S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharge belt, ribbed, or un ribbed for your pleasure?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 488 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by scottjh9
I think the c2s46862 is the ribbed replacement pulley for the tensioner update. I think there is light at the tunnel for you on this job finally
man its a nightmare. I pray the end of this job ends comes soon.

taking the motor mount out was hard bc the lower left bolt is somewhat hidden and you cant get a straight on shot to it with a socket. But I got it with a wobbly extension and a ujoint right behind the socket. Taking the compressor out was tough. With the motor jacked up its easier to get the lower compressor mounting bolts out. But the top bolts had to stay on the compressor adding to the nightmare actually since they wanted to get caught on anything and everything.

I’m still working on putting it all back together now, but at least I got the compressor back in and the lines attached. Another problem was that in order to get the compressor out there was a lot of bending of those aluminum lines. Had to bend them to make room for rge compressor body. and then when I went to put it back together, the block with the lines didn’t want to line up where they were supposed to go and I was really afraid I was gonna crack one of the pipes. Just say no to crack pipes

Oh yeah, putting that motor mount back in sucks as well because of that bottom left bolt. It doesn’t want to go back in straight. since you can’t get your hand up there and you can’t get a straight on shot with a socket, it likes to go in crooked. And it did. Just like the last time I replace this compressor. and this time it again started slightly cross threaded and you know once you start the bolt thats been slightly cross threaded, you gotta be real careful to try to get that thing to straighten itself out. But it wasnt happening

I ended up taking the motor mount back out a second time so I could run a tap thtu the threads on that lower left position in the block. Then i abandoned the idea of trying to get the bolt back in and instead cut another bolt down and loctited it into the block so I just could put a nut on afterwards, (which was a hell of a lot easier than trying to get that bolt in straight. )

So then the manifold block with the high and low pressure lines didn’t want to line back up to the compressor because it was all bent out of whack, but I finally got that on. should be smooth sailing from here, right?

I am a little concerned that one of the bolts on the compressor that hold that thermal switch in place is touching the frame so I have to figure out what’s going on with that but heres a picture or two.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 466 Posts

I had the same concern and trouble with the manifold at the compressor. There should be a joint disconnect under the fender liner near the fuel filter. Take that apart and the manifold is way easier to square up. If off the bolt will tighten up fully but the manifold will not be flush to seat the o rings. You should be able to seat the manifold fully by hand if all is good

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 488 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by scottjh9
I think the c2s46862 is the ribbed replacement pulley for the tensioner update. I think there is light at the tunnel for you on this job finally
man its a nightmare. I pray the end of this job ends comes soon.

taking the motor mount out was hard bc the lower left bolt is somewhat hidden and you cant get a straight on shot to it with a socket. But I got it with a wobbly extension and a ujoint right behind the socket. Taking the compressor out was tough. With the motor jacked up its easier to get the lower compressor mounting bolts out. But the top bolts had to stay on the compressor adding to the nightmare actually since they wanted to get caught on anything and everything.

I’m still working on putting it all back together now, but at least I got the compressor back in and the lines attached. Another problem was that in order to get the compressor out there was a lot of bending of those aluminum lines. Had to bend them to make room for rge compressor body. and then when I went to put it back together, the block with the lines didn’t want to line up where they were supposed to go and I was really afraid I was gonna crack one of the pipes. Just say no to crack pipes

Oh yeah, putting that motor mount back in sucks as well because of that bottom left bolt. It doesn’t want to go back in straight. since you can’t get your hand up there and you can’t get a straight on shot with a socket, it likes to go in crooked. And it did. Just like the last time I replace this compressor. and this time it again started slightly cross threaded and you know once you start the bolt thats been slightly cross threaded, you gotta be real careful to try to get that thing to straighten itself out. But it wasnt happening

I ended up taking the motor mount back out a second time so I could run a tap thtu the threads on that lower left position in the block. Then i abandoned the idea of trying to get the bolt back in and instead cut another bolt down and loctited it into the block so I just could put a nut on afterwards, (which was a hell of a lot easier than trying to get that bolt in straight. )

So then the manifold block with the high and low pressure lines didn’t want to line back up to the compressor because it was all bent out of whack, but I finally got that on. should be smooth sailing from here, right?

I am a little concerned that one of the bolts on the compressor that hold that thermal switch in place is touching the frame so I have to figure out what’s going on with that but heres a picture or two.