S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I'm glad your happy..(Really glad I mentioned the difference in reception between XM and Sirius).. I knew the FM Modulator would do the trick. I've been happy with them since the late 90's. I haven't liked the built in FM transmitters since they came out with them. Worth the extra wire to knock out any interference.

I will also switch back to XM when I get the chance.

Again, I'm very glad you're happy and glad I could help..

Now...How's the wife doing? She's got to be miserable going out in this heat!!! Last July I thought Jen was going to kill someone.. LOL. It was also the only time she actually liked the temperature I keep the central air at! Almost baby time!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

thanks for all the info guys. I've been watching this thread and trying to figure out my car. I just went out and when I power up the sirrius, I can still hear the station that I'm on, so I'm guessing that I don't have the rf unit. The only thing I can't figure out is how to work the aux box if I have one. The guy that sold the car to me told me, but that was about a month ago and I forgot....

edit... I just saw this thread about the acm after googling it. It says how to access the main menu showing what you have hooked up.

http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29254

Last edited by qwiketz; 07-06-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by qwiketz
thanks for all the info guys. I've been watching this thread and trying to figure out my car. I just went out and when I power up the sirrius, I can still hear the station that I'm on, so I'm guessing that I don't have the rf unit. The only thing I can't figure out is how to work the aux box if I have one. The guy that sold the car to me told me, but that was about a month ago and I forgot....
Did you post the pictures that I asked about in your thread?

Old 07-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

update... my car does indeed have the rf unit. I finally found the channel on 87.9 or something like that. It is the factory rf unit, although I didn't see the box that goes in the trunk when I had the panels off. Finally got that question solved. thanks for the input...

Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I'm glad your happy..(Really glad I mentioned the difference in reception between XM and Sirius).. I knew the FM Modulator would do the trick. I've been happy with them since the late 90's. I haven't liked the built in FM transmitters since they came out with them. Worth the extra wire to knock out any interference.

I will also switch back to XM when I get the chance.

Again, I'm very glad you're happy and glad I could help..

Now...How's the wife doing? She's got to be miserable going out in this heat!!! Last July I thought Jen was going to kill someone.. LOL. It was also the only time she actually liked the temperature I keep the central air at! Almost baby time!
Definitely appreciate all your help man, I'm very happy with the results. A little over budget but I took the easy way out.

Nicole is doing good, surprisingly handling the heat pretty well. We actually went to the beach Sunday and it was a Scorcher! As long as she has a constant supply of water, and fruit we are good. Well I should say water, fruit, and ANY other type of food from any of the more important food groups. These include the "Dorito", "ice cream", "yogurt" and "potato chip" groups. Lol.

The baby is a comin', that's for sure! Her belly is huge and little Gracie is scheduled to arrive October 17th!