Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-type Tires and Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-type Tires and Wipers

So I just got a 2006 S-type 3.0.

Maybe I am new to Jags, but how do I change the wiper blades on this car? I tried to open the arms all the way out, but apparently it won't cause the hood blocks it from coming all the way out...and the special clips which hold onto the windshield sprayers don't seem to fit the aftermarket wiper blades I got from Advance Auto Parts..so, I'm guessing its just for the dealer to replace?

As well...I have another question for any guru's out there. The S-type needs two new tires. Planning to rotate the front ones (Bridgestone Potenza RE-92A...has a good amount of life left) to the back and put new ones in the front.

Although, when I checked the recommended tire size, I saw that Jaguar recommends 235/50 R17...and those Potenza's which are already on the car are 225/55 R17. Are those even the correct size? My rims are the 17 inch 15 spoke alloy's.

Here is a pic of what rims I have:
http://www.discount-auto-parts-store.../aly59803u.jpg

(Sorry, i know many forums don't like posting links like this but i wasn't sure if this forum was okay with it or not..if so, my apologies in advance)

Any help will be greatly appreciated...Many thanks in advance

Old 10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

For the wipers, I have the same issue. I just buy the re-fills from the local auto store and just re-thread them.

And sorry...I'm not a tire expert....yet...haha...good luck with that though.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Just Lucky, you will need a small puller to remove the wiper arms, take off plastic cover and remove the nut underneath, then use a small puller, I use one called Laser should be on the web, the blades are
Trico EF603 ExactFit Wiper Blade with INTEGRATED SPRAY BAR and
Trico EF453 ExactFit Wiper Blade with INTEGRATED SPRAY BAR.

one is 18" and the other 24"

as these come with the spray under the bar I took mine off the original and fitted dead easy

I have done it without removing the arms but it is much easier if you do.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Here we go again, there are many, many threads on wiper replacements. just do an advanced search "wipers" in the "S Type" push enter.

FYI Auto Zone carries a bunch of aftermarket blue juice squirters that mount to the wiper arm. They are kept behind the counter and you have to ask for them.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by justlucky
So I just got a 2006 S-type 3.0.

Maybe I am new to Jags, but how do I change the wiper blades on this car? I tried to open the arms all the way out, but apparently it won't cause the hood blocks it from coming all the way out...and the special clips which hold onto the windshield sprayers don't seem to fit the aftermarket wiper blades I got from Advance Auto Parts..so, I'm guessing its just for the dealer to replace?

As well...I have another question for any guru's out there. The S-type needs two new tires. Planning to rotate the front ones (Bridgestone Potenza RE-92A...has a good amount of life left) to the back and put new ones in the front.

Although, when I checked the recommended tire size, I saw that Jaguar recommends 235/50 R17...and those Potenza's which are already on the car are 225/55 R17. Are those even the correct size? My rims are the 17 inch 15 spoke alloy's.

Here is a pic of what rims I have:
http://www.discount-auto-parts-store.../aly59803u.jpg

(Sorry, i know many forums don't like posting links like this but i wasn't sure if this forum was okay with it or not..if so, my apologies in advance)

Any help will be greatly appreciated...Many thanks in advance

looks like you got some help on your wiper issue. as far as the tires go it sounds like whoever replaced them either got a better deal on a slightly different size or whoever was installing them might have had them in stock at not the correct size. they really arent far off so i wouldnt worry too much about it but yes Jaguar size is correct for the car. However since you plan to just replace 2 id want them to be the same size that you have on there now. Id put the new ones on in the rear since they will wear faster and you want more grip back there anyways since the car is RWD. Hope this helps!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by barney100golf
Just Lucky, you will need a small puller to remove the wiper arms, take off plastic cover and remove the nut underneath, then use a small puller, I use one called Laser should be on the web, the blades are

as these come with the spray under the bar I took mine off the original and fitted dead easy

I wish I was in England so I can buy those specific Trico's you mentioned...haha...I saw them online for sale on ebay and etc but the shipping charge was kind of whack...

Thanks for sharing that cause I never even knew those even existed!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

sorry about that but there is a canadian web site who should shipp to USA or there may well be a site in USA,

try here

Buy TRICO Wiper Blades in Canada & US

Old 10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by barney100golf

Pretty sure it's 19" not 18" although perhaps the 18" will fit fine...

Old 10-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 2,192 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Do you really think we techs remove the arm? Hell no, you just raise the arm and unclip the lock and slide off then i squeese the locks on the inserta and pull them out and slides new ones in and reinstall. Get the correct size tire, it is a 235 on the 17's and a 225 on the 16's. The correct width will not only look better, but keep the wheels from getting curbed so easily

Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been messing with my wipers and figured out that only a replacement trico blade will work with this style clips (before looking on this forum). Went over to Google and found a thread on mustang forums that points to a windshield washer nozzle relocation kit them mustang guys use. Here is a link, I would like to know if anyone here tried this kit??

Classic Design Concepts Squirter Nozzle Relocation Kit

Old 10-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=joycesjag;413959]Here we go again, there are many, many threads on wiper replacements. just do an advanced search "wipers" in the "S Type" push enter.

Oooooh - bit grumpy today?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Rear Wiper?

[QUOTE=raygin;415541]
Originally Posted by joycesjag
Here we go again, there are many, many threads on wiper replacements. just do an advanced search "wipers" in the "S Type" push enter.

Oooooh - bit grumpy today?
It's because half of this topic has been covered very well in a couple3 of other threads but here go again building another one and this one's not all that great so far.

Then there's the mixing of the topics Tires & Wipers.

So here's my contribution to "this thread" lest it be a total waste ...

I was at Walmart yesterday and having parked the Jag waaaaaaaaaay in the back I spotted this gem, a Mark IX, on a car carrier. Poor thing ...

But it has the very rare rear wiper option!

Attached Thumbnails S-type Tires and Wipers-image_002.jpg   S-type Tires and Wipers-image_003.jpg   S-type Tires and Wipers-image_004.jpg   S-type Tires and Wipers-image_005.jpg   S-type Tires and Wipers-image_006.jpg  

Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed on the search function, but I put PIAA wipers on my 03 and they worked great. I got the info from this forum. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=Staatsof;415593]
Originally Posted by raygin

But it has the very rare rear wiper option!
Almost got in trouble with this post today at work.
Still laughing. Good catch!