Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my HRE's..

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Selling my HRE's..

So I've been contemplating selling my wheels for a while and I think it is finally time. I'm buying a 64' Continental convertible and found a set of wheels that I want for it, so these ones have to go to make room..

Name:  hre543wheel.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  47.0 KB

If you have an X-Type I can have the offset and width changed to whatever you need for around $150 per wheel. Color matching and clear coating is available as well.

Name:  Photo-0137-1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  65.3 KB

Here are some websites with pictures of them:

http://wheelsperformancecom.stores.y...t/hre543r.html

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/h...dj230i85bqumn5

You can also see plenty of pictures of them in my album and if you want to see them from any specific angle, just let me know.

Brief info:

HRE 543R wheels with a 5x108 (5x4.25) bolt pattern.
Mirror polished with chrome APR hardware.
New seals recently installed.
No curb rash, look almost new.
All four HRE center caps included.
Clear the Brembo brakes on my car.
Weigh about 23lbs a piece (incredibly light for a 3 piece wheel)
Were originally $5,500+ without tires.

Name:  HRE29.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  151.5 KB

19x10
19x8.5

Name:  HRE30.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  126.8 KB

Front: 1.5" lip
Rear: 3" lip

Front Offset: +49
Rear Offset: +43

I just had them re-polished, so they will arrive like this:

Name:  HRE1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  113.1 KB

I am selling them without tires. I have a set of tires, but it will make the shipping very expensive so I decided to sell them without.

I am asking $2,900 shipped. PM me if your interested and leave your name and phone number if you would like to talk.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 AM
DTB
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The '64 LCCs are great. I owned a '62 Continental convertible for awhile. I prefer the style on the earlier slabsides ('61-'63). There is a great Lincoln forum out there. I sold the car but still frequent the forum because it's such a great group of knowledgeable guys. Not sure how much you know about those cars but definitely ask questions before you buy.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah I know a good amount about them.. I've been looking for an earlier 61'-63', I love that body style, and if my deal on the 64' falls through that is definitely what I'm going to buy. What is the website for the Lincoln forum you mentioned? I would really like to take a look at it..

Also did you have any issues with your convertible top? that's the only thing my friends have been cautioning me about.. Thanks, Eric

Old 08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
DTB
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Lincoln forum at www.TheLincolnForum.net

When I got my car the top system was in pieces and I was able to get it all back together and working. There is a service manual that covers the top system and the back doors (the windows auto drop when you open the door). If the top is working when you get the car it's pretty easy to maintain and troubleshoot if (when) something goes wrong. There are just a lot of pieces to the puzzle (hydraulics, relays, motors, limit switches, etc). There is a guy from Florida who travels the country repairing tops, he is the expert in this.

Parts for the car are hard to find and expensive. You aren't going to find anything at your local auto parts store. The MEL 430 engine & trans are not that common but there are specialized vendors who can get you what you need.

Some people don't realize that this is a unibody car (and it's huge) plus nobody makes replacement body panels, so finding a rust free car is especially important.

Make sure the car is complete and all of the trim pieces are there or factor that into your price. That stuff is hard to find and it'll nickel and dime you.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah all of the cars I am looking at are all original with low mileage (around 50 to 80k).. I have actually heard about the convertible top guy and I almost thought he was a myth haha I'm glad to hear he's in Florida.. I'll have to let you know how I make out after I pick her up.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member

Wow the only offers I've had so far is a Rolex or free landscaping.. Lol does anyone have any money?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL. Nope, no one seems to want quality wheels right now in the Jag scene. I LOVE these wheels, I would totally rebore them to fit my Volvo but I am sitting on the Asantis I bought that won't fit my car. I really don't get it, because the STR is a super good looking car (as are most Jags) and 19/20" wheels look amazing on them. Don't know if it is the economy or normal for Jag enthusiasts but this kind of wheel usually would draw a lot of interest.

Good luck with the sale, and if for some reason you'd be interested in a trade for 20" Asantis let me know!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

from what I see on most cars now is the antibling look! Maybe you guys are trying to sell something from the bling era. That doesn't mean that nobody will buy them but your market might be smaller than a couple of years ago. Also there is a lot less money going into aftermarket changes now because people really don't have the extra cash. Sad but true. Even the high end crowd is feeling it.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member

Well HRE wheels are not really bling by any means. They are a very strong high performance wheel. My car is probably one of the slowest cars you will ever see them on haha. Most HRE's end up on Lamborghini's, R8's, Ferrari's, and other cars of that caliber. They are considered one of the most exclusive wheel brands in the entire world. The only wheel brand more exclusive than HRE is maybe Dyamag carbon fiber wheels and they cost $11k+ a set..