Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STR Prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,415 Likes on 1,900 Posts
Default STR Prices

Just saw a nice 2003 go for $8K. Had a lot of extras too!

Jaguar : S-Type R in Jaguar | eBay Motors

Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

It also has almost 100k miles and has been in at least 1 wreck. Only 8 pictures, too; not a very thorough ad.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

True. As with all cars with 100K miles things happen. He has at least $3-$4K in extra's too.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Lots of extras! And love the color combo on the exterior, just bad news on he accident. Hoping STR prices flatten out for the 03 and 04's.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

i sold my 06 3 yrs ago, with th3e wife hitting the road, im back in the market for one.....just sold my house so im waiting until i move, next month......any bad yrs out there that i should know about? thx

Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Stick with 03 and newer. you lose Brembo brakes after 05 tho...

Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Buying a modified STR means ????

Driven harder?

If you don't like the mods or they weren't done well then lots of $$$ to fix.

Get a service log if it's been modded!

10 years and 100K miles.

If it were stock, super clean, decent service, a list of the you know what things already done I could be temped.

Just my 2 cents. I never buy modded cars.

Damn cheap though.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just passed on a 2005. I would have gotten it, but the undercarriage was very corroded at 85k miles. Dealer was asking 13 something. Didn't care for the rust, didn't care for the touch screen.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It seems to be hard to find super clean accident free strs. There getting rarer every year. And its almost as if low mileage doesn't determine how nice it is. I passed on an str with almost 30k less miles because it was in an accident, because that's more important to me. Plus my car had all the service performed at the jaguardealership every 10k miles or less.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I looked at a str that was in so bad condition I almost stopped my search. I actually seen a pic of the same car on this forum. As far as a modified str I would generally think it's in better condition. Most likely owned by someone on the forum that at least has an idea on what to mod.

The following users liked this post:
rasputin (06-30-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by amgeater
It seems to be hard to find super clean accident free strs. There getting rarer every year. And its almost as if low mileage doesn't determine how nice it is. I passed on an str with almost 30k less miles because it was in an accident, because that's more important to me. Plus my car had all the service performed at the jaguardealership every 10k miles or less.
This is true. I've got my '06 listed and most of the comparison cars I looked at to set the price are either high mileage or have an accident history.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by cacloss
This is true. I've got my '06 listed and most of the comparison cars I looked at to set the price are either high mileage or have an accident history.
i see your car on the trader for $18,999? nice ride exactly what im looking for with i was ready

Old 07-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just because carfax or autocheck says its been in an "Accident" doesn't mean ****. If someone makes a police report or insurance claim for something petty that might not have been an accident it can still how up as one (door dent, scratch, bent rim etc). meanwhile there are plenty of totaled out cars that have perfectly clear reports. I recently logged on to Carfax's facebook page and had a good laugh. Plenty of people complaining their product was grossly wrong. As well, plenty of class action lawsuits are in the works for a slew of offenses by Carfax.

Modded cars are not always driven hard and are usually better maintained since they are enthusiast owned. I am considering adding the twin-screw kit to my STR. I rarely take off over 2k RPMs but would just like to have the added power when I do want to open it up.

A lot of sellers have too many pictures, after so many a lot of potential buyers become overwhelmed. Just how many buttons do you need to see up close lol

I dont think anyone pointed out the car in question was not equipped with Navigation

Old 07-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

OK, so, along this same thought-process:
I just replaced the motor in my '03 STR with 125k miles. (replacement motor has 75k miles)

No nav. but nice car, overall.

silver, black interior.

I'm going to be selling right away. what's it really worth?

Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

the mileage is high, and despite the new motor, people draw their first impressions from seeing the 125k,

I think it's reasonable to ask $9 - $11k, but what someone is willing to offer/pay is anyones guess...

Old 07-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,415 Likes on 1,900 Posts

I have to agree but think you are in the $8K region.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Just because carfax or autocheck says its been in an "Accident" doesn't mean ****. If someone makes a police report or insurance claim for something petty that might not have been an accident it can still how up as one (door dent, scratch, bent rim etc). meanwhile there are plenty of totaled out cars that have perfectly clear reports. I recently logged on to Carfax's facebook page and had a good laugh. Plenty of people complaining their product was grossly wrong. As well, plenty of class action lawsuits are in the works for a slew of offenses by Carfax.

Modded cars are not always driven hard and are usually better maintained since they are enthusiast owned. I am considering adding the twin-screw kit to my STR. I rarely take off over 2k RPMs but would just like to have the added power when I do want to open it up.

A lot of sellers have too many pictures, after so many a lot of potential buyers become overwhelmed. Just how many buttons do you need to see up close lol

I dont think anyone pointed out the car in question was not equipped with Navigation
I'm not saying to rely solely on autocheck or carfax, but when they can't even bother to take a picture of the passenger side, back seat, engine, trunk, etc. and half of the pictures are taken from 20 feet away, it makes me think they are hiding something. They couldn't even bother to vacuum the leaves from the driver's floorboard. What the seller describes as a "minor bump" to them might be a decent bash to someone else. With a little effort, I think the seller could've gotten 20-30% more.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by QuartzSTypeR
I'm not saying to rely solely on autocheck or carfax, but when they can't even bother to take a picture of the passenger side, back seat, engine, trunk, etc. and half of the pictures are taken from 20 feet away, it makes me think they are hiding something. They couldn't even bother to vacuum the leaves from the driver's floorboard. What the seller describes as a "minor bump" to them might be a decent bash to someone else. With a little effort, I think the seller could've gotten 20-30% more.
I agree with you 100%! Many sellers, even dealers, dont put the proper effort into marketing their cars correctly and their performance shows. Besides being a dealer myself I consult for other dealers on improving their operations and sales. Internet sales are horribly conducted by most dealers in at least 1 main area of the process.

I always laugh when they dont even bother washing the car before picturing it and it looks likes its been through a war lol

Old 07-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by McJaguar
OK, so, along this same thought-process:
I just replaced the motor in my '03 STR with 125k miles. (replacement motor has 75k miles)

No nav. but nice car, overall.

silver, black interior.

I'm going to be selling right away. what's it really worth?
MC if its a super clean car (looks brand new practically) and everything is 100% on it i think its a $10-$12k car retail. The nice thing about the R's (especially) is that while mileage is important, they are rare enough where people will almost buy more on condition and not as much as the mileage.

If youre not in a hurry to sell it list it at $12.9k and see what happens. If you would like it to sell quickly list it for $9,900.

what do you plan to replace it with at that price!??!

Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
Stick with 03 and newer. you lose Brembo brakes after 05 tho...
Interesting and timely subject – Looking to move out of my 03 STR (121K miles now) to an 05 or newer STR and started doing some research; not a lot of good, lower mileage ones out there currently for sale.

I have looked at plenty of other motors as potential replacements, but always find myself coming back to the STR which either speaks to my inability to get past the short comings of the STR or the fact that it is just a great car.

As for modified STR’s I would run like hell, which means when I sell mine, run like hell.

Quick Reply: STR Prices