S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STR fuel pumps

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 03:35 PM
9mm
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well guys here is the answer although the precise sequence of events that led to this point may never be known.

Replacing the internal fuel pump - I used the Pierburg pump that is also used in the E39 M5 - seems to have got rid of the P2634 fuel pump circuit problem code.

I was then stuck with the non-starting issue and the usual suspects were all ok - I had running pumps, pressure at the fuel rail and a good spark. Therefore reasonable to conclude a fuelling issue. Why wasn't fuel getting to the plugs?

I had checked various fuses and relays but discovered one I hadn't looked at which is F17 in the engine compartment fusebox. It had blown! Simple replacement and the car started but with a misfire on injector 2.

You can just see the injector wiring under the supercharger and to my surprise I found the wire had made contact with the top of the engine and the insulation had melted resulting in a short.

It's a big job to remove the 'charger to get at the wire but I have been able to get some tape around the exposed wire and then enclose it using one of the those blue hinged snap fit connectors with the metal insert removed. The actual wire was undamaged by the shorting so I'm confident my fix will be adequate.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Just hope anyone with a non-starting problem adds the F17 fuse to the checklist.

The following users liked this post:
Norri (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 04:09 PM
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Good work!

please consider double checking your wiring before you reinstall the supercharger. Also consider replacing: 1) cooling hose 2) injector seals 3) knock sensors.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 586 Likes on 438 Posts

wow...congrats on the fix...as long as the path you take gets you where you are going, that is what matters..

Old 06-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,417 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Good job!
And thanks for reporting back to help the next guy too.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar S type fuel pump unit

Originally Posted by 9mm
Well guys here is the answer although the precise sequence of events that led to this point may never be known.

Replacing the internal fuel pump - I used the Pierburg pump that is also used in the E39 M5 - seems to have got rid of the P2634 fuel pump circuit problem code.

I was then stuck with the non-starting issue and the usual suspects were all ok - I had running pumps, pressure at the fuel rail and a good spark. Therefore reasonable to conclude a fuelling issue. Why wasn't fuel getting to the plugs?

I had checked various fuses and relays but discovered one I hadn't looked at which is F17 in the engine compartment fusebox. It had blown! Simple replacement and the car started but with a misfire on injector 2.

You can just see the injector wiring under the supercharger and to my surprise I found the wire had made contact with the top of the engine and the insulation had melted resulting in a short.

It's a big job to remove the 'charger to get at the wire but I have been able to get some tape around the exposed wire and then enclose it using one of the those blue hinged snap fit connectors with the metal insert removed. The actual wire was undamaged by the shorting so I'm confident my fix will be adequate.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Just hope anyone with a non-starting problem adds the F17 fuse to the checklist.
Greetings everyone, hoping to find and answer here. Does anybody know which fuel pumps i mean actuall electric fuel pumps is installed in STR ? Brand, model. And if they are replaced with some similar pumps can you share which with similar performance?

Old 07-02-2023, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 635 Likes on 498 Posts

Greetings. You are new around here, but you have asked the same question twice in two different threads. Poor form. No need to drag a very old thread from the crypt; your other thread/post would have sufficed.