S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS Blink Code 52 then 15

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 03:18 PM
Received 91 Likes on 70 Posts
Default SRS Blink Code 52 then 15

Swapped the seats from 2002.5 to 2005 MY, drivers seat was inop but i traced that to 1 different pin connection.
I couldnt find any reference to on either wiring diagram, prior to this i had no seat movement and couldnt program the module. Swapped pins over. All works fine memory etc.

I had a blink code of 52 passenger seat belt buckle, I checked the wiring on passenger seat and it all matched.

Both the seats were working correctly in their respective cars so they should of been ok.

Anyway I swapped the belt buckle and now I have a blink code of 15, incorrect module fitted. I tried the cars original module and I get the same fault. I tried programming the restraints module as new, and although it carries it out, it gives a fault code the IDS cannot deal with.

Has anyone swapped passenger seat restraint modules sucessfully after a crash. What did you use to program it. Can I check the part numbers somewhere to see if the parts are the same.

Any input is greatly received.

After an engine and transmission swap which went seamlessly, how can a stupid seat be different !!!!

Old 08-11-2017, 03:46 PM
Received 91 Likes on 70 Posts

So to wrap this up, I swapped pin 11 to pin 4 on DM23, under the seat, programmed the DSM with my laptop and SDD, all good. Drivers seat happy and SCP network all talking to each other.

SRS fault on passenger seat....After checking the 2 different wiring diagrams I found later cars had a seat belt tensioner sensor fitted.
I stripped the 2005 seat and traced the wiring from the passenger seat weight sensing module, and it went to an empty plug!!! So I swapped the modules, cleared the faults.
No SRS lights. Happy Happy.

Red on black seats now fitted. Premium sound with subs and amp fitted.

I'm going to run it for another few weeks then it's getting a pulley upgrade if it behaves itself !

The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (08-12-2017)