Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spray paint on my Jag.....WTH

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21,736 Likes on 8,731 Posts

Originally Posted by SlimGoody
Aww thank you Jay, I went to the place they referred me to and the estimate came up to $326 and that is for polish exterior, clean molding for over spray, and clean glass for over spray What do you guys think

Did that shop specifically state that their methods WILL bring it back to "before" condition. If not, keep hunting and document everything. That should be the ONLY way that is acceptable to you in the repair your car...nothing less...

The following users liked this post:
SlimGoody (08-01-2012)
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Norri
I'd still get a quote from another shop to compare.
I'm going to do that Norri, I'm looking for a place now

Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Did that shop specifically state that their methods WILL bring it back to "before" condition. If not, keep hunting and document everything. That should be the ONLY way that is acceptable to you in the repair your car...nothing less...
Yes the owner said it would be like it was before, but I'm still going to document everything because you never know. I like your attitude (wink)

Old 08-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Update

Heyyy you guys, I talked back to the leasing office and next week they are going to release a check in my name to take care of the body shop. They also want me to sign a release form saying that if anything happens to the car in the future they will not be held accountable. So what do you guys think?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:59 PM
JbB
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The release form is a tricky one that I'm not really sure how to advice you, but I think the management's being pretty reasonable so far. I think one of the best people to ask would be the repair shop, ask them if they think signing the release form is safe to do.

One piece of advice I can give is that if you have the body shop say, in writing, that the work they quoted you will return the car to its original state, then I would feel much safer signing the release form from the management. This way, the management holds up their end of the deal (damaging your car and paying what was promised to fix it by a body shop), so if it don't fix the issue or if there's problems three months with the repair, the body shop is now the responsible party.

How likely is the body shop to state in writing that the repair will restore the paint to "before' condition, others can chime in because I've rarely ever had to work with body shops.

But your pretty safe regardless at this point, management's gonna' pay for the full price of a quote to fully repair the damages. Good deal. JbB

Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Received 6,330 Likes on 5,516 Posts

I wouldn't sign until the work is completed to your satisfaction.

The "in the future" is just in reference to this incident, isn't it?

They are not trying to have you sign away all future rights?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 AM

Everything you said is what I am going to do. I will definetly feel comfortable if the body shop can put it in writing that my car will be back to normal. If not then I won't accept the check from the leasing office and I won't sign the release form!! I'm going to go by the body shop today to see if I can get that in writing. You guys are good

Originally Posted by JbB
The release form is a tricky one that I'm not really sure how to advice you, but I think the management's being pretty reasonable so far. I think one of the best people to ask would be the repair shop, ask them if they think signing the release form is safe to do.

One piece of advice I can give is that if you have the body shop say, in writing, that the work they quoted you will return the car to its original state, then I would feel much safer signing the release form from the management. This way, the management holds up their end of the deal (damaging your car and paying what was promised to fix it by a body shop), so if it don't fix the issue or if there's problems three months with the repair, the body shop is now the responsible party.

How likely is the body shop to state in writing that the repair will restore the paint to "before' condition, others can chime in because I've rarely ever had to work with body shops.

But your pretty safe regardless at this point, management's gonna' pay for the full price of a quote to fully repair the damages. Good deal. JbB

Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Norri I have to sign in order for them to release the check. So I'm going to take JbB's advice and get it in writing from the body shop Yes its in reference to this incident hun.

Originally Posted by Norri
I wouldn't sign until the work is completed to your satisfaction.

The "in the future" is just in reference to this incident, isn't it?

They are not trying to have you sign away all future rights?