S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Spacers ok to use on our Jags?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are Spacers ok to use on our Jags?

Hi everyone, does anyone know if using Spacers is recommended on our S types? I have 4.0 S type and thinking of putting on 18's with 30mm spacers in the front.

Since this is my 1st post joining here please don't be harsh on me if I made any mistakes posting.

Thanks.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

In case you missed this active thread.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=50008

The following users liked this post:
uropnm6 (02-26-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Staatsof
In case you missed this active thread.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=50008
Thanks Staatsof, but I have seen that thread and I too gave my explanation of why its not very valuable in terms of getting a decent answer, all it is people insulting each other, I don't want to get involved in that so I opened up my own thread to get an answer,

God Bless!

Old 02-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

I missed that little dust up near the end ... It happens.

But I suggest you stick to the same thread. All the same people are still on this forum.

I think folks just go a bit prickly and need to calm down a bit. If you're looking for definitive answers to this question this forum isn't necessarily the best place for that. Research consisting of asking these sort of questions on public forums isn't really qualified research since you don't have a verifiable way to qualify any contributors expertise on the subject. But you will get a variety of opinions and if you do it correctly you may leads on references. I'm weary of stuff just published on the Web. You should be as well because who determines if it's qualified? It's human nature to gravitate towards answers that match one's preconceived ideas on a subject. If you really want the truth on a matter you must fight that tendacy and be you own best devils advocate.

If everyone decides to fracture the discussions because they don't like some of the answers or the folks style in posting then it makes it a lot harder for someone like yourself who comes a long later on to get a compiled set of opinions on the subject.

Sometimes ... a little controversy gets more and better responses from a wider set of people. Like trained Jaguar techs. That's at least something of a qualification.

This issue is enough of a problem even when everyone is getting along famously.

Bob S.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Staatsof
I missed that little dust up near the end ... It happens.

But I suggest you stick to the same thread. All the same people are still on this forum.

I think folks just go a bit prickly and need to calm down a bit. If you're looking for definitive answers to this question this forum isn't necessarily the best place for that. Research consisting of asking these sort of questions on public forums isn't really qualified research since you don't have a verifiable way to qualify any contributors expertise on the subject. But you will get a variety of opinions and if you do it correctly you may leads on references. I'm weary of stuff just published on the Web. You should be as well because who determines if it's qualified? It's human nature to gravitate towards answers that match one's preconceived ideas on a subject. If you really want the truth on a matter you must fight that tendacy and be you own best devils advocate.

If everyone decides to fracture the discussions because they don't like some of the answers or the folks style in posting then it makes it a lot harder for someone like yourself who comes a long later on to get a compiled set of opinions on the subject.

Sometimes ... a little controversy gets more and better responses from a wider set of people. Like trained Jaguar techs. That's at least something of a qualification.

This issue is enough of a problem even when everyone is getting along famously.

Bob S.
Thanks big

Last edited by Cadillac; 02-28-2011 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Offensive video
Old 02-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

LOlz... I love harold and Kumar movies; I think that clip is from "Harold and Kumar go to Guantamino Bay".... How come Jaguar007 is banned?

Last edited by jag79; 02-27-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by jag79
LOlz... I love harold and Kumar movies; I think that clip is from "Harold and Kumar go to Guantamino Bay".... How come Jaguar007 is banned?

It's a temporary 3 days ban from using inappropriate language in multiple posts . He seems a good guy but some remarks might be out of manners