT WANT TO GO OFF COURSE! So they allow car show people to do parade laps if you register. You guessed it....Some guy in a Corvette managed to lose it on the parade lap and stuff it into the woods. Not trashing Corvette owners since I have been shoping for one.

Cop was having too way too much fun directing traffic and doing "crowd control"

Old 04-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by androulakis
LOL Jeff Please don't be this guy:

The best part of this whole video is the indifference shown by the cop directing traffic.

Take care,

George
I can't be that guy, honestly... Mercedes wrote the traction control software for the Chrysler...short of a programming change, there is no way to turn it all the way off!

But still a funny video.....

Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I can't be that guy, honestly... Mercedes wrote the traction control software for the Chrysler...short of a programming change, there is no way to turn it all the way off!

But still a funny video.....
I have a fuse puller and a canbus code scanner (to clear the codes after we put them back in)... I can make you that guy!

Take care,

George

Old 04-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by androulakis
I have a fuse puller and a canbus code scanner (to clear the codes after we put them back in)... I can make you that guy!

Take care,

George
Tee Hee Hee... I have a Diablosport Predator tuner that will turn it off as well as let me adjust a ton of parameters... So, all kidding aside... I'm actually not "dumb" enough to be that guy.....

Actually, messing around with this tuner... The R guys would be jealous of the power and adjustability of it.. I lets you custom write a tune and then upload it to your car..It is pretty cool..

So this counts as being relevant to the thread....

If anyone wants to see the tuner module, I'll bring it with me to the meet.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member

This thread is starting to get buried and June is fast approaching. In case people haven't noticed there is a STICKY at the top to say whether or not you are coming and details on the show for Sunday. I booked my hotel today and am posting a link below as another option if someone is budget minded like myself (especially with the gas prices lately). Its not a big chain but looks clean have found out its in a nice area as confirmed by the locals. There website isnt all that but I called and got some info. There rates are as follows.
55 for a single queen room.
85 for a cant remember if it was a double queen or single king (probably double queen)
125 for a King jacuzzi suit.

Its located between the Hampton Inn and the event at Linden Hall. So you would be between everyone staying at Hampton and the event. I called today and I am the only reservation for that weekend so rooms are plenty for the picking. If anyone is interested in this budget option just call them and book those are their standard rates.

Can't wait to see everyone who is going there.

Perry-O Inn & Suites

Last edited by vance580; 04-14-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Forgot link...
Old 04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know it may be abit early, but I am getting pretty psyched for the meet, I washed Joyces Jag today , I hope is doesn't rain for the next month and a half.

Last edited by joycesjag; 04-17-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by joycesjag
I don't know it may be abit early, but I am getting pretty physiced(?) for the meet, I washed Joyces Jag today , I hope is doesn't rain for the next month and a half.
I am also psyched. I cant wait.

Quick Reply: S Type Summer Meet - East ?